• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Zomba13

Kulock said:
A little off topic, but remember the rumor that Sonic was going to be in Super Mario Galaxy 2?

http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/01.jpg[img]

Okay, it's technically Mario & Sonic 2012, and a Galaxy 1 setting, but I still had to smirk on seeing it. Those games seem to be edging further and further away from Olympics and toward a true crossover.

[url=http://www.tssznews.com/2011/11/09/super-mario-galaxy-injected-into-ms-2012-olympics/]Article here.[/url][/QUOTE]
Sonic looks so god damn bored there.

Rlan

The references to Sonic stuff is weird in M&S2012 to -- I've seen bits for Windy Vally from SA1, and Grand Metropolis from Heroes. They don't reference the earlier stuff too often.

Berordn

Rlan said:
The references to Sonic stuff is weird in M&S2012 to -- I've seen bits for Windy Vally from SA1, and Grand Metropolis from Heroes. They don't reference the earlier stuff too often.
Sky Sanctuary was in Winter Olympics, but yeah, they mostly just take the stuff they can copy verbatim.

SwiftSketcher said:
How do you unlock songs? Is it random, or can you choose what you want?
By doing certain missions or getting certain red rings.

And yes, you can choose.

Edit: And for those of you who were complaining about Vector's beat challenge, it wasn't all that bad. Now the challenge that you needed to use hot air balloons was a pain in the hammerspace.

MIMIC

Banned
Is there a reason some of the so-called original music doesn't sound like the original? Like "Mushroom Hill Zone". It sounds a little different, like they tweaked some things.

MIMIC said:
Is there a reason some of the so-called original music doesn't sound like the original? Like "Mushroom Hill Zone". It sounds a little different, like they tweaked some things.

Yeah I wondered this. there's a few songs which sound different. but then there are other songs which are as they were in previous games... weird.

at first I thought mushroom hill was just the 3ds remix... but its not.

MIMIC

Banned
Speaking of which, my absolute FAVORITE remix (or tweaked song or whatever) is the "Sonic 2 two player results" music used in the Skill Shop. So wonderfully and perfectly remixed :)

Baconbitz

Banned
morningbus said:
More hard-drive space wouldn't help with those problems. How does your computer stack up against the recommended specs? What is your processor and its speed? How much RAM do you have? What kind of graphics card?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PC mods already appearing?

IaxMq.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Baconbitz said:

I'm going to assume that you have a laptop with an integrated graphics card (from the 2.75GB usable thing on your specs):

I'm sorry, but by the looks of it, your computer won't be able to run Generations at all. I don't think there's anything you can do to run it any better than you are now.

Sorry, man.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If you preorder Sonic Generations from Ebten.jp, you have the opportunity to purchase a "Sonic 20th Anniversary Set" which includes the game and one of these Limited Edition crystal cubes and the preorder History of the 1st Stage soundtrack.

Ebten.jp Sonic Generations "White Time and Space" PS3 Version 20th Anniversary Set (10,479円)

Ebten.jp Sonic Generations "White Time and Space" X360 Version 20th Anniversary Set (10,479円)

Ebten.jp Sonic Generations "Blue Adventure" 3DS Version 20th Anniversary Set (8,379円)

10479 yen plus tax (this is ~$135 US) for the HD versions. Weight: 902 g. Stereoscopic 3D laser engraved. Release date: 1 December 2011.

7fRHb.jpg
ZY2EE.jpg

Source: Famitsu

Edit: ... I just realized that only one of the three is region-free. Why do I keep thinking the 3DS is region-free? :(

Sciz

Sega1991 said:
I thought Nintendo developed the Wii versions?
The vast majority of the staff on both versions of the Mario & Sonic games are Sega employees. Nintendo mostly supervises.

Sciz

Anth0ny said:
Advance 1 by a long shot. They were Genesis perfect, no?
Close enough that I was surprised by how good it felt when I revisited the trilogy a while back. It's a shame that the level design takes a nosedive the second you reach Angel Island, though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kulock said:
A little off topic, but remember the rumor that Sonic was going to be in Super Mario Galaxy 2?

http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/02.jpg
http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/01.jpg

Okay, it's technically Mario & Sonic 2012, and a Galaxy 1 setting, but I still had to smirk on seeing it. Those games seem to be edging further and further away from Olympics and toward a true crossover.

Article here.

MARIO AND SONIC GENERATIONS:
CLASSIC SONIC
CLASSIC MARIO
MODERN SONIC
MODERN MARIO

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Classic Mario would have red overalls and a brown shirt, if I had to guess. Really though they're pretty much the same. The only real differentiated pair would be Jump Man and (Modern) Mario.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any way how to fix/play online mode on PS3? It's borked (it doesn't work most of the time and in rare instances, Ranking Play works).

ULTROS! said:
Any way how to fix/play online mode on PS3? It's borked (it doesn't work most of the time and in rare instances, Ranking Play works).
The only workaround is apparently deleting your friend list. Aside from that, all anyone can do is hope Sega fixes that with a patch or something. (It sucks, since I'm not able to get the Ranked Play and 30 Second Trial trophies at this point in time.)

J@hranimo

Banned
So SonicGAF, I finished all of the missions except one....the Classic Planet Wisp doppelganger race. Even the magic of playing Super Sonic Racing while doing the mission can't prevent the annoying spike gears and egg pawns from getting to me.

I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Anth0ny said:
Advance 1 by a long shot. They were Genesis perfect, no?
Good enough for there to be no reason why 4's physics were as fucked up as they were when the same company had replicated them perfectly on weaker hardware a decade earlier.

vulva

just played for about 2 hours. I think I'm coming along nicely. Just about to fight the second big boss. How many zones are there in total again?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Astrosanity said:
Good enough for there to be no reason why 4's physics were as fucked up as they were when the same company had replicated them perfectly on weaker hardware a decade earlier.
Agreed. Advance's controls felt pretty good now that I think about it.

And I love your new avatar. :D

vulva said:
just played for about 2 hours. I think I'm coming along nicely. Just about to fight the second big boss. How many zones are there in total again?
9 main zones + 90 total challenges + 3 rival fights + 3 bosses + final boss.

So playing this game in all of my free time has made me a very impatient driver.

On my commutes to and from work I find myself wanting to hit 'boost', drift roll around corners, and homing attack traffic.

There are no red rings on shady side roads, because it is real life and red rings do not exist in real life.

Throavium

SuperAngelo64 said:
So playing this game in all of my free time has made me a very impatient driver.

On my commutes to and from work I find myself wanting to hit 'boost', drift rolling around corners, and homing attacking traffic.

There are no red rings on shady side roads, because it is real life and red rings do not exist in real life.
Haha, classic.

TheOGB

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:

On my commutes to and from work I find myself wanting to hit 'boost', drift rolling around corners, and homing attacking traffic.

Listening to Modern Crisis City when outside has caused me to start running as fast as I can, presumably to save the past or the future or some shit.

This has also worked with Modern GHZ or almost any song from Colors

TheOGB said:
Listening to Modern Crisis City when outside has caused me to start running as fast as I can, presumably to save the past or the future or some shit.

This has also worked with Modern GHZ or almost any song from Colors
I'm going to reveal something really embarrassing;

I have 'Can You Feel the Sunshine' as the first track on my jogging playlist, followed by 'Windmill Isle - Day'. The rest is Jamiroquai...

I got through the first three stages tonight, and I'm actually liking it quite a bit. If there was only a way to fix the fps drops in some levels. Chemical Plant being the biggest offender so far.

Also, not sure how I feel about the Challenge gates.

TheOGB

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
I'm going to reveal something really embarrassing;

I have 'Can You Feel the Sunshine' as the first track on my jogging playlist, followed by 'Windmill Isle - Day'. The rest is Jamiroquai...
Holy shit

Replace 'Can You Feel the Sunshine' with 'Diamond in the Sky' and 'Back in Time' and that's pretty much me :O

Top Bottom