• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

From that review summary, 2 bad points are the 30fps refresh rate and loading times.. Which in theory could be non existant (almost) on pc. Sounds like an exciting time to be part of the master race.

Also, isnt it a sign of a generation of consoles nearing the end of their lives when review scores are being lowered due to these reasons? I mean, its not so much a fault of the game itself, but rather the hardware its being played on.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ShadiWulf said:
If you guys need some entertainment until we get more reviews in

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUuZZ65rFOGNy2wEK1d9T9Og&feature=plcp

Sonic1 has been breaking down by the power of iizuka-san. He's uploaded a bunch of weird / entertaining videos that are a good laugh.
Noooo... not him again...
KuGsj.gif

I clicked the link, whirled around to play Tales of Xillia and then heard some shit coming out of my speakers and whirled back around.

omg. best rendition of Sky Sanctuary.

Rapture

It's really one of those things that gets funnier and funnier the longer you play it, i have it playing in the background and i cant stop laughing.

:lol This guy doesn't quit.

Link of a video where he reviews some Sonic action figures and an Amy one which he claims to be the first to review on YouTube. I'm tempted to get some of these figures -- they're pretty cool looking.

In this video, which I should label as NSFW for the language...

- Gratuitous use of the homophobic epithets that he's known for.

- He shows that the Amy figure has a "pussy crevice." I'm not even playing.

- He hates Modern Sonic so much that he submerges a Modern Sonic figure in boiling hot water for an extended period of time. He claims to have thrown another Modern Sonic action figure into a fan.

- He quickly refers to Knuckles as [n-word] Knuckles in passing.

spindashing said:

Link of a video where he reviews some Sonic action figures and an Amy one which he claims to be the first to review on YouTube. I'm tempted to get some of these figures -- they're pretty cool looking.

- He hates Modern Sonic so much that he submerges a Modern Sonic figure in boiling hot water for an extended period of time. He claims to have thrown another Modern Sonic action figure into a fan.

You certainly weren't.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I dunno if it's the Dimetapp + the sinus medication, but when he pulled upside-down 1994 Robotnik out of nowhere, I laughed.
KuGsj.gif

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
spindashing said:

What's the story on this guy, tourettes or just crazy?

MarkusRJR

Not going to post the scans, but I read more about that magazine review.

Apparantly the rival battles are just races where the objective is to get to the end first, so there's only four boss fights in this game. Only four. Wow.

Nora Kisaragi said:

Apparantly the rival battles are just races where the objective is to get to the end first, so there's only four boss fights in this game. Only four. Wow.
In the 3DS version I'm assuming? Because we know for a fact the console version's Rival Battles don't work that way.

Nora Kisaragi said:

Is the lack of boss fights really that bad though? You don't need a boss battle to cap off each level. If a race/duel is entertaining enough of a substitute for a boss battle, I'm totally cool with that.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Is the lack of boss fights really that bad though? You don't need a boss battle to cap off each level. If a race/duel is entertaining enough of a substitute for a boss battle, I'm totally cool with that.

Sonic used to be a franchise where every single level had a boss, and in the case of Sonic 3 every act itself had a boss. But those days are long gone, unfortunately.

But in this case, we only have 1 boss per era (3 levels), and 1 race per era (3 levels), which means one level in each era has absolutely nothing besides the level. (and missions)

That certainly isn't going to be acceptable for me in a future sonic game, but for Generations i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

It'd be nice if you could unlock the ability to play through the game as Sonic with Tails, Tails alone, and Knuckles alone. You know, like the good ol' days.

I kind of doubt that, if the ramps are hard-coded like we've seen. Wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Derpy against Derpy!

RobbieNick

Official U.S. Playstation Magazine has one of the first reviews. They gave it a 8/10 in a tiny review taking up a quarter of a page and with a screencap of the 3DS Mushroom Hill. XP

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
RobbieNick said:
Official U.S. Playstation Magazine has one of the first reviews. They gave it a 8/10 in a tiny review taking up a quarter of a page and with a screencap of the 3DS Mushroom Hill. XP
Well that's all kinds of fail.

Top Bottom