• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

qq more

TimmiT said:
One of the site staff of Sonic Retro (who got the game today) hinted that there's a
Chrome Gadget
remix in one of the Speed Highway missions.
YESSSSSSS

Can't wait for the soundtrack.

TimmiT

From the guy who got the game early:
Also, the red rings you collect unlock concept artwork. You can unlock the game music in the game (think Sound test) too. But with "notes"
I think it means getting music notes, but haven't seen any yet. Also S ranks are much easier. You can get S Rank by getting A + not dying.
Cutscenes on 360 seem rather low-res pixelated, but hilarious to the tune of Colors. Much self-deprecation, poking fun at the series.
http://twitter.com/#!/ceej64

JonCha

Apparently Sonic 2 holds the record for just under 500k sales in the first week, Generations could quickly beat Colours' sales numbers.

434474927.jpg

Ok, that's it, tomorrow I'm taking a trip to Best Buy

qq more said:
Sadly I've already preordered MGS HD collection and don't plan to change that. Generations can wait... but still hnnngggg

NO! Look pal, you think your old games are more important than this new game about old games? Sort your life out!

On a serious note... there's way too much nostalgia in this industry. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
qq more said:
Sadly I've already preordered MGS HD collection and don't plan to change that. Generations can wait... but still hnnngggg
Sure the sonic games have a ton of replay value, but the mgs games in nature a longer in general and even longer for perfect run stuff. Not a bad choice to play first at all.

qq more

Green Scar said:
On a serious note... there's way too much nostalgia in this industry. :lol
To be fair, I've just got into MGS. lol

Sonic though, definitely nostalgia. I think the soundtrack will help the wait

Someone leak it already!

qq more said:
To be fair, I've just got into MGS. lol

Sonic though, definitely nostalgia. I think the soundtrack will help the wait

Someone leak it already!

MGS3 will blow your mind, if it hasn't already. Wonder if Sega will re-release SA2: Battle at some point.

Zafir

I'm kinda glad MGS collection was delayed in europe in that respect. Means I can focus on the new releases in such a busy period.
Green Scar said:
MGS3 will blow your mind, if it hasn't already. Wonder if Sega will re-release SA2: Battle at some point.
I hope so. That, Shenmue 1 & 2, Jet Set Radio, Grandia 2 and Chu Chu Rocket.

Expect a video from the buyer in a while. In it is Classic Sky Sanctuary and
a cutscene where both Sonics just barely miss each other; apparantely they don't meet until after the Death Egg Robot Boss. Also, there are supposedly only 13 cutscenes.

JonCha

PhantomOfTheKnight said:
Expect a video from the buyer in about 20 minutes. In it is Classic Sky Sanctuary and
a cutscene where both Sonics just barely miss each other; apparantely they don't meet until after the Death Egg Robot Boss. Also, there are supposedly only 13 cutscenes.
So after the first cutscene, I'm guessing
you play as Classic Sonic and Modern before they meet?
Pretty cool.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh God, I wanna hear the soundtrack nooooowwwwwww. :O

I can't wait until Tuesday! Definitely picking this up on my lunch break now.

Cutscenes on 360 seem rather low-res pixelated, but hilarious to the tune of Colors. Much self-deprecation, poking fun at the series.
Excellent. This pleases me.

Manual is crap. Front and back is color, 3 pages of English black and white text, only 1 of which is gameplay info.
Lame.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Fuck you guys. I'm starting to feel the hype. :(

GODDAMNIT I DON'T WANT TO WANT THIS

Does the game have english and japanese VA options?

Watching the video, going through skills now. One that got skipped by:

Athleticism - Lose less speed moving uphill and in water

It's optional, but still kind of iffy that's there.

There's also
a speed upgrade for Modern Sonic
. I don't like upgrading flat stats like that...

J@hranimo

Banned
PhantomOfTheKnight said:
Wow, didn't expect a
Secret Rings
reference.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they put a reference from that Sonic the Hedgehog arcade game. That's the mos obscure Sonic-related anything I know of.

J@hranimo

Banned
Watching that video ceej64 posted, a few spoilerific stuff in there.
I like how when you go to the zone entrance for the first time it doesn't what zone you're in until you're in it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh God, the urge to watch this is getting strong...!

Must resist, because I went into Colours knowing nearly nothing about the game and was quite satisfied from the get-go.

If the music is audible, I'll probably keep it on in the background.

J@hranimo

Banned
Dark Schala said:
Oh God, the urge to watch this is getting strong...!

Must resist, because I went into Colours knowing nearly nothing about the game and was quite satisfied from the get-go.

If the music is audible, I'll probably keep it on in the background.

In this case you should probably steer clear because she talks about some of the stuff going on in the game including spoilers. There is another new song from a classic game but that's all I'm gonna say ;)

DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT

I need to play this NOW.

The cutscenes are super charming and nothing too corny yet. Can't wait to see more of Classic Sonic in a scene! UHGG

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
J@hranimo said:
In this case you should probably steer clear because she talks about some of the stuff going on in the game including spoilers. There is another new song from a classic game but that's all I'm gonna say ;)
Thanks, I won't watch then. :)

Even if I know quite a bit, I want the rest to be a surprise. These next five days are going to feel long. Must play Kirby and Xillia to get my mind off this! >_<

Zafir

Dark Schala said:
Thanks, I won't watch then. :)

Even if I know quite a bit, I want the rest to be a surprise. These next five days are going to feel long. Must play Kirby and Xillia to get my mind off this! >_<
Lucky it's only 5. A week for Europe. Next week is going to be horrible. Lucky that Uncharted 3 comes out on the same day everywhere I suppose. Can play that until Friday.

I'm not exactly a "Sonic Cycle Sonic Cycle" person, but I do think for a lot of people, this game is one last chance of this:

yebDZ.jpg

If Sega fumbles, they've used their trump card. I can't think of anything past this that would get the dissenters' attention past "Sega lets Nintendo make a Sonic game" or something that extreme.

Thankfully, just about everything so far seems to point toward them having pulled it off. Maybe not perfectly, but damn well.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ugh just cutscenes? This time I think I'll pass.

As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna avoid anymore spoilers unless it's soundtrack related. No more footage, cutscenes, secrets, blah.

Top Bottom