• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Dr Eggman said:
Personalised_Robotnik_by_Goldensoul.jpg
If I could quote my avatar without seeming egotistic, now is the time to do such a thing.

Oh yeah, I know I'm going to get shit for this, but are there any 'Knight of the Wind', 'It Doesn't Matter (SA1)' or 'All Hail Shadow' remixes/references in this? As far as the cheesy-as-balls vocal tracks go, those are my favourites. :lol

qq more

Green Scar said:
Oh yeah, I know I'm going to get shit for this, but are there any 'Knight of the Wind', 'It Doesn't Matter (SA1)' or 'All Hail Shadow' remixes/references in this? As far as the cheesy-as-balls vocal tracks go, those are my favourites. :lol
As far I know, Knight of the Wind is in the ost. Don't think it's a remix though.

qq more said:
As far I know, Knight of the Wind is in the ost. Don't think it's a remix though.

Awesome. I found
there's a mash-up off All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn too, so that's something. And some of the results music is an It Doesn't Matter remix, apparently.

RagnarokX

I watched videos of some of the later levels. The player was really really bad at the game, but the later level design is full of cheap enemy and trap placement. Classic Sonic's tendency to come out of a roll kept screwing him over when he'd spindash off some ledges, uncurl, and hit an enemy.

Sciz

Green Scar said:
Awesome. I found
there's a mash-up off All Hail Shadow and Live and Learn too, so that's something. And some of the results music is an It Doesn't Matter remix, apparently.
It Doesn't Matter is hanging around in the files with the rest of the unremixed music.

Sciz said:
It Doesn't Matter is hanging around in the files with the rest of the unremixed music.

Right, I'm guessing those will be available for Modern Speed Highway and Modern Planet Wisp respectively. Cool cool cool.

iavi

I'd kill for a mix of "Fly in the Freedom" to show up in Generations. I can't tell you how many times I've repeated that song.

TheOGB

Banned
So that
Cyber Track/Shadow the Hedgehog Chaos Control boss ver. remix, "Time Break"
, does that play during a cutscene?

Sciz

TheOGB said:
So that
Cyber Track/Shadow the Hedgehog Chaos Control boss ver. remix, "Time Break"
, does that play during a cutscene?
I read something about that and Precious Time being used for powerups akin to classic's shields. The files for both of them are hanging around with the rest of the jingles, just above the mission music. There also isn't any cutscene music at all in the rip floating around, so all of that has to be in another archive.

Synless

Oh god, I had been playing Sonic 4 recently trying to get the rest of the trophies and decided to play the generations demo again. Playing as classic Sonic there were several times I tried to honing attack an enemy. Anyone else here been accidentally doing that?

Synless said:
Oh god, I had been playing Sonic 4 recently trying to get the rest of the trophies and decided to play the generations demo again. Playing as classic Sonic there were several times I tried to honing attack an enemy. Anyone else here been accidentally doing that?
I was playing Sonic 1 yesterday and I expected to be able to use the Stomp several times.

They should do a proper Mario and Sonic crossover in the vein of this game. An old level with 4 acts- 2D Mario, Classic Sonic, 3D Mario and Modern Sonic. Would probably never happen, but hey, I never thought this game would happen either. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
spindashing said:
A game full of Modern Sonic the way he is doesn't sound too bad at all. It would be like Sonic Colors 2.
I just hope sega sticks with a platform. The fact colors was wii only then generations ISNT ON WII AT ALL is fucking weird. I would of loved an HD version of colors, just like Im sure the wii only sonic fans are upset about missing out on generations. But then again this is Sega and they love not putting sequels to things on the same system.

Tambini

Green Scar said:
They should do a proper Mario and Sonic crossover in the vein of this game. An old level with 4 acts- 2D Mario, Classic Sonic, 3D Mario and Modern Sonic. Would probably never happen, but hey, I never thought this game would happen either. :lol

That would be heavenly. Never gonna happen.

Synless said:

Never had that happen with a Sonic game, but one time I found myself shaking my DS while playing New Super Mario Bros. after the Wii one came out.

Aeana

Box of Bunnies said:
Never had that happen with a Sonic game, but one time I found myself shaking my DS while playing New Super Mario Bros. after the Wii one came out.
I did that too. I kept snapping the DS shut by accident.

MNC

Such a shame sonic games are about speed when the music is so good :(

Man, the OST of this is like a best of sonic music remix album. Fuck.

MNC said:
Such a shame sonic games are about speed when the music is so good :(

Man, the OST of this is like a best of sonic music remix album. Fuck.

Way I see it, this is them making up for the Sonic music selection in Brawl.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol I did it in Mario Kart DS once or twice after playing MK Wii exclusively for a while.

TheOGB

Banned
Modern Crisis City...

Hot damn, I like this. I love it! I almost wish it were the last stage, what with the decidedly more peaceful Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp following it. It's got a final stage setting, a final stage name, final stage soundtrack... Only thing going against it is its source :V

It has a feeling of last-minute hope not present in its first incarnation. Probably wasn't appropriate then, but it's here now and it sounds magnificent; I'm loving the combination of the violins and the keyboard in the background. The tempo and that Aquarium Park Act 3-esque beat create a sense of urgency (the good kind, not the "Elise's train is... uh-oh, gotta speed up!" kind) that really drives it, gets me hyped. This really is the coolest route they could've gone with the track.

Or at least, it would have been if they had the guitar part from Crisis City ~Skyscraper~. But this is probably as good as it could have gotten without it. :p

...why did i write all that
it's this song
this song inspired me to write this
i was just gonna say something along the lines of "dat remix" and call it a day but i just couldn't

This song kicks ass. My favorite one in the game so far. And big props to Classic Crisis City also kicking ass.

EDIT: Lol at that Modern Angel Island

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Tell me I'm not the only one who hears "Bowser in the Dark World" when I listen to Modern Crisis City

Shit, that's what it is! I was thinking of a track from Galaxy. Well, the first Bowser Galaxy's music is a new arrangement of "Bowser in the Dark World", so yeah. Still, quite similar.

Top Bottom