• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think they view the Storybook games as gaiden titles, hence they don't get large representation in Generations other than BGMs.

TheOGB said:
Classic in Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Modern in Adventure Ice Cap. Or switch em up for shits and giggles.

I would have done something similar for Red Mountain. Modern Sonic = Outside (Red Mountain), Classic Sonic = inside (Lava Reef homage).

JADS

amrod said:
I didnt get the bonus... but you do get a key to preload it early

activates as

Sonic Generations Retail

I cracked a day ago and foolishly bought the game on Steam. Activates as

Sonic Generations Preorder

zazrx said:
So how does the game run on PC?

~3 more hours before unlock

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While I can't play the game, I can at least look at the file structure for the PC Version.

Sounds takes up 1.55 GB. Game is spoken in 6 languages (Japanese and the standard Euro 5)

One song/sound file, "SNG22_ADD.cpk" takes up 300MB. Next biggest song is "SNG09_PLA.cpk", which is 35MB. Language Tracks are 100MB each.

There is an empty folder called Temporary Debug Data.

The bulk of the data is kept in 3 "Disk" files, bb.cpk, bb2, and bb3.

Movies take up 1.82 GB, the staff roll alone is 240MB. Biggest is ev101.sfd, which is 750MB.

Wonko_C

IceDoesntHelp said:
Thats my question. I need to know D: but not a single person knows. There isn't a review up for the PC version yet either ):

I'm having daily nightmares about it! I remember buying Spider-Man 2 on the PC way back expecting a port of the Xbox version and turns out it was a completely different (and terrible) game, like a special version for kids or something, massive disappointment is an understatement.

So please don't be a port of the 3DS version or be capped at 30 fps or something. @_@

EDIT: (I'm actually optimistic though, it'll probably run great on my measly Core2Duo & GTX 285, like most games)

Ozone said:
Sonic Generations 2.

Sonic Generations 2: This Time It's Personal

Scrap Brain Zone (open with a bang)
Oil Ocean Zone
Ice Cap Zone
Flying Battery Zone
Red Mountain
Metal Harbor
Egg Fleet
Kingdom Valley
Dragon Road
Asteroid Coaster
The Doomsday

oh yeah

Wonko_C said:
I'm having daily nightmares about it! I remember buying Spider-Man 2 on the PC way back expecting a port of the Xbox version and turns out it was a completely different (and terrible) game, like a special version for kids or something, massive disappointment is an understatement.

So please don't be a port of the 3DS version or be capped at 30 fps or something. @_@

EDIT: (I'm actually optimistic though, it'll probably run great on my measly Core2Duo & GTX 285, like most games)
lolol. 3DS version doesn't come out 'till the 24th. So very doubtful. I'll probably grab the 3DS and PC version, due to them having different levels :D (smart decision Sega)

Zomba13

Green Scar said:
SHADOW GENERATIONS

Evil Green Hill Zone
That level from Shadow with the airships
End of the World
A level that is full of horrible driving sections from Sonic 06

IceDoesntHelp said:
lolol. 3DS version doesn't come out 'till the 24th. So very doubtful. I'll probably grab the 3DS and PC version, due to them having different levels :D (smart decision Sega)
Same, especially as I got the PC version for so cheap and my 3DS needs games badly (not bought a game since launch. Got Pilot Wings and SSFIV. N64 remakes aren't worth it to me until they are cheaper)

IceDoesntHelp said:

Very, I'll be picking up the 3DS version as well >_>

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'd take one but I don't have a 360. None of my girlfriends who do have 360s care for Sonic either... plus my 360-owning cousins (ok, pretty much all of my cousins) are all boys. :/

The Xtortionist said:

The Doomsday

oh yeah
:(

I wanted a remix as cool as--or even cooler than--this.

Green Scar said:
SHADOW GENERATIONS

Evil Green Hill Zone
That level from Shadow with the airships
End of the World
But where are the rest of the levels? It needs more of those insufferable driving stages from Sonic 2006. Also some shooter levels with a poor camera.

CHALLENGE STAGE: Find the computer room!

Zomba13

Dark Schala said:
I'd take one but I don't have a 360. None of my girlfriends who do have 360s care for Sonic either... plus my 360-owning cousins (ok, pretty much all of my cousins) are all boys. :/

:(

I wanted a remix as cool as--or even cooler than--this.

But where are the rest of the levels? It needs more of those insufferable driving stages from Sonic 2006. Also some shooter levels with a poor camera.

CHALLENGE STAGE: Find the computer room!
Another Challenge: Where's that DAMN forth Chaos Emerald!?.

TheOGB

Banned
Zomba13 said:
It is then that it is revealed that this is a prequel to Sonic Generations, and Shadow gives Sonic the very same damn Chaos Emerald.

:lol Good shit Schala. OK, so how about:

Evil Green Hill Zone
Sky Chase (starring that god awful hang-glider from 06)
Lava Reef Zone (token fire level, to go with his red-hot anguish over Maria's death)
Fishing level with Big the Cat
Some Rogue the Bat level, those were always shite
Metropolis, with authentic camera
6-hour FIND THE COMPUTAR ROOM mission
RADICAL TRAIN
End of the World (never forget, R.I.P. pokecapn's mind)
A werehog level, just to fuck with people
No levels from Colours
All the levels from Sonic 4

Green Scar said:

Evil Green Hill Zone
Lava Reef Zone (token fire level, to go with his red-hot anguish over Maria's death)
RADICAL TRAIN
No levels from Colours
I love the sound of this! Day 153

Sciz

Phonomezer said:
How this or Radical Train were overlooked in favour of Crisis City I'll never know.
They got to incorporate a fire level and another city level with a single pick. There was never any contest.

Malajax

TheOGB said:
I'd buy that for a dollar
They could totally do level packs with different characters for cheap. They could make a killing.

Ugh, don't screw this up, SEGA! You're sitting on a gold mine!

The iOS mine cart level is in there, you use Chaos Control to slow down time, allowing you to position the cart correctly and bounce to victory

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Zomba13 said:
The way he said it made me laugh.

Professor Beef said:
Shadow Generations also needs TWICE as many endings as the first Shadow game.

Maybe even TRIPLE.
And they need a few endings of him killing Robotnik.

Green Scar said:

Evil Green Hill Zone
RADICAL TRAIN
No levels from Colours
Much much better (needs a fight with the Sonic 2006 version of Silver with him sending Shadow into space somehow). I'm dying.
KuGsj.gif

Teknoman

The Xtortionist said:

Scrap Brain Zone (open with a bang)
Oil Ocean Zone
Ice Cap Zone
Flying Battery Zone
Red Mountain
Metal Harbor
Egg Fleet
Kingdom Valley
Dragon Road
Asteroid Coaster
The Doomsday

oh yeah

I'd play the hell out of this.

Maybe I'll email D2D to see when the keys will be released.

LaneDS

I hope this thread is flooded with PC impressions soon after unlock. Waiting on those before deciding PC/360/PS3. Was there a clear winner between 360/PS3? Sounded like 360 performed slightly better (had only tried the demo on PS3 though).

L00P

I'm eagerly awaiting for some PC impressions. I'm just curious about how it runs on PC.

The only Sonic games I've played are Rush and Unleashed. I thought Unleashed sucked and never finished it, but I thoroughly enjoyed Rush.

Generations seems to be a decent game, so I'm really looking forward to it

Frankenstrat said:
And listening to chip complain about how hungry he is.

And Omochao obscuring the entire screen. GOTY!

IceDoesntHelp said:
Sigh, I want to rent that one day. Just for kicks. Also cause my friend hates Sonic, so it would be fun to watch him try to play through it.

I bought it for $119.00 AUD in 2006. Bitter tears were shed.

Top Bottom