• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

Rokal

After the problems I had with Deus-Ex 'decrypting' on steam, which eventually lead to me re-downloading the entire game twice before I could actually start playing, I decided not to take advantage of future pre-loads. Just start the game download when it releases, nice and simple. At 20% now.

qq more

Just realized I can ring bells to get those music notes to pop out. Unlocked a lot of music and artwork!

Toxic Caves, Palmtree Panic JP/EU, Sonic Boom and Sweet Mountain

Oreoleo

Mistle said:
Those saying it runs smoothly: what specs?

I have a HD Radeon 5770, 8GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Q9550 3.2, and hoping it will run fine.

Heh this is almost exactly my rig, except my 9550 is at stock speed, 2.83 or something. Anyway I was running the game at in-game max and getting a solid 45-50 fps. I didnt notice any drops, the game ran really smoothly both in classic and modern mode green hill.

Image quality is really nice, the built in AA is better than I thought it would be.
Alt-tabbing works.
360 controller working with no problems.

Since my LE will not be here until monday now, just bought the game on steam :D will play with the master race until next week.

Still keeping my boxed pc version order for later this month, I like boxes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's at times like these when I wished I had a competent gaming PC. I only have a Lenovo ThinkPad T520 laptop
(Intel Core i5-2520M @2.7GHz; dual-core; 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 (2x SO-DIMM); NVIDIA NVS4200M w/ Optimus tech, 1GB discrete VRAM).

Teknoman

Orellio said:
Heh this is almost exactly my rig, except my 9550 is at stock speed, 2.83 or something. Anyway I was running the game at in-game max and getting a solid 45-50 fps. I didnt notice any drops, the game ran really smoothly both in classic and modern mode green hill.

Image quality is really nice, the built in AA is better than I thought it would be.
Alt-tabbing works.
360 controller working with no problems.

Awesome so my 4870 1GB should be good to go? Also great to hear no Radeon problems.

Dark Schala said:
It's at times like these when I wished I had a competent gaming PC. I only have a Lenovo ThinkPad T520 laptop
(Intel Core i5-2520M @2.7GHz; dual-core; 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 (2x SO-DIMM); NVIDIA NVS4200M w/ Optimus tech, 1GB discrete VRAM).
I know that feel. :(

Oreoleo

Teknoman said:
Awesome so my 4870 1GB should be good to go? Also great to hear no Radeon problems.

I don't see why not. Forgot to mention that's at 1080p. The game plays nice with D3DOverrider as well.

Mupod

Oh yeah, took some quick screenshots...

SonicGenerations2011-11-0320-06-28-89.jpg

SonicGenerations2011-11-0320-08-11-14.jpg

SonicGenerations2011-11-0320-12-59-49.jpg

Teknoman

Mupod said:
Yes. Can't seem to find a way to get it to 120 though, even though it said I could on the configurator. I'll live I guess.

Yeah but at that framerate, the difference between 120 and 60 is pretty negligible.

Xander51

I got to 100 percent decrypted...and then it decided it needed to download 4 more gigs. So uh. I'll have some impressions later. Good to hear that the framerate is unlocked and it has actual graphics options. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this port but jumped because it's cheap.

senahorse

Sonic at 1080P running at 60fps is glorious, I was a little worried it might be capped at 30fps but so far (a few levels in) it's running great :D.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, had some framerate issues on Classic Chemical Plant, and the game having some odd lockup during Modern Chemical Plant. The later may be due to some odd bug with loosing internet connection, since sounds was still going.

Loading times are pretty good, less then 5 seconds I would say.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They look so nice. I hope you guys take screens of Chemical Plant and Speed Highway. <3

I'm betting it looks even better in motion since it's 60 fps.

K701

Banned
I thought there were supposed to be prompts when you can do tricks? I'm not getting them, and I swear modern sonic is doing the B slide all by himself.

Teknoman

K701 said:
I thought there were supposed to be prompts when you can do tricks? I'm not getting them, and I swear modern sonic is doing the B slide all by himself.

Did you turn off hints?

Also more screens please.

Teknoman said:
Honestly, Classic Sonic would probably work just fine, but I cant see someone drifting with a keyboard.
Pfft, that's gotta be the easy part.
I'll test out the keyboard controls tomorrow I guess. If I don't like it, then I'll get a 360 controller.

Top Bottom