• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

I've just thought about something: if mods are possible on the PC version, someone could potentially mod the good Planet Wisp music into the game.

That would be awesome.

Zafir

qq more said:
I'm okay with Chaotix members. I think Espio is a cool guy. But Shadow... :/
Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I can sort of accept Shadow. Despite the train wreck that was Shadow the Hedgehog, his levels in Sonic Adventure 2 could be fun. However with Team Chaotix, due to having not played Knuckles Chaotix, the only thing I can remember of them is their levels on Sonic Heroes. Which to be frank isn't a good memory.

Sciz

For all of Classic's quirks and Sonic Team not quite getting the point of it, speedruns feel really good when they go off smoothly.

I'm gonna have to break down and buy a controller to play Modern decently, though. As far I can tell you can't actually drift with a keyboard.

Zafir said:
However with Team Chaotix, due to having not played Knuckles Chaotix, the only thing I can remember of them is their levels on Sonic Heroes. Which to be frank isn't a good memory.
You wouldn't remember them any more fondly for having played Chaotix.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Zafir said:
Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I can sort of accept Shadow. Despite the train wreck that was Shadow the Hedgehog, his levels in Sonic Adventure 2 could be fun. However with Team Chaotix, due to having not played Knuckles Chaotix, the only thing I can remember of them is their levels on Sonic Heroes. Which to be frank isn't a good memory.

Believe me, you haven't missed out on anything.

McNum

Hmm, I'm actually liking Modern Sonic better so far. Is it just me, or has Sega finally nailed it? Modern Sonic is fun in his own right, without needing to try to be Classic Sonic. Not that I don't like Classic Sonic, I do, but I think Modern Sonic between this and Colors finally has broken free into his own style. Boost, Homing Attack, and 2D platforming style plays pretty good. One might say it's about time, but I'll just be happy that it works now.

Just took on Shadow, which was a great fight. I love a mirror match battle, and Shadow qualifies for that, easily. He needs to be drained of rings before you can take him down and the boss fight gimmick is available to both him and you. I do wonder, though, if you even need the gimmick if you're sharp enough. He starts off with 10 rings and full Boost, just like you, but if you get a hit in on him while he's not boosting, could you possibly follow up and take him down with no energy core used? I'm thinking if you use the "Free Boost on 'GO!'" skill to extend your own boost a few seconds over his. If you can, I'm giving it three days until this is up on YouTube by someone.

RobbieNick

balladofwindfishes said:
They really could have had an "Extra" Zone per "Theme"

Classic: Sonic CD Level
Dreamcast: Sonic 3D Blast level (lol)
Modern: Sonic and the Secret Rings Level

And they even could have had a whole other theme, "Handheld" with a Game Gear level, a GBA level and a DS level.

Iizuka - "Game Gear?!" HAHA! no.

Sorry. I just had to. XD

qq more

Zafir said:
Knuckles Chaotix is a mediocre game, not as bad as Sonic Heroes IMHO but I always thought Espio looked kind of cool when I was a kid.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Zafir said:
Err... I don't think you're missing much. To be honest, if you had played Chaotix, I think you'd see them in a more negative light.

Espio >>>> every other member of the Chaotix. I'm guessing Troy Baker fans would appreciate him more now.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
McNum said:
Hmm, I'm actually liking Modern Sonic better so far. Is it just me, or has Sega finally nailed it? Modern Sonic is fun in his own right, without needing to try to be Classic Sonic. Not that I don't like Classic Sonic, I do, but I think Modern Sonic between this and Colors finally has broken free into his own style. Boost, Homing Attack, and 2D platforming style plays pretty good. One might say it's about time, but I'll just be happy that it works now.

Just took on Shadow, which was a great fight. I love a mirror match battle, and Shadow qualifies for that, easily. He needs to be drained of rings before you can take him down and the boss fight gimmick is available to both him and you. I do wonder, though, if you even need the gimmick if you're sharp enough. He starts off with 10 rings and full Boost, just like you, but if you get a hit in on him while he's not boosting, could you possibly follow up and take him down with no energy core used? I'm thinking if you use the "Free Boost on 'GO!'" skill to extend your own boost a few seconds over his. If you can, I'm giving it three days until this is up on YouTube by someone.

The thing about modern Sonic, as he works in Colors and this game, is that the "fun part" is not the granular platforming. It's in memorizing the routes and making perfect runs, with the capacity to instantly and fluidly choose which branch you want to take and hit it right on the mark.

Now that, is a fucking blast. When you get GOOD at the stages in these two games, they are amazing and feel like what Sonic should be in 3D.

This is not meant as an apologetic for Sonic Team (they don't need one. They're getting great again. They're putting in a hell of a lot of effort.), but something people may need to consider is that 3D Sonic is a tall order for designing a platforming engine. You need both local, small resolution platforming action, and the ability to dash all around at warp speed on a time, with stages that oscillate between tubes, ramps, and highways, and platforms, spikes, dead ends, and ambush traps.

Sonic Team's earlier 3D games had so many problems because that's a platforming game design problem the best in the business would break out into cold sweat over.

The only real remaining rough spot in the 3D sections is that when you screw up, or stop, it feels awkward to get back up to speed or orient yourself. Personally, I think a lot of the stages in Sonic Colors had 3D sections better designed to compensate for the limitations of this game design. They funneled the player better than most stages in Generations seem to. But only by a little bit. Generations isn't trash compared to Colors.

The main things I feel they should work on to try and perfect the formula is the stickiness of their invisible splines and "guiding hands" that massage character movement to keep the player on track while retaining some control. The goal should be to allow the character to flow through the environment with complete fluidity. In the current state, I would say Colors achieves that 90% of the time, and Generations 80% of the time.

The older games before Unleashed though, at best were 30 to 50% of where they needed to be.

Okay so this is weird. When I purhcased Sonic Generations, SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics came with it. YET, when I try to play it an error pops up
"The application data is not complete. Please re-install."
Anyone else have this?

MNC

Still can't play at all since the configuration tool doesn't recognize my actual GPU instead of the onboard graphics.

IceDoesntHelp said:
Okay so this is weird. When I purhcased Sonic Generations, SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics came with it. YET, when I try to play it an error pops up
"The application data is not complete. Please re-install."
Anyone else have this?

I had this problem with Left4Dead 2 for a while. Try turning off your anti-virus and then launch it/redownload it?

Ozone

Just got the last handful of achievements on this game. I must say, it is quite excellent. I initially favored the fast-paced play of Modern Sonic, but the more I played and got used to the controls of Classic, and of course the ability to use
elemental shields
, in the end I loved that the most about this game. Is it Genesis-perfect? No. But they got enough right to make me happy and give me hope that we see more of this in the future.

Hell, I'd pay $60 for a full game of just Classic Sonic. Just please give me more of this.

Anth0ny

qq more said:
They'd also consider Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic 06 classic too.

fuck

FUCK

FUCK

I can't imagine this actually happening. I thought a game has to be good to be deemed a classic. The Sonic games from Adventure 2 and forward will remembered as "old dogshit" and not so much "classics".

McNum

Kaijima said:
The thing about modern Sonic, as he works in Colors and this game, is that the "fun part" is not the granular platforming. It's in memorizing the routes and making perfect runs, with the capacity to instantly and fluidly choose which branch you want to take and hit it right on the mark.

Now that, is a fucking blast. When you get GOOD at the stages in these two games, they are amazing and feel like what Sonic should be in 3D.

This is not meant as an apologetic for Sonic Team (they don't need one. They're getting great again. They're putting in a hell of a lot of effort.), but something people may need to consider is that 3D Sonic is a tall order for designing a platforming engine. You need both local, small resolution platforming action, and the ability to dash all around at warp speed on a time, with stages that oscillate between tubes, ramps, and highways, and platforms, spikes, dead ends, and ambush traps.

Sonic Team's earlier 3D games had so many problems because that's a platforming game design problem the best in the business would break out into cold sweat over.

The only real remaining rough spot in the 3D sections is that when you screw up, or stop, it feels awkward to get back up to speed or orient yourself. Personally, I think a lot of the stages in Sonic Colors had 3D sections better designed to compensate for the limitations of this game design. They funneled the player better than most stages in Generations seem to. But only by a little bit. Generations isn't trash compared to Colors.

The main things I feel they should work on to try and perfect the formula is the stickiness of their invisible splines and "guiding hands" that massage character movement to keep the player on track while retaining some control. The goal should be to allow the character to flow through the environment with complete fluidity. In the current state, I would say Colors achieves that 90% of the time, and Generations 80% of the time.

The older games before Unleashed though, at best were 30 to 50% of where they needed to be.
Well said. I agree. Modern Sonic's division between behind the back racing sections and careful 2D platforming is perhaps part of what makes him work now. You'll want Sonic to go fast, racing game fast. So he got a Boost. It works fine and feels good to do. But you can't really platform much at 100mph. So you get the 2D platforming which serves two purposes. To allow for some careful platforming and to tell the player that he's gotten to a slower part where he can collect rings and defeat enemies so he'll have full Boost for the next racing part.

But yeah, when Modern Sonic gets going and you chain together everything and hit all jumps, rings, and boosts exactly as you anted to, it's great. It's part of what I like in Sonic 4, too, pulling off that chain of actions that makes Sonic look like Sonic should. That is casually tossing himself at danger at breakneck speed, and coming out of it unharmed in a cloud of robot debris. See the intro of Unleashed as an example. We want to do that. And when we pull a level off perfectly, we just did.

So, I'm happy for Sonic Team at the moment. It looks like they figured 3D Sonic out. It took a lot of trial and error, but Sonic is not an easy character to make levels for, especially in 3D.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kaijima's posts are always so well-written and full of truth.

Zomba13 said:
So is there an OST for this game I can buy yet? Is there one coming?
I'm still checking every day, but so far none yet. It might be like Colours' and Final Fantasy XIII's where it's released a few months after the game. I know I'll preorder it when it goes up. The music in this game
outside of the final boss theme
is really good. Dunno if they can include everything including unlockables, though.

Ozone said:
...but the more I played and got used to the controls of Classic, and of course the ability to use elemental shields in the end I loved that the most about this game. Is it Genesis-perfect? No. But they got enough right to make me happy and give me hope that we see more of this in the future.

Hell, I'd pay $60 for a full game of just Classic Sonic. Just please give me more of this.
I think I would too. If Sonic Team gave it enough time and polish, they could really pull something even better than Generations out of their hat. The elemental shields make Classic Sonic's playstyle so much better, and they're fun to play around with (ex: that one mission
in Planet Wisp where you have to use all three shields to get through the level
). As I've said before, I love the model and the animations. It's darling.

Even though I've probably been dishing out accolades for Classic Sonic's style, I'm also still enjoying Modern Sonic's playstyle. Kaijima hit the nail on the head: perfecting a runthrough in the routes by knowing when to boost, slide, jump, quickstep, and slowly platform through an area is the best thing Sonic Team can do with 3D Sonic. It isn't perfect yet, but they're getting there, and I'm sure that with more games utilizing the hybrid behind-the-back and 2D platforming segments, Sonic Team can probably perfect the formula if they keep it up. Hopefully they will. I'm... a little optimistic. I hope they polish the Modern playstyle a little more with regards to scripting and control/drifting in the future.

I find both playstyles incredibly fun. Both of them have something to offer the player, whether it's classic fun 2D platforming with powerups from Classic Sonic or a hybrid format where the player is encouraged to sift through multiple paths to find everything, and also to complete the stage faster from Modern Sonic. I can readily accept both forms of play now based on Colours and Generations.

As long as we don't go back to shitty physics puzzles with Silver the Hedgehog or riding motorcycles with Shadow the Hedgehog, I'm good.

TEJ

i think i'm going to buy the xbox 360 version tomorrow.

I hear that star light zone is in the game as remix. How is it? The song from the SLZ is one of my absolute favorite songs.

McNum

Heh, it's almost as if Sonic needed 2006, in a way. Sonic 2006 pretty much killed the Adventure style. Which, while the Adventure style was serviceable on its own, is probably a good thing for Sonic. But after the poor controls and weird levels for all three characters in 2006 (Mach Speed, vehicles, and physics puzzles), Sonic had to reinvent himself. Which he did, in Sonic and the Secret Rings. That's where behind-the-back Sonic boost racing comes from. The other half is Sonic Rush, which used a boost in 2D platforming. The Secret Rings/Rush style was first used in Unleashed, where, while somewhat raw, it was still the highlight of the game, and fans and critics alike wanted to see a full game of that, which is Colors. And now, the Colors game is being tuned for Generations as well as trying out a more careful 2D platforming with Classic Sonic. I would not be surprised if the first next-gen Sonic will play like Modern Sonic in racing parts, but more like Classic in the 2D parts.

And you know what? That'd be perfectly fine with me. It might actually be an interesting thread with "The Fall and Rise of Sonic the Hedgehog". Modern Sonic's evolution is fairly easy to track, but it'd be fun to pull it all out and highlight it.

Zafir

Guess I dodged a bullet with Knuckles Chaotix then, heh!

As for the soundtrack, I've seen two announced in japan. A white edition which comes with the PS3 and 360 versions of the game and a blue edition which comes with the japanese 3ds edition. No idea about the tracklist though, and how many tracks it actually contains.

hm.. steam just downloaded something related to generations for me.. I don't know if it was just a save sync or a patch.. but I don't see any comments about it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
TEJ said:
i think i'm going to buy the xbox 360 version tomorrow.

I hear that star light zone is in the game as remix. How is it? The song from the SLZ is one of my absolute favorite songs.
It's in, but as an unlockable extra. It is not remixed.

Zafir said:
Guess I dodged a bullet with Knuckles Chaotix then, heh!

As for the soundtrack, I've seen two announced in japan. A white edition which comes with the PS3 and 360 versions of the game and a blue edition which comes with the japanese 3ds edition. No idea about the tracklist though, and how many tracks it actually contains.
See this post. Neither of these soundtracks contain music from Generations (er, except for some unlockables, I guess), but are aptly called 'History of the First Stage'--they contain tracks from nearly every Sonic game's first stage.

Zafir

Dark Schala said:
It's in, but as an unlockable extra. It is not remixed.

See this post. Neither of these soundtracks contain music from Generations (er, except for some unlockables, I guess), but are aptly called 'History of the First Stage'--they contain tracks from nearly every Sonic game's first stage.
Ah. Interestingly enough, combine those two tracklists together, and you nearly get the tracklist to the cd in the european CE.

Odd that they haven't announced a soundtrack yet. Maybe it'll be announced sometime around the japanese release.

Grisby

So guys,

I rented Generations tonight and just popped it in. I haven't touched a Sonic game since Adventure 2 and even that I didn't complete.

The opening level is a thing of beauty. Had a smile the entire time. I think I'm gonna have some fun with this.

Question though: The cutscenes (360 ver) look pixelated and blurry as hell. Is that common?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Most likely, they compressed the videos even more on the 360. The game on the PC clocks in slightly larger then what a 360 disc can hold.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
McNum said:
Heh, it's almost as if Sonic needed 2006, in a way. Sonic 2006 pretty much killed the Adventure style. Which, while the Adventure style was serviceable on its own, is probably a good thing for Sonic. But after the poor controls and weird levels for all three characters in 2006 (Mach Speed, vehicles, and physics puzzles), Sonic had to reinvent himself. Which he did, in Sonic and the Secret Rings. That's where behind-the-back Sonic boost racing comes from. The other half is Sonic Rush, which used a boost in 2D platforming. The Secret Rings/Rush style was first used in Unleashed, where, while somewhat raw, it was still the highlight of the game, and fans and critics alike wanted to see a full game of that, which is Colors. And now, the Colors game is being tuned for Generations as well as trying out a more careful 2D platforming with Classic Sonic. I would not be surprised if the first next-gen Sonic will play like Modern Sonic in racing parts, but more like Classic in the 2D parts.

And you know what? That'd be perfectly fine with me. It might actually be an interesting thread with "The Fall and Rise of Sonic the Hedgehog". Modern Sonic's evolution is fairly easy to track, but it'd be fun to pull it all out and highlight it.
I honestly think Sonic 2006 was a huge wake-up call; Sonic's gameplay needed to be reinvented because ... well, you know. Throwing in all sorts of levels and missions for the other characters ... can be good or bad depending on what the player is tasked with, but they went all-out with Sonic 2006 and it ended up not being very good.

It'll be interesting to see what Sonic Team does with the Modern style of gameplay next. I like the mix they have going on now, but there's always room to make the gameplay more competent and polished. If they continue on this path, I'm sure there'll be a game that everyone might enjoy.

As for how I truly feel about Generations, I think I might need to think about it a little more. There are some parts that I absolutely love and can play with a huge smile on my face, but then there are small bits and pieces that I don't enjoy much. I can say this: it's a step in the right direction in terms of mechanics, gameplay and level design. I really enjoyed Modern Sonic's level designs and their perspectives. Their multiple paths seemed so well-crafted.

Let me in

I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but the game has a strange policy of taking away a life when choosing "Start Over." On top of that, choosing "Start Over" counts as dying and thus precludes the earning of an "S" rank, even if you thereafter make a perfect run.

You're starting at the beginning of the level with no checkpoints, why would choosing to restart the level and doing a perfect thereafter preclude an S rank?

I just want a fresh start sometimes. In order to S rank the level, you have to completely back out to the hub and then reenter if you didn't like the way you did something. Is this not driving the perfectionists mad?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Let me in said:
I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but the game has a strange policy of taking away a life when choosing "Start Over." On top of that, choosing "Start Over" counts as dying and thus precludes the earning of an "S" rank, even if you thereafter make a perfect run.

You're starting at the beginning of the level with no checkpoints, why would choosing to restart the level and doing a perfect thereafter preclude an S rank?

I just want a fresh start sometimes. In order to S rank the level, you have to completely back out to the hub and then reenter if you didn't like the way you did something. Is this not driving the perfectionists mad?
It's annoying yeah, but you don't really have to speed run a level for an S rank.

TheOGB

Banned
Restarting almost always took a life IIRC, but not giving an S-Rank...

Well, I guess that makes up for S-Ranks being easier to get?

Let me in

It just makes no sense. It was just an oddity until I got to Modern Crisis City. What a piece of shit. Now it's a frustration. If you fall off once, that's it! Back out to the hub and restart. "Start Over" means you died and no "Perfect Bonus."

It's almost like they wanted to so faithfully recreate this level from S06, shitty design and all. I like all of the other modern levels though.

RobbieNick

So, to those who own the collectors edition. A few questions...

Is this worth it? It's gonna cost me $120 and I already own the 360 version. It's the German
PS3 version cuz Amazon Germany ships internationally, but that means while I can change voices to English, text will probably be in German. Including Sonic's freinds advice.

Will the DVD documentary be in English or have English subtitles? Can I play it on my PS3 or PC?

I'm just wondering if it's worth it or should I bail before they charge me for the order tonight?

Let me in said:
It just makes no sense. It was just an oddity until I got to Modern Crisis City. What a piece of shit. Now it's a frustration. If you fall off once, that's it! Back out to the hub and restart. "Start Over" means you died and no "Perfect Bonus."

No it doesn't. Star Over starts you over with a clean record. Unless it specifically doesn't work right on Modern Crisis City?

It would be nice if you started over something like 10 seconds after a death, it didn't take an extra life, though. You often don't have enough time to pause and start over before the actual death registers.

qq more

Gave Crisis City Modern a second try. Not a terrible run this time. But first minute of the level still sucked. You can easily overshoot your jump and fall into pits often. The rest of the level was okay at times. I like the 2D sections. But seriously though Sega... that level needs work.

qq more said:
Gave Crisis City Modern a second try. Not a terrible run this time. But first minute of the level still sucked. You can easily overshoot your jump and fall into pits often. The rest of the level was okay at times. I like the 2D sections. But seriously though Sega... that level needs work.
So much work. The worst level in the whole game, and that's followed up by Planet Wisp (classic sonic).
Stupid wisp power up made this more tedious then it had to be. I tried doing that puzzle with the three gears, and the last gear wouldn't turn the way I wanted it to. Was stuck on that part for 3 minutes, then I gave up. Maybe I'm just stupid, maybe I missed something. I DON'T KNOW!

Let me in

Both of those levels are better the second time around, but that's only because you KNOW where the pitfalls are. The first time around these levels flow terribly.

Moving slow through Crisis City (M) leads to a more tolerable experience, but it's still one of the worst.

Kulock said:
No it doesn't. Star Over starts you over with a clean record. Unless it specifically doesn't work right on Modern Crisis City?
Hmm, no it wasn't just for Crisis City. I could have sworn I restarted a level once, made a perfect run and didn't give me a bonus. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. It does seem like an odd way to punish the player.

qq more

IceDoesntHelp said:
So much work. The worst level in the whole game, and that's followed up by Planet Wisp (classic sonic).
Stupid wisp power up made this more tedious then it had to be. I tried doing that puzzle with the three gears, and the last gear wouldn't turn the way I wanted it to. Was stuck on that part for 3 minutes, then I gave up. Maybe I'm just stupid, maybe I missed something. I DON'T KNOW!
On the bright side. Classic's version of Crisis City is pretty good. Very difficult but good. How was Planet Wisp (Modern) by the way?

qq more said:
On the bright side. Classic's version of Crisis City is pretty good. Very difficult but good. How was Planet Wisp (Modern) by the way?
Better then Classics imo. I still can't turn this damn GEAR!
I'll upload a screenshot in a bit.
EDIT: I finally got passed it. I have no idea what I did differently though.
DqOA3.jpg

The gear I'm on would never turn the right way, no matter the direction I went on it. I really have no clue what I did differently that made it suddenly turn.

dvolovets

Grisby said:
Question though: The cutscenes (360 ver) look pixelated and blurry as hell. Is that common?
I wasn't expecting this to be as bad as it is. Did these cutscenes really need to be compressed so much? Even the ones in Colors look better...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I liked both Crisis City levels. Maybe it's because I came off of this nonsense and felt both of them had better design than the original.

Classic's was really fun to go through outside a few nitpicky spots, and Modern's was exactly like how Crisis City should have been originally. It controls a ton better, and the way the level was designed made me feel like I was actually having fun with it. Neither are perfect, but I liked them quite a bit.

Actually going through Crisis City as Classic Sonic
with the Flame Shield
is so much fun. :)

IceDoesntHelp said:
Better then Classics imo. I still can't turn this damn GEAR!
I'll upload a screenshot in a bit.
EDIT: I finally got passed it. I have no idea what I did differently though.
http://i.imgur.com/DqOA3.jpg[IMG]
The gear I'm on would never turn the right way, no matter the direction I went on it. I really have no clue what I did differently that made it suddenly turn.[/QUOTE]
Regarding the gear, you're supposed to go on the gears which flip the two switches in order to create an arc that you can spindash to the next section. When you're on the gear, just press the direction that you're supposed to go in as indicated by the arrows.

I tried spindashing on the gears like I normally did with other ones in the level but it didn't work, so I did it the slow way.

If people haven't played Colours, I can assure you that Planet Wisp in Colours is definitely not as tedious as Generations' version.

Sciz

Crisis City dunked me in a seemingly endless amount of pits the first time through, which clocked in at over seven minutes.

Then I learned to never boost until the final quickstep section and now I'm approaching a two-thirty run.

Reminds me a lot of Red Mountain, really.

Resilient

RobbieNick said:
So, to those who own the collectors edition. A few questions...

Is this worth it? It's gonna cost me $120 and I already own the 360 version. It's the German
PS3 version cuz Amazon Germany ships internationally, but that means while I can change voices to English, text will probably be in German. Including Sonic's freinds advice.

Will the DVD documentary be in English or have English subtitles? Can I play it on my PS3 or PC?

I'm just wondering if it's worth it or should I bail before they charge me for the order tonight?

Get it. It's the best collectors edition I've bought since Halo Reach. You owe it to yourself as a Sonic fan to buy this. It's beautiful.

Is it weird that I like to turn off the music sometimes and just increase the atmosphere by having only sound effects going on? I dunno it makes me feel more immersed in the game lololol

Dark Schala said:
Regarding the gear, you're supposed to go on the gears which flip the two switches in order to create an arc that you can spindash to the next section. When you're on the gear, just press the direction that you're supposed to go in as indicated by the arrows.

I tried spindashing on the gears like I normally did with other ones in the level but it didn't work, so I did it the slow way.

If people haven't played Colours, I can assure you that Planet Wisp in Colours is definitely not as tedious as Generations' version.
I'm lost 'cause I'm pretty sure I did that...
except I didn't push the direction...maybe I did that by accident.

Aww yeah currently rank 130 in Green Hill Act 1! Thats the highest I'll ever get it to ;_;

Top Bottom