• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Generations |OT| What Sonic can learn from Sonic

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Since there's no way this will run well on my lappy I'm watching someone play through on YouTube.
Is it just me, or is the level design in Crisis City actually...not terrible? It looks like some of the best I've seen in the game so far.

qq more

The_Technomancer said:
Since there's no way this will run well on my lappy I'm watching someone play through on YouTube.
Is it just me, or is the level design in Crisis City actually...not terrible? It looks like some of the best I've seen in the game so far.
Which one? Classic or Modern?

The Technomancer

qq more said:
Which one? Classic or Modern?
Both actually. I mean, I watched Planet Wisp and I thought both classic and modern were crappily designed, then I went back to Crisis City and was like "...the shitty game gets the good levels, really?"

The Technomancer

Oh, and I love the attention to enemy design. City Escape has those dudes that look like they were designed in a 90s era CAD program, Rooftop Run has those blue dudes that look like up-side down Tachikomas, Planet Wisp has the orange sphere guys...

Although I did like how Colors brought back old badniks for no reason other then "hey, variety in enemy design is good, we finally learned that!"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sonic Generations. Pretty far along. My verdict: Pretty damn good. Especially the Classic Sonic levels are very well done, I've been most impressed!

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
Both actually. I mean, I watched Planet Wisp and I thought both classic and modern were crappily designed, then I went back to Crisis City and was like "...the shitty game gets the good levels, really?"
And the music for Crisis City classic is AMAZING. It has a special Sonic CD vibe to it.

And by the way, the Perfect Chaos boss sucked.

come at me bro's!

649366F312666977A79D09D06E0B0DB1C03F863B

pc version of course.

Teknoman

Green Shield powerup monitors need to be added to the game. I have no idea why they have invincibility, speed shoes, and everything else, but decided to make shields a skill.

Vargas

That one red ring that you have to use a ramp on top of a building in Modern City Escape was a bitch to get. I must have jumped over it or gone under it at least 10 times.

Zomba13

So... is there anything special I need to do to get online with this game or does it just crash on me because it feels like it?
I even enabled the tracking thing in the config and I still couldn't get online :(

Just finished it, loved it, but really wish it was longer. Like, really wish it was longer :(

Anyone else think that the final boss
looked like a gigantic, angry Drag Queen? LOL

arit said:
I'm feeling dumb at Final Battle boss
Time Eater
. I do not really get what to do, what the game wants me to do, it seems so random :/
I'm in a similar situation, but with the
Silver
boss fight. Can anyone give me a hand here? I seem to just be doing laps.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Crisis City was ace. Probably my fave level in the game. Rooftop Run was.. OK. Planet Wisp was gorgeous, and the Classic act was very good, but the modern act dragged on for too long and eventually just got tedious. Still a good level. Yeah, this is the best Sonic game since S3&K, I'd say.

Boss fight are the worst thing in the game and all the races/races dressed up as other things way to many

and not zooming out when they should

didamangi

Stephen Stills said:
I'm in a similar situation, but with the
Silver
boss fight. Can anyone give me a hand here? I seem to just be doing laps.

When Silver lifts up cars/debris jump and do a homing attack on the cars/debris and him

PataHikari said:
Where are the saves located on the PC version so I can let other people start new games without losing progress?

It's in Steam\userdata\10893006\71340\remote\sonic.sav

TEJ

I just beat the chemical plant zone with both sonics. when do I get to play all the extra missions for the levels?

Malajax

This game! Spent 20 min or so working on the last red ring in Sky Sanctuary. Tried staying on the upper path to get it, but failed. I gave up and headed to the goal, and to my surprise I wound up on a completely different path, and still got the red ring! The level design in this game is brilliant. So many paths for both Sonics.

Also, sitting at the Omochao stand listening to the music. I need this soundtrack!

Snaku

Banned
Damn this thread. I really don't have the money to spare for this, and looked everywhere for the PS3 version at redbox but couldn't find a copy. Turns out they're only carrying the 360 version right now.

Went ahead an bought the PC version for $25 off Amazon. DLing through Steam now. :(

Nabs

Snaku said:
Damn this thread. I really don't have the money to spare for this, and looked everywhere for the PS3 version at redbox but couldn't find a copy. Turns out they're only carrying the 360 version right now.

Went ahead an bought the PC version for $25 off Amazon. DLing through Steam now. :(

Don't worry, the PC version will put a smile on your face.

Snaku

Banned
Nabs said:
Don't worry, the PC version will put a smile on your face.

I hope so. My rig can play Gears of War, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Bioshock, etc. maxed out, so hopefully it can run this okay. I'm alternating between watching the Pokecapn Let's Play of Sonic 06 and episodes of Sonic SatAM while I wait.
VRFGI.gif

qq more

Just finished Planet Wisp for both Classic and Modern Sonics.

Modern Sonic's version was decent but wayyyy too long. Same to Classic's. They're not horrible levels... but it is still disappointing, especially since Planet Wisp came from a very good game.

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, I'd tolerate the length of the level if there were actually VARIATION with the wisp powers. Why is it that both Modern and Classic only gets one wisp power?

Dark Schala said:
Yeah. The ones that you can unlock and use in other levels are:
His World (original ver)
Wave Ocean ~ The Inlet (original ver)
Kingdom Valley (original ver)
That's awesome!! Those are exactly the tracks I wanted too, <3 Sonic Team

Diablohead said:
come at me bro's!

649366F312666977A79D09D06E0B0DB1C03F863B

pc version of course.

The best I've managed to get on the 360 version, a couple days ago:

GEek7.jpg

Granted, that was the only level I really sat down and tried to get a good time on.

I wonder how long it'll be before these leaderboards are full of 0:00:00 cheaters like in Sonic 4 and Sonic Adventure.

iavi

My brother and I probably spent a good hour and a half trying to beat each other's times on the Speed Highway Drift challenge. That was a lot of fun, and also showcased just how much Sonic R is in Modern Sonic's gameplay. I don't think it tracks the challenge times on live though :(

Sega1991 said:
I wonder how long it'll be before these leaderboards are full of 0:00:00 cheaters like in Sonic 4 and Sonic Adventure.
It will happen on pc for sure, most if not all pc games usually get edited :/

I just found out an amazing shortcut on the running down the building part of city escape, trims off 8 seconds or so.

07F6BEF4628E6D3046355E515287581D20A8AE74

Someone will beat it, but for now I am extremely pleased :D

RyType

I haven't unlocked all of the music yet but are there really no nods to any of the master system games? I have some rather fond memories of playing the original 8-bit Sonic 1 & 2, would have loved to have seen a remix of something like Bridge Zone... oh well.

Really love the game though, especially playing as Classic Sonic, probably the most fun I've had with a Sonic game in years. Just beaten the disappointing final boss- never had a problem with any of the later levels either- thought Crisis City Classic was good fun.

hlhbk

Sonic runs great for me on PC! I am getting 60 FPS and no slow down. The only gripe I have is what is with the developers of games having letter boxes on high resolutions? I am running at 1920x1200, and there are black bars on the top and bottom of the game. If you are not going to make the game fill the screen why even offer that resolution?

Christopher

I know what some luck that I'll make it through got no other options only one thing to do! Fuckign awesome game. *still hates modern gameplay wishes it was Sonic Adventure 1/2ish.

bbdude

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but it looks like the PC version has DLC support...

xlibrd.jpg

Sorry if old.

Also, there should really be an option to disable motion blur and DoF. I feel like I'm so damn close to getting playable performance on my laptop with Intel GMA, but things like blur and DoF are holding it back. SO CLOSE. :( (Good thing I have an actual gaming PC as well)

Firestorm

I played Metal Sonic last night and realized that Omochao needs to be off. Why the hell does he tell you exactly what to do even before you get hurt?

Berordn

Seems like they designed him with the Super Guide mentality - if we can show you how to do it, we can make it harder.

They just forgot to make it harder.

ShadiWulf

Firestorm said:
I played Metal Sonic last night and realized that Omochao needs to be off. Why the hell does he tell you exactly what to do even before you get hurt?
That's what Omochao has always done I thought? I turned him/her off before even starting the game.

all bosses are simple and easy so far, I only died on perfect chaos because sonic boosted at a wrong angle, hit a wall, fell in, drowned :/ chaos himself was no threat.

Seik

Banned
Just finished the game on PC, god it was good too, I'm hungry for DLC now! :D

Dat final boss battle...I'm part of the few that were actually surprised to see Robotnik popping up.
That game is just great.

Top Bottom