• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a particular fan of Animal Crossing, but I won't hate on people who like it.

Also

tumblr_mmq876tDJ91rlmkzto1_1280.jpg

I'm inclined to agree with Beef. I already have bills, responsibilities and other shit to take care of IRL. Last thing I want to do is play a game with all of that.

qq more

Robotnik gotta catch em all.

Also I feel stupid for constantly selling these crystals in PSO2 without realizing they're Photon Drops... WELP

Kokonoe

Banned
If anyone's curious, I purchased that Intec Gamecube monitor and it should arrive in a few days and I can post impressions. What's interesting about it is that it's a monitor, thus meaning higher quality than a TV. (that and it's smaller)

I also found out you can use it to play any composite cable console, which is pretty neat. I can just set it on my desk for N64 and GC games.

qq more

If anyone's curious, I purchased that Intec Gamecube monitor and it should arrive in a few days and I can post impressions. What's interesting about it is that it's a monitor, thus meaning higher quality than a TV. (that and it's smaller)

I also found out you can use it to play any composite cable console, which is pretty neat. I can just set it on my desk for N64 and GC games.
I'm very interested in the impressions. I'd love to make my consoles somewhat portable.

LOL

Animal Crossing is one of the worst franchises in gaming

Chores: The "Game"

So much Animal Crossing hate in this thread.

Noi

Junk Food:

Kirby Super Star - Game that I know like the back of my hand, etc etc. Still a joy to play no matter how many times I go through the whole thing.

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - One of my favorite arcade-style console games for sure. It's short "length" guarantees that I can blow through the whole thing in a day, while it's still packed with content and alternate paths mean I can go for a different route every time. Plus kickass music.

Devil May Cry 3 - NOW YOU'VE REALLY CROSSED THE LINE
YOUR HATE FOR ME IS DIVINE
MY LOVE YEARNS FOR YOUR SUFFER
ON YOUR GRAVE LURKS MY PROSPER

Mega Man X/Mega Man 1 - Polar opposites in difficulty really, but I love 'em both to death. It's Mega Man, do I need to say more.

Prime Rib Dinner with the best side dish:

Brave Fencer Musashi - GOTY every year since release. Best music, best game, best everything. Every year that the PS1 classic isn't on NA PSN is a year that my disdain for SE goes up.

Can't believe I didn't mention Super Star...or freaking DKC2 for that matter...both of those games are incredibly relaxing for me, especially Super Star...that game is so fun and relaxing. The charming music doesn't hurt either...

Green Greens

Junk Food:

Kirby Super Star - Game that I know like the back of my hand, etc etc. Still a joy to play no matter how many times I go through the whole thing.

How the hell did I forget this? Best couch co-op ever. I can fire this up anytime with one of my buddies and we'll have a total blast.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I knew that I'd get awesome answers out of this thread! I was thinking of making a thread for it, but I didn't think I'd get the type of answers I'd wanted (ie: it'd eventually turn into a list thread). Thank you so much, everyone. I mean that. I appreciate your effort a lot!

And I'm not much of an Animal Crossing fan, myself. I played the first one and that was enough for me.

Devil May Cry 3 - NOW YOU'VE REALLY CROSSED THE LINE
YOUR HATE FOR ME IS DIVINE
MY LOVE YEARNS FOR YOUR SUFFER
ON YOUR GRAVE LURKS MY PROSPER
And it feels so damn good to slash shit up so elegantly while listening to this. Hahahaha!

...No-one said Tetris? Well shit.
I was thinking of putting Tetris Battle Gaiden or Tetris DS for mine, but then I realized how much time I put into Columns/Super Columns over the years on both the Genesis and the Game Gear, so I came at a crossroads here.

But definitely Columns/Tetris would be really good picks too.

Heck, Panel de Pon too.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. The Gamecube version, with the Bongos. I always come away from that game with a smile on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQJFFauAv0

It's not quite a rhythm game, but it is a music game. And it's REALLY intense. I love how the music subtly changes when you do things - the little note progression when you jump, the fact that when you start doing well you get a chorus cheering you on to keep your combo going, it's just... I am in love with every aspect of this game. I always come away from it feeling pumped up and happy.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Jungle Beat was the game that made Nintendo go, "Yeah... motion control!" The team that did Jungle Beat went on to do Super Mario Galaxy, and Galaxy actually has a few unused assets leftover from DKJB in the game. Nintendo also made a Wii version of DKJB with waggle instead of bongos - always been meaning to try it, but never could bring myself to, because it looks like they also tried to turn it in to a normal platformer. (Wii version vs. Gamecube version)

It's just not Jungle Beat unless your palms sting.
I like this answer a lot, just because it seems like you release a lot of tension both mentally and physically with the added effect of the bongos. It's like your channeling your stress or your anger or your upset into something neat and productive.

I wish there were more tactile games like this given this answer now.

And damn you Capcom @ Ace Attorney 5 being digital only in the west!
What the fuck?

Oh, fuck you, Capcom. That means I'm not getting AA5, then. I'd really wanted it, too. I really don't want to buy digital games for the 3DS at all anymore. Not until there's a dang account system or when Nintendo learns how online services are supposed to work.

It's just like how it's weird that there's no online for NSMBU or Nintendo Land, which is complete bs to me. I'm old. My friends are spread around the world now, and I've come to make friends online with whom I'd love to play a game one day. It's not like I can invite them over to my place to come play a round of NSMBU or something any time I want. Ridiculous.

Think, Nintendo. For the love of pizza, think!

Aren't 3DS region-locked? Hope you have a Jap 3DS

region-locked handhelds, lol
I look at some of my Japanese GB/GBC and GBA games and just shake my head. Like, Nintendo had this philosophy with the Game Boy where you could go into any country with your Game Boy and buy a game from that country because of the GB's portability.

Considering that globalization is more of a thing now than it was in the 1990s, I really have to question what their moti... I know it's basically coming down to their bottom line and their tracking for purchasing habits per region. But lordy, I feel like they've taken a huge step back.

qq more

You know, skipping AA5 is only going to convince Capcom to stop localizing the games. Bad enough we didn't even get AAI2... But I'm more willing to blame Nintendo's stupid e-shop system.

Noi

You know, skipping AA5 is only going to convince Capcom to stop localizing the games. Bad enough we didn't even get AAI2... But I'm more willing to blame Nintendo's stupid e-shop system.

I don't owe Capcom my money. I'd like to think that the suits at Capcom are able to discern reasons why the game doesn't sell, but then again, this is the same Capcom that said the game that had it's sales expectations harshly cut 3 times has solid sales.

Noi

Why aren't they releasing it as physical? So dumbbbb

Capcom. They're willing to release an expansion to game with no fanfare behind it as a physical game, try to pass off a 3DS up-port as a new major game for them, and throw their older games under a bus to try to make the latest one look more appealing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Why would I owe Capcom anything for their stupid business decisions? Video games are not a charity. I shouldn't feel obligated to buy something because I'm hoping that the next game will come out here. Is the marketing there? Is the consumer base large enough for the game to be profitable enough on that digital platform? Will they expect the first party to assist in making it known that the game exists on that digital platform? I think Capcom thinks releasing AA digitally would save them money (no overshipping, no cost to print the game and release it physically), and it would spare them a gamble in terms of losing money on the product, but considering the nature of the Nintendo's eShop service, well...

Like tigger and JC said, Nintendo's asinine and backwards digital purchasing systems/lack of a decent account system are the major deterrent here. I wouldn't have much of an issue with buying it digitally if the game weren't locked to the console.

I'm probably going to just get it anyway, Stockholm's Syndrome and all that, I guess :/

(But yeah, FUCK Nintendo and their backwards digital storefront.)

BlackJace

What's funny is that Nintendo administrators have unified accounts. I'm sure they'll introduce it one day, but it just boggles the mind that they didn't do so earlier.

It's not even Nintendo's questionable online policies for me, I just don't like paying full retail price for digital games. I'd be exactly the same if it was a Vita game. It may as well not be localised at all for all it's worth to me as a digital-only release.

Listening to Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul to ease the pain.

BlackJace

It's not even Nintendo's questionable online policies for me, I just don't like paying full retail price for digital games. I'd be exactly the same if it was a Vita game. It may as well not be localised at all for all it's worth to me as a digital-only release.

Listening to Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul to ease the pain.

I don't think that's a very good way of going about it. Not buying the game in order to prove the point against a company as backwards as Capcom would send the message that NA and the the world outside of Japan doesn't care about the series anymore. It's a sucky situation, but hey.

And in regards to the pricing, Sven dropped a hint about special pricing, so maybe it being a digital release significantly lowers the MSRP.

And in regards to the pricing, Sven dropped a hint about special pricing, so maybe it being a digital release significantly lowers the MSRP.

When Code of Princess had its digital only release here in Australia it was $50 which, while a good bit below the $69.95 RRP of 3DS games, wasn't that much cheaper than what stores usually have games for in the first week.

Even if AA5 hits that kind of price point, it's more than I want to pay for a digital game. If they hit, like, $30 I'd be okay with the whole thing,, but there's no way they're going to be anywhere near that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom