• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know, after a while with it, while I loooooove the extras in Sonic 1 Android/iOS, I... think I'm going to start echoing Seven Force and qq more's desire for a port of this version to a system with actual buttons. I don't like how imprecise the touch controls can be, myself. Going on and thinking about Sonic 2 Android/iOS, I feel like I want that on a system with buttons for the sake of speedrunning it.

But man, everything else is great.

That's an interesting boxart.
It's... er... Colouring/Colour-changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love. I haven't started it yet because I'm waiting for my copy of Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland to get here.

Shiiiiiiit, I forgot that they did a Tingle sequel. So bizarre. Personally, I'd love to get my hands on that Tingle's Balloon Fight game.

edit: oh god, now I'm staring at ebay pages. £16? Actually, that's not too bad... no, don't use ebay damn it D:

Also, I'm jamming the fuck out to this Chemical Plant mix.

You know, after a while with it, while I loooooove the extras in Sonic 1 Android/iOS, I... think I'm going to start echoing Seven Force and qq more's desire for a port of this version to a system with actual buttons. I don't like how imprecise the touch controls can be, myself. Going on and thinking about Sonic 2 Android/iOS, I feel like I want that on a system with buttons for the sake of speedrunning it.

But man, everything else is great.
There are Android apps that let you use a Wiimote over Bluetooth to control it. I tried it, it works.

Dunno about iOS though

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There are Android apps that let you use a Wiimote over Bluetooth to control it. I tried it, it works.
Whoa, no one told me about this! Gonna look for that, then. Should make my experience better. Thanks.

Shiiiiiiit, I forgot that they did a Tingle sequel. So bizarre. Personally, I'd love to get my hands on that Tingle's Balloon Fight game.

edit: oh god, now I'm staring at ebay pages. £16? Actually, that's not too bad... no, don't use ebay damn it D:
I have only played that game once when I borrowed it from someone in uni. It's pretty much the same thing as the original NES Balloon Fight, but with a Tingle + updated graphics reskin. You can listen to the original or arranged music. You can also have up to 4P-multiplayer, and some other stuff. I think there's an art gallery in there somewhere.

So if you like Balloon Fight and want it on your DS, you can get it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
SonicGAF, let's have some fun during tomorrow's XBox Reveal livestream:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IEfI6Zvt91kWhzj-87a3aJknLmiffNJceFkVsGSdRUc/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to tell me things to add to the list
Oh yes, I'm definitely going to try to be around for that!

Hmmm... looking at the list now... Call of Duty Ghosts Timed Exclusive DLC should be an addendum to that Call of Duty bit. Also needs an awkward dance segment bit, but that might fall under "celebrities who have nothing to do with gaming". Same with athletes prancing about doing nothing cool with Kinect. Shilling for Bing. FABLE.

Wonder if there is going to be a shoulder-tap moment.

I think you've got most of it covered, haha.

Pietepiet

There'll be a more general one for all E3 Press Conferences too during E3 week. We did it last year with some friends and it was quite a success haha

Dunno about iOS though

A lot of those apps are really finnicky about comaptibility with certain phones/tablets/etc. The Wiimote apps I found didn't work with my phone at all, and looking at the compatibility lists for those programs, it appears I'm pretty much out of luck if I ever want to play these ports with a controller.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But Maroon 5 is effing terrible. I can't stand that guy's vocal quality. It's irritating for me because I just can't stand his vocal colour. I don't like the songs in general; the lyrics are baaaad. :/

I still don't know what the fuck this shit is. It's awful. It's like... auuuuuuuugh, why is this even a thing and who greenlit this? I imagine that my former vocal coach would've died inside upon hearing that.

I'll be here listening to my T-Square, Jamiroquai, and Daft Punk, thaaaaanks. I'm not super-picky abut the genres I listen to, but I do have a threshold here! Fffff, too bad the new QotSA album isn't out until June 4th; I've been digging Kalopsia quite a bit and I wonder how the whole thing's going to compare to Era Vulgaris.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I posted quite a bit of it, though. T-Square's jazz fusion, and Jamiroquai cranks out jazz funk, jazz rock, and acid jazz (and I loooove me some jazz funk and acid jazz).

But if you wanted...

Incognito - The Less You Know (jazz funk)
Marcus Johnson - Another Planet (smooth jazz)
Ronnie Cuber - Love Notes (lovely baritone sax, Jazz Funk + Fusion)
Jamiroquai - Tallulah (acid jazz - instrumental)

I feel like they've put most of that new QOTSA album up on YouTube already, the amount of videos they've been doing.
The samples, you mean? For some reason, it feels very Radiohead-esque to me. Especially stuff like I Appear Missing, which is going up against Kalopsia and My God is the Sun for my favourite so far. And I mean OK Computer Radiohead. So I'm very much looking forward to the full product.

God, OK Computer was such a good album, good lord.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fireworks were awesome today. But it got windy as we were walking back to the car, so... yup, it's raining hard now. Phew! Glad we got home before that.

I figured it was going to storm later today (I mean now) because it's pouring out there! Dang, that thunder sounds loooouuuud.

Awwwww yeah
I do like Moves Like Jagger though, sorry :c
Eh, I don't mind that you like it. I just don't like it at all, myself! I just can't stand that dude's voice at all. But darn, you picked some gooooood tuuuuunes.

I like me a bit of funk and jazz, as well as video game music, so naturally I have all of The OneUps' albums. I especially like Volume 2, the SMK album, and their second Intergalactic album.
Oh man, their jazz cover of Chrono Trigger was the best. It really measures up to the version of Chrono Trigger on the Chrono Trigger jazz album The Brink of Time. That Shadow Man jazz mix that they've got on Volume 2 is good, too; as is the Mystic Cave Zone jazz mix. Yesssssss.

Mother of God, this is one of the best things I've heard today. Yep. <3

Hey! Talk about a small world. I went to the University of Toronto for my undergrad, so I saw these guys at some small places before. Didn't get to see their Massey Hall show. They're pretty good live!

Incognito yesssssss
I knew you would be able to identify jazz players better than I could!

Lately I've been listening to Ed Harrison's Neotokyo OST.

Link

What sucks is even though it's the official soundtrack of a Half-Life mod, the music doesn't get used much because of the nature of the game itself. Still, one of the best electronic albums I've ever heard. You all should check out the whole thing, it's two discs.

I've actually spent a good amount of time yesterday reading this ranking of 100 NES songs some site did some time ago:

http://bestnestracks.captaintortilla.com/results/

It's not just a list with subjective reasoning for the rankings like "I like this track because it sounds awesome" but the review for each track actually goes a bit into detail about what makes that particular track unique, be it the chord progression, clever use of limited sound channels, or even somewhat unusual time signatures. I really enjoyed reading through it, and I learned a lot from it. (I also have a bigger appreciation of quite a few soundtracks, particularly Castlevania III/Akumajou Densetsu, a soundtrack I already thought was great, but some of the stuff I learned about the compositions seriously impressed me.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Lately I've been listening to Ed Harrison's Neotokyo OST.

Link

What sucks is even though it's the official soundtrack of a Half-Life mod, the music doesn't get used much because of the nature of the game itself. Still, one of the best electronic albums I've ever heard. You all should check out the whole thing, it's two discs.
I'll give this a listen while I read tonight, if you don't mind! Really digging Scrap IO, Beacon, and Departure so far.

I've actually spent a good amount of time yesterday reading this ranking of 100 NES songs some site did some time ago:

It's not just a list with subjective reasoning for the rankings like "I like this track because it sounds awesome" but the review for each track actually goes a bit into detail about what makes that particular track unique, be it the chord progression, clever use of limited sound channels, or even somewhat unusual time signatures. I really enjoyed reading through it, and I learned a lot from it. (I also have a bigger appreciation of quite a few soundtracks, particularly Castlevania III/Akumajou Densetsu, a soundtrack I already thought was great, but some of the stuff I learned about the compositions seriously impressed me.)
Now this is what I'd like to see on GAF more often. Lots of this is fantastic. Thanks for the link. I appreciate some of this, just because sometimes I have issues describing some of the channel usage even though I can identify the genre well enough.

This should kinda help.

Sciz

Too much friggin' MM3 and there's a mystifying lack of certain several games, but I do like the detailed analysis. Sound programmers pulled off some absolutely bananas stuff at the time.

TheOGB

Banned
tumblr_mn4mz7uAzz1r98fdvo1_500.png
um

TheOGB

Banned
just be happy it only happens once every 30-40 pages or something

speaking of which, we're only a few posts away from not having to see it again :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom