• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

sure

also i might just go with the default names since i dont think anyone actually wants to be in this mess of a game lol

EDIT: i lied, i gave everyone stupid names

oh interesting, a battle right off the bat!

OH GOD

Tizoc

We're Sonic fans. We're naturally cynical and critical after years of abuse.

Silly Americanos, and even if you're not American I'd lump ya as a silly American.
Half a dozen mediocre games never mellowed me towards the series, same how I disregard half a dozen KoF games and focus mainly on the good ones, which just so happen to be the other half a dozen, which in turn is about as much as the good Sonic games one could play.

sure

also i might just go with the default names since i dont think anyone actually wants to be in this mess of a game lol

EDIT: i lied, i gave everyone stupid names

oh interesting, a battle right off the bat!

OH GOD

It begins...

And only gets worse from there.

qq more

This game is weird. There's no actual exp system? I like how the 3rd guy is the one constantly boosting his max HP meanwhile he and the girl are useless. "INEFFECTIVE" "MISS". STOP THAT!

No exp, you level your attack by hitting things, you level your spells by spamming them, your raise your HP by getting hit...etc...etc...it sounds fun in theory but the execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

qq more

No exp, you level your attack by hitting things, you level your spells by spamming them, your raise your HP by getting hit...etc...etc...it sounds fun in theory but the execution leaves MUCH to be desired.

Interesting concept at least.

Wait... is this the game where if you reach a certain point with one of the stats, they start to downgrade? I remember hearing a FF game does that.

Interesting concept at least.

Wait... is this the game where if you reach a certain point with one of the stats, they start to downgrade? I remember hearing a FF game does that.

I believe so but don't quote me on that. I just played it and beat it so I can say I did.

Shame that Luigi one isn't green and just looks plain UGLY.

On a separate note, trying to play Sonic 3 Complete with the Microsoft D-pad is the most frustrating thing since I tried to play Mario 64 on the OG Phat Nintendo DS...never again.

CorvoSol

Just thought I'd share that the other day Sonic 2K6 literally drove my brother and I to the brink of insanity. As in, we'd just finished some awful level, like the first Ibliss fight or whatever, and had control of Tails and were just lobbing rings until we laughed so long, loud, and hard we could not stop and felt like puking. This went on for like, ten minutes. Just utter insanity. Everything was sort of a blur, except the burning pain inside me.

Anyway, we just cleared the Castle level, and while at first it wasn't so bad, I have to say that 1) Silver's controls are a nightmare, 2) Levels go on way the hell too long, and 3) Putting a running section at the end of a level after I've had to make my way through all that other shizz is just plain WRONG.

Ironically, playing this game is making me really want to play Sonic again: namely Sonic Generations (I really enjoyed the City Escape level as Classic Sonic), but I don't own said game.

qq more

On a separate note, trying to play Sonic 3 Complete with the Microsoft D-pad is the most frustrating thing since I tried to play Mario 64 on the OG Phat Nintendo DS...never again.
I was very disappointed that it wasn't an actual Green 3DSXL when I first saw it. It looks alright but... not what I want.

Could always buy the Genesis controller adapter! It's cheap and real good!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080RAT42/?tag=neogaf0e-20

EDIT: HOLY shit, you can use this adapter on the ps3

Just thought I'd share that the other day Sonic 2K6 literally drove my brother and I to the brink of insanity. As in, we'd just finished some awful level, like the first Ibliss fight or whatever, and had control of Tails and were just lobbing rings until we laughed so long, loud, and hard we could not stop and felt like puking. This went on for like, ten minutes. Just utter insanity. Everything was sort of a blur, except the burning pain inside me.

Anyway, we just cleared the Castle level, and while at first it wasn't so bad, I have to say that 1) Silver's controls are a nightmare, 2) Levels go on way the hell too long, and 3) Putting a running section at the end of a level after I've had to make my way through all that other shizz is just plain WRONG.

Ironically, playing this game is making me really want to play Sonic again: namely Sonic Generations (I really enjoyed the City Escape level as Classic Sonic), but I don't own said game.

If you have a good PC, you should get Generations for that!

PKrockin

How far are you? It gets worse with shadow and silver's levels. As in, way, way more boring. Anyway, yeah, I know how it feels to lose your sanity playing that game. About a year ago I suffered through it with my sister watching and laughing at my misery. But forget 06, Secret Rings is the true low point of the series. Pick it up and take turns. Whoever's playing will cry tears of anger and frustration, and whoever's watching will cry tears of laughter at them. Seriously, I fucking hate Secret Rings.

I got used to using the stick because the D-pad is just so bad.

I like these posts.
sIwySDc.gif

An Al Snow jab? CBOAT can only be Mick Foley!

CorvoSol

How far are you? It gets worse with shadow and silver's levels. As in, way, way more boring. Anyway, yeah, I know how it feels to lose your sanity playing that game. About a year ago I suffered through it with my sister watching and laughing at my misery. But forget 06, Secret Rings is the true low point of the series. Pick it up and take turns. Whoever's playing will cry tears of anger and frustration, and whoever's watching will cry tears of laughter at them. Seriously, I fucking hate Secret Rings.

We have to finish the Underwater Base, then I believe we'll be done with Sonic mode. Silver is gonna be terrible, but I expect Shadow mode to be at least fun to make fun of.

qq more

Conference wasn't too bad like the last 2 years. But it was pretty boring most of the times.

Dead Rising 3 looks pretty interesting
Nice to see footage of MGSV
Killer Instinct is a nice announcement too
Oh and streaming games via Twitch is awesome I have to say.

But with the expensive price tag + DRM thing + still paying to play online... I'm still not getting the system unfortunately. I cannot support DRM because of how anti consumer it is.

Tizoc

Dunno about you guys, but I'm just gonna wait for the remodled PS4 in like 2-3 years from now.
Wonder how long it'll be before Capcpom do their 180 and put DR3 on PS4.

Tizoc

you guys

i still can't type words

omg

Go to bed and sleep for like 8+ hours.
I missed the actual announcement of FF15 and KH3, and I am hardly mind blown or rattled.
Though I am ticked off at some games being announced for PS4, even though they would run fine on a PS3.

Now that I have calmed down a bit
still not enough
I really want to hear more details about XV at SE's thing tomorrow morning.

Jesus christ though, I haven't been this happy from gaming related news in ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom