• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

I figured out why Chapter 7 is Schala's favorite part!

Snow and Hope fall off a building. At least that's my favorite part of the game so far.

tumblr_mit5ltyhNJ1rxe7kyo1_1280.jpg

I had never considered this, but if Solaris never existed for him to blow up the Duke's experiment so profoundly, then the Duke probably never died.

Also why is the Kingdom of Soleanna run by a Duke whose daughter is a Princess? Hi, I'm Sonic Team, how do I royalty hierarchy

TheOGB

Banned
I had never considered this, but if Solaris never existed for him to blow up the Duke's experiment so profoundly, then the Duke probably never died.

Also why is the Kingdom of Soleanna run by a Duke whose daughter is a Princess? Hi, I'm Sonic Team, how do I royalty hierarchy
I'm guessing the first 191 were also from Sonic 06

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is now currently my GOTY.

That final boss was sooooooooo fucking good. Oh man. My mind's still kinda blown at the moment so I sound stupid.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGG

It's been a while since I was grinning like a fucking moron while playing through a final boss fight. Shit. That was some good shit. Amazing. Everything about that final boss worked.

People who say the soundtrack is bad are weird~

Sequel, plz.

And remember, this was basically Platinum Games saving a failed project, with all the main development done in UNDER A YEAR.

PS4 sequel, proper dev time, FOX Engine, 60fps

ibbywgZz4jOhHx.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That shit is going to be so amazing if they let Platinum take a crack at another Rising game next gen.

Aw, I just realized that I said I was going to play DmC after this.

Blah.

Emitan

That shit is going to be so amazing if they let Platinum take a crack at another Rising game next gen.

Aw, I just realized that I said I was going to play DmC after this.

Blah.

I'm playing FFXIII right now. Think about how good anything will look after this!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Welp.

Do not play DmC after you finish Metal Gear Rising off. The difference is night and day and oh man, I miss Rising already.

All these comments about how awesome Rising is have my interest kinda piqued, but I'm surprisingly revulsed by all the violence. Surprising, that is, when you consider how much I play Doom and such, which is itself hyperviolent, and therefore you'd think I'd be desensitized to this kind of thing.

I know the Japanese version changes all the blood to... like, oil or water or something. I'm not sure it helps.

Should try the demo out at some point and see for myself, really.

Emitan

All these comments about how awesome Rising is have my interest kinda piqued, but I'm surprisingly revulsed by all the violence. Surprising, that is, when you consider how much I play Doom and such, which is itself hyperviolent, and therefore you'd think I'd be desensitized to this kind of thing.

I know the Japanese version changes all the blood to... like, oil or water or something. I'm not sure it helps.

maybe i should import it...

I don't think i've even played any games from this year yet...
Oh hang on that's a lie, I played the other Platinum game, what a mess.

that satisfying moment when...

you realize you never actually played Sonic 2006 and was spared it's wretchedness

I'm nodding in agreement with this.

Oh hang on that's a lie, I played the other Platinum game, what a mess.

Eh, I enjoyed Anarchy Reigns well enough. For the ~$25 I paid for it day one I feel I got my money's worth out of the campaign and playing survival. It's not amazing but it plays well enough and the soundtrack is amazing.

If it was released full price then sure I'd probably be more critical but I got enough fun out of it at the entry price.

Anarchy Reigns online absolutely bungled on me.
The game had so many different multiplayer modes fracturing the players out further that the smaller player base in Europe's matchmaking took forever to actually get any matches going unless you wanted like a one on one match, then I tried getting something going with my friends and it either wouldn't connect or we had to make do with filling the gaps with bots.
I'm not that patient of a man when it comes to online, the game plays okay but after playing around with it for a few days it didn't have much to offer, I don't tend to complain much because it was £17 but I can't help but feel how it implemented its online was a mess for numerous reasons.

Yeah, if you were putting any kind of focus on the online at large I can understand it being frustrating given the multiplayer was supposed to be the focal point of the game. But like I said I just kept with the campaign and only went online for survival with friends (otherwise just playing stuff in the simulator, which was a more than welcome addition in this no-bots era) and had a good time.

Survival was the best thing I got out of online in the end, I never actually finished the single player, it just didn't have enough going to grab me.
Regarding the games main multiplayer battle royale mode, they really shouldn't have demanded the full player number for a match to actually start, I remember waiting for 15 futile minutes as the last two gaps never got filled and this was back around launch time of all things.

Actually i'll also agree with the fact that the simulator existing was a nice thing to see in this day and age.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I always felt as though Anarchy Reigns was a game that wasn't for me. If there's a demo or anything, I might try it out.

Well, for one thing, you probably should try the demo to see if it's to your taste.

And the next thing is that I can totally see this as being a roadblock. I don't think it's as graphic as, say, Tomb Raider's death scenes. For the most part, I don't feel like it's that bad, but at the same time I realize I'm tearing apart machines (well, half-machines). If you feel like the JP version is for you, you could probably import it when it goes on the cheap.

It's not over until you get 'dem S ranks.
I need to finish other games first~ Then I'll come back to it.

I started DmC last night and couldn't take how unsophisticated the combat was (I was getting As and Ses without even trying, which I found incredibly questionable). And Dante was so slow. And I had to actually tap square to keep shooting as opposed to holding down square like before.

That game was weird and I felt like the game was yelling at me half the time (the music). Also the loading screen sucks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think it was created to say that anything below a C grade was a failure (so essentially, it's rank inflation). Reading some Japanese sources, it looks like S means Special or Superior. I do think some universities are rated from S to F but don't take my word for it.

Noi

Finally got enough cash to buy Fire Emblem, only for GS to run out of stock. There are no copies of the game in all PR.

Unfuckin' believable. You'd think the shipping issues would be finished by now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finally got enough cash to buy Fire Emblem, only for GS to run out of stock. There are no copies of the game in all PR.

Unfuckin' believable. You'd think the shipping issues would be finished by now.
Nintendo doesn't care. :/

I'm surprised they didn't seem to do a second print-run. I guess considering the sales of Shadow Dragon they didn't think that this game deserved a larger print-run. I can't really blame them, but you know... supply and demand is a thing.

Edit: What do you think of the Black Flag previews? I still can't find myself caring. It seems to fit along the lines of Liberation, but meh.

And I knew Blaze couldn't resist writing that article. :v

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So. Like. I'm almost finished Rising. It's been a fuck-awesome ride so far. Let's see if it holds up!

Hold up; I thought you were kinda enjoying it. Did the ending just ruin the entire game for you, or what?

Very vague AC3 ending spoilers
Because while I didn't like the game overall, the ending was just an extra kick to the back because it was so fucking stupid.

Just saw it. Perhaps it's my cynicism talking, but I don't really care for CG trailers anymore. Yeah, that one had great scene direction and dialogue narration, but it isn't necessarily representative of the overall product and thus I cannot bring myself to get excited for it.

Not after 3.

Also, kayos... I assume you saw this thread. I am not taking my (there is spoiler text in these links; I do preface the spoiler text with where it takes place as usual) complaints in the OT back. It is a terribly constructed game by people who have no concept of pacing, proper game design, proper cues, and proper and cohesive writing. Outside of Haytham, the ship battles, and tree jumping, I cannot find many things redeemable about the game at all. The Desmond sections were completely wasted. And I still think Connor is a terrible protag.

What a disaster.

Give it a year off and put Watch_Dogs out.

Also, lol:

I actually never read that thread. LOL at the post though.

I am skeptical of AC4 just as you. I'm still wowed by trailers whether it be CG or not because I enjoy what direction they take. I thought the AC4 trailer wowed me not because of the gameplay premise or whatnot. It's an interesting trailer in general. Whether AC4 will be shit or not is when I play it and review it.

kayos90

Nintendo doesn't care. :/

I'm surprised they didn't seem to do a second print-run. I guess considering the sales of Shadow Dragon they didn't think that this game deserved a larger print-run. I can't really blame them, but you know... supply and demand is a thing.

Edit: What do you think of the Black Flag previews? I still can't find myself caring. It seems to fit along the lines of Liberation, but meh.

And I knew Blaze couldn't resist writing that article. :v

I think this game is trying to be really ambitious in terms of gameplay. I feel like with the exception of Revelations, every AC tries to add a lot of new stuff or change things. It's nice considering many sequels aren't so ambitious. Still, I would say that even what AC does isn't really that ambitious. It only seems so in comparison to other sequels out there.

My thoughts on AC4 is heavily dependent on AC3. I remember reading articles about AC3 and it sounded great and ambitious. However, we all know how that ended up. I'm wary of how AC4 will turn out but I think the premise is extremely intriguing even with the recent interest of pirates in the past decade. We'll see how it turns out. I'm hopeful but honestly as long as it's better than AC3, I don't really care.

That explains the "FFXIII-2 is the new CT" comments I see around GAF sometimes, and then do a triple take

I can see how someone says this. Both have temporal narrative premises. However while the former is completely convoluted and has no regard for rules about time the latter does. For the most part. LOL.

I figured out why Chapter 7 is Schala's favorite part!

Snow and Hope fall off a building. At least that's my favorite part of the game so far.

It's a pretty good chapter even though it has some... lulz.

Welp.

Do not play DmC after you finish Metal Gear Rising off. The difference is night and day and oh man, I miss Rising already.

DmC and Rising are action games but they play and feel very different. DmC is more about combo and flashy moves chained up together. Rising is more concerned with precise attacks and trying to keep the flow of battle on your terms with parry and dodge. It's very different. Having said this I think Rising is the better package. It has better bosses, better enemy design, better music, and better cohesion. Everything fits extremely well and works together while some elements of DmC dont' really work well together.

kayos90

I still think that Watch Dogs is a result of Ubisoft wanting to make a modern day Assassin's Creed. I think they realized the limitations of gameplay when trying to make a modern day AC. It's not like they could create an AC game in present time with the way AC currently plays. AC is all about swords, projectiles, platforming, etc. I dont' think these elements are prominent or would be prominent in a modern day setting. As a result they decided to make a new IP altogether and it's coming along nicely. Just my thought.

I still think that Watch Dogs is a result of Ubisoft wanting to make a modern day Assassin's Creed. I think they realized the limitations of gameplay when trying to make a modern day AC. It's not like they could create an AC game in present time with the way AC currently plays. AC is all about swords, projectiles, platforming, etc. I dont' think these elements are prominent or would be prominent in a modern day setting. As a result they decided to make a new IP altogether and it's coming along nicely. Just my thought.

Hopefully it's potential doesn't get squandered in the same way AC's did. It seems really promising so far.

kayos90

Hopefully it's potential doesn't get squandered in the same way AC's did. It seems really promising so far.

I think while the premise for the narrative and gameplay isn't the same Watch Dogs will be inadvertently competing against GTA5. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom