• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I get it.

The woman represents time, and the sheet is death.

Time has been killed. It symbolized the 36 seconds I will never get back from that.

Masterful.

Emitan

Fuck Capcpom, man. First Power Stone, then Breath of Fire, then my wife's aarrrrrrmmmmmm!!!, then Onimusha, then Mega Man, and now Devil May Cry?

Nah. I can't live in this world.

I hope you bought the PSP collection!

Okay Assassin's Creed 3 is boring. I made it like 2 hours in and don't want to play anymore.

Given how Capcom has been to everything that isn't a fighter these days, I almost consider Breath of Fire being dead a blessing in disguise. Dragon Quarter wasn't my cup of tea, but I appreciate that it tried to at least be different.

Why the fuck a BoF character hasn't popped up in a Vs. game is beyond me, though.

qq more

Given how Capcom has been to everything that isn't a fighter these days, I almost consider Breath of Fire being dead a blessing in disguise. Dragon Quarter wasn't my cup of tea, but I appreciate that it tried to at least be different.

Why the fuck a BoF character hasn't popped up in a Vs. game is beyond me, though.

And no Power Stone characters either

wtf

So this mission has me riding on a carriage as I press L2 to order my guys to attack enemies. ENGAGING

ENGAGE THE ENEMY

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hope you bought the PSP collection!

Okay Assassin's Creed 3 is boring. I made it like 2 hours in and don't want to play anymore.
What sequence did you get to?

I totally picked up the Power Stone Collection on Boxing Day, so I'm good. PSP games don't really sell so you get them real cheap on Boxing Day (even PS2 games sometimes; I picked up Valkyrie Profile 2 for $3 on Boxing Day one year).

So this mission has me riding on a carriage as I press L2 to order my guys to attack enemies. ENGAGING
Yup. That's AC3. It's more about not being an assassin than anything else.

Well, I did try watching SGF's LP for the first party crasher, but didn't really get farther than the first video at that time. (I've since gotten through video 4, with the children's play guy that video 5 is apparently about to be all about. Fun.)

But yeah, I'd figured that the acts were full of shit from the first playthrough; it just happens that that was my first time seeing that particular act.

Although the all-time best is always going to be two women draping a cloth over a third. Brings a tear to my eye every time. So deep. So meaningful. So life-changing.
So ridiculous. So pointless. So absurd. It's beautifully stupid.
I think the first party isn't that great outside of
getting caught red-handed with Mia and making out with the dude in the back
. At least the second and third playthroughs had some ... interesting stuff.

I can't remember if this was supposed to be a High Art show or a Fashion show. Neither makes sense to me. If it were the latter, were they modelling the cloth? Why would they do that?

MORE OF SGF'S HIGH ART: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRNhYGtVIGo

OMG Aero

I totally picked up the Power Stone Collection on Boxing Day, so I'm good.
Is that worth getting? I was looking at the PSP games section of hte Vita store and thought about getting it because I loved Power Stone on the Dreamcast, but then I remembered that all of my memories of Power Stone where of playing multiplayer with my friends.

qq more

Is that worth getting? I was looking at the PSP games section of hte Vita store and thought about getting it because I loved Power Stone on the Dreamcast, but then I remembered that all of my memories of Power Stone where of playing multiplayer with my friends.

I wished it had online play... I only really got the collection because I no longer own a Dreamcast.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with it (especially if you have the originals for Dreamcast already). MP is Ad-hoc, and load times might become an issue.

It's remarkable that they didn't put a port of the game on PSN with online play.

Nert

Damn, SonicGAF was productive today.
Also, any nerds getting the SC II Heart of the Swarm expansion?

I'll probably get it eventually. I hit diamond league in the first few months of WoL with cheesy Dark Templar, which was a lot of fun. I eventually ended up just watching people play Starcraft instead of playing it myself, though. I'm sure that the single player campaign will be a lot of fun (terrible writing aside).

BlackJace

Starcraft is for Koreans only!
Yf6J.gif

I'll probably get it eventually. I hit diamond league in the first few months of WoL with cheesy Dark Templar, which was a lot of fun. I eventually ended up just watching people play Starcraft instead of playing it myself, though. I'm sure that the single player campaign will be a lot of fun (terrible writing aside).

Yeah, I mostly play for the single player aspect. My mouse has hovered over buy for a while now, so I think I'll go ahead with it.

TheOGB

Banned
Capcom should make a Capcom crossover game with all their fighting game characters
in a party game

Call it Capcom Fighting All-Stars
and then a sequel branching out to more arcade characters, Capcom Arcade All-Stars
and then another where they all play tennis in transforming vehicles

BlackJace

Capcom should make a Capcom crossover game with all their fighting game characters
in a party game

Call it Capcom Fighting All-Stars
and then a sequel branching out to more arcade characters, Capcom Arcade All-Stars
and then another where they all play tennis in transforming vehicles

Megaman nowhere to be seen on the roster.

Noi

Nintendo doesn't care. :/

I'm surprised they didn't seem to do a second print-run. I guess considering the sales of Shadow Dragon they didn't think that this game deserved a larger print-run. I can't really blame them, but you know... supply and demand is a thing.

Edit: What do you think of the Black Flag previews? I still can't find myself caring. It seems to fit along the lines of Liberation, but meh.

It's embarrassing, that's what. You know you've done fucked up when I could find more copies of an Atlus game near launch than a Nintendo one a month later. I'm not much of a tinfoil hat conspiracy person, but them purposely not shipping enough physical copies to promote more e-shop is something I'm willing to believe now. It's the only way that them pulling out a TV AD for FE then not shipping the game would make sense.

As for AC4, whatever. Trailer is pretty enough but I'm taking any promises with a grain of salt until the game comes out. AC3 looked really good right up until 5 seconds after I bought it.

They're promoting this new open world pirate game, but it's still going to be limited by being tied to an Assassin's Creed game, I guarantee it. I'd be more into it if it was a new next-gen IP instead of AC4.

If they can rationalize it being a numbered entry and deserving it, then that's okay. But overall, given how it's described (as something (dunno if it's a spoiler since it's in the Black Flag OP)
from Abstergo as a training sim like Liberation was
), I feel like it should have just been subtitled like Liberation was. It doesn't seem to be making a large narrative leap.

They already said it's not going to, it's a spin-off (that's using a new number for some reason, probably cause it'll make it sell more) about Abstergo employees researching Connor's dad to make... a video game. #2DEEP4U.

You should've heard me complaining about starting DmC yesterday right after finishing Revengeance. It feels horrible compared to Rising. Battle doesn't flow well, Dante's jump is weird, he's as slow as molasses, the music should have been dynamic, the loading screen is something I can't look at for a long time, and combos to A and S ranks are easy to pull off without trying.

It's awful compared to Revengeance, especially having started it right after finishing it. I should get used to the feel of DmC before casting judgement on it, though.

You mentioned not losing your style rank before, but that actually got patched. It used to be that your style rating would never go down even if you spent an hour in combat without landing a hit as long as you yourself weren't getting hit. AAAAA game design right there.

Should have sold it while it had some valu-hahahahahaha I can't lie, AC3 never had any value.

Emitan

Capcom can't remember what football is, either.

You know I just said that to pull someone's leg. But in the end it was too hard to go through with it.

I'm not a meanie like Beef. :(

I was talking about the little sheepies in FFXIII the other day~~~

Tails Adventure was rated by the Australian classification board this morning so there's a chance it may possibly consider thinking about being released for 3DS Virtual Console at some point maybe.

It's cheap enough, just buy a working GG and a copy of the game. Save yourself the grief of depending on Nintendo of all people.

You trust Nintendo and sooner or later, you become a Denny's Sunday Mornin' Special.

Heropon

Speaking of FFXIII, I was just thinking...did they ever explain why Gran Pulse is completely uninhabited by humans?

I'm sure they did but I don't remember.

My theory is that the fal'cie were pretty trigger happy with the l'cie transforming and everyone became a cie'th in the area around Cocoon.

My theory is that the fal'cie were pretty trigger happy with the l'cie transforming and everyone became a cie'th in the area around Cocoon.

I can see that.

Man fal'cie are fucking stupid. Or huge dicks. I can't tell which one.

I remember on those whatchacallit stones they took a lot of people who weren't even warriors, l'cie'd them up, and told them to go kill things for no reason other than to have something to do.

Heropon

I can see that.

Man fal'cie are fucking stupid. Or huge dicks. I can't tell which one.

I remember on those whatchacallit stones they took a lot of people who weren't even warriors, l'cie'd them up, and told them to go kill things for no reason other than to have something to do.

It's pretty funny how the fal'cie seem to be huge jerks transforming everyone they can into l'cies and then when you actually are in Pulse they don't care about humans at all.

It's pretty funny how the fal'cie seem to be huge jerks transforming everyone they can into l'cies and then when you actually are in Pulse they don't care about humans at all.

Yeah uh...where were the other fal'cie when you were fucking up space/time in XIII-2.

They sure didn't seem to care.

Now all of a sudden I am to believe Bhunivelze just woke up for no reason and made Lightning into Jesus so he can save everyone's souls?

The souls of humans? The humans that he didn't create but his daughter who looks like his mother did? The daughter he was scared of?

Why the hell does he care?

Will this even be answered?

No, it won't.

I'll play the demo and unless it's one of the best combat systems ever made I won't be picking it up used.

If even that cause lawd knows my hate runs too deep.

When I hate on video games I play old ones to remind myself that I do still in fact like them, they just haven't been very good.

Jet Set Radio HD is my shit. Slowly chipping away at those graffiti souls is therapeutic.

Heropon

I won't buy LR at launch. I want to save some money by waiting a couple of weeks and Pokémon has priority (I suppose this thing will launch around October).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom