• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think while the premise for the narrative and gameplay isn't the same Watch Dogs will be inadvertently competing against GTA5. lol.

An open world game taking place in modern day settings with some TPS elements in it? Yeah, I could see probably see how that'd happen, heh.

why is his shoe

dirty

did he step in the crushed, liquefied dreams of Sonic Fans before he got here

and what's with his hands/arm positions

is he rushing to the jazz club, 'bout to get his snaps on

Emitan

I'm gonna take a break from FFXIII (in chapter 9) and play some AC3 because I have been playing almost nothing but command RPGs for the past month.

Too much blue. Make it white. lol.
515px-Sonic-free-riders--signature-render.png
Better?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm gonna take a break from FFXIII (in chapter 9) and play some AC3 because I have been playing almost nothing but command RPGs for the past month.
I'm... I'm so sorry. (Nah, let us know what you end up thinking of it.)

My mom bought Rising for my (late) birthday present but she picked the slowest shipping :(
The wait will be worth it.

What? I was making a joke on some of the new Sonic characters.
This thread is the opposite of GAF. Most people just joke around. I don't take half of these guys and girls seriously half the time~

Honestly, that's why this is my most-preferred thread on GAF. It's not as serious as gaming side.

Who put a Professor Beef mod in Sonic Adventure? Why would you be such a monster?

My thoughts on AC4 is heavily dependent on AC3. I remember reading articles about AC3 and it sounded great and ambitious. However, we all know how that ended up. I'm wary of how AC4 will turn out but I think the premise is extremely intriguing even with the recent interest of pirates in the past decade. We'll see how it turns out. I'm hopeful but honestly as long as it's better than AC3, I don't really care.
If they can rationalize it being a numbered entry and deserving it, then that's okay. But overall, given how it's described (as something (dunno if it's a spoiler since it's in the Black Flag OP)
from Abstergo as a training sim like Liberation was
), I feel like it should have just been subtitled like Liberation was. It doesn't seem to be making a large narrative leap.

DmC and Rising are action games but they play and feel very different. DmC is more about combo and flashy moves chained up together. Rising is more concerned with precise attacks and trying to keep the flow of battle on your terms with parry and dodge. It's very different. Having said this I think Rising is the better package. It has better bosses, better enemy design, better music, and better cohesion. Everything fits extremely well and works together while some elements of DmC dont' really work well together.
You should've heard me complaining about starting DmC yesterday right after finishing Revengeance. It feels horrible compared to Rising. Battle doesn't flow well, Dante's jump is weird, he's as slow as molasses, the music should have been dynamic, the loading screen is something I can't look at for a long time, and combos to A and S ranks are easy to pull off without trying.

It's awful compared to Revengeance, especially having started it right after finishing it. I should get used to the feel of DmC before casting judgement on it, though.

Much. Sonic's smile in all of these renders have been awful.

why is his shoe

dirty

did he step in the crushed, liquefied dreams of Sonic Fans before he got here

and what's with his hands/arm positions

is he rushing to the jazz club, 'bout to get his snaps on
Sonic's seen some things man. On the job.

You know, in the shit.

I have to tap square to shoot now instead of holding it down.

That is just straight-up weird. And it takes a long time for my combat grade to disappear so I can build it up to an A/S without even trying across multiple battles. Just... wtf.

Nah it's fine.

It's fine. This is the future of DMC, this is exactly where it should be going.

It's fine.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fuck Capcpom, man. First Power Stone, then Breath of Fire, then my wife's aarrrrrrmmmmmm!!!, then Onimusha, then Mega Man, and now Devil May Cry?

Nah. I can't live in this world.

Capcom is giving me Darkstalkers with GGPO, they have earned goodwill for me...for like ONE GAME. Then they will go back on my DNBFL.

Fuck Capcpom, man. First Power Stone, then Breath of Fire, then my wife's aarrrrrrmmmmmm!!!, then Onimusha, then Mega Man, and now Devil May Cry?

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Soon we will have another golden age.

R-right?

Arm Waifu was okay because that franchise was kenshiro.jpg anyway.
Also because it was a radical game even if the story was fucking awful.

OMG Aero

...what was the first video game to ever use the S-rank?
A dumb game that's what. S Ranks are fucking dumb.
Don't even get me started on games with SS or SSS ranks.

Wait what did Capcom do with Power Stone? Is it just that they haven't made a new one? Because that's my only problem with Power Stone.

Yeah Third Strike and Garou are the only fighters I really like together.

Def Jam FFNY isn't really a fighting game right? Otherwise I'd have to revise the above statement.

Fuck ya'll, still waiting for my copy of Revengeance to arrive :(

The demo was so fun though .

Must amend this as Rising is now apparantley waiting for me at home (Ghost Trick and 999 too!). Just a day of Recognise Healthy Body Systems in a Health Care Context and Clinical Skills between myself and it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Never played those

oops I just ruined my credibility I think
You ruined your credibility when you'd admitted you didn't finish Colours.

Wait what did Capcom do with Power Stone? Is it just that they haven't made a new one? Because that's my only problem with Power Stone.
Pretty much. Where is my new Power Stone? Where is my new Breath of Fire?

This was your second time watching [MODE]; you should know that the HIGH ART™ stuff is that is full of bs and wtfness.

Must amend this as Rising is now apparantley waiting for me at home (Ghost Trick and 999 too!). Just a day of Recognise Healthy Body Systems in a Health Care Context and Clinical Skills between myself and it.
This sounds like one of those bs courses they make me take just because they want me to have a full course load.

This was your second time watching [MODE]; you should know that the HIGH ART™ stuff is that is full of bs and wtfness.
Well, I did try watching SGF's LP for the first party crasher, but didn't really get farther than the first video at that time. (I've since gotten through video 4, with the children's play guy that video 5 is apparently about to be all about. Fun.)

But yeah, I'd figured that the acts were full of shit from the first playthrough; it just happens that that was my first time seeing that particular act.

Although the all-time best is always going to be two women draping a cloth over a third. Brings a tear to my eye every time. So deep. So meaningful. So life-changing.
So ridiculous. So pointless. So absurd. It's beautifully stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom