• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

There is a CE DX update?

WHAT??? I need to know more about this!

Edit: There will be new music! 2010's soundtrack of the year might become even better...

There is a CE DX update?

WHAT??? I need to know more about this!

PAC-MAN also returns this late summer with a free title update for PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Steam and Windows 8. PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION DX + upgrades one of 2010’s most celebrated downloadable titles with improved leaderboard functionality, in-game achievements and medals, as well as access to additional DLC mazes, music and graphics including classic DIG DUG and RALLY-X sprites. Players will chomp through bright neon mazes at blistering speeds in this modern and frenetic PAC-MAN experience.

Late Summer Release.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't know why I didn't consider new music but good lawd'

edit: Speaking of Namco, did Tekken Revolution do F2P right or not?

Nert

Hopping on to play some Pac-Man CE DX right now because I can't handle the hype. My 360 gamertag is FloralCat if anyone wants some score competition.

OMG Aero

screen-5.jpg

dat Skyloft in HD
Sure is Nintendo stealing ideas from fans.
OK, ignore my flawed logic.

Dixie still sucks. SHE'S LIKE DIDDY, BUT A CHICK fuck off. I'd rather have Candy or Tiny.
no
aTMQ7kL.png

Also don't search Tiny Kong on google images what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkk

Anth0ny

The new 3D Sonic looks more impressive than the new 3D Mario.

The new 3D Sonic looks more impressive than the new 3D Mario.

I'm actually liking 3D World more than Lost World at this point, and that feels weird as hell.

It's mostly the controls that kind of have me skeptical of Lost World.

GAMERG0D

I heard some claims that Lost Worlds is 60 FPS, but I have my doubts. It looks really good though.

I'm definitely buying these games this year:

Mario & Luigi RPG 4
NSMB 2
KH 1.5 HD ReMIX
GTA V
Pokemon Y
NSLU Retail
Ace Attorney V
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
WW HD
Sonic Lost Worlds
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Watch_Dogs
FF X | X-2 HD
Sonic Colors

I might have missed a few.

qq more

Watched the trailer of the 3D World again... Still looks great. And this is coming from someone who wasn't all that impressed by 3D Land (though still a fun game).

I just hope they don't pull that bs where you have to do all these inane tasks just to unlock the final final level in 3D Land.

I'm actually liking 3D World more than Lost World at this point, and that feels weird as hell.

It's mostly the controls that kind of have me skeptical of Lost World.
Pretty much. Sonic seems to turn on a dime, giving him no real sense of weight or momentum, and bringing us back to friggin' Sonic 2K6 levels of uncontrollability. Presumably without Sonic 2K6 levels of bugginess, and certainly not Sonic 2K6 levels of vapid art design (seriously, I love how the game looks), but having anything in common with Sonic 2K6 isn't a good thing.

I don't like tooting our own horn or anything, but this is something SRB2 got very right. If you're going full tilt in a given direction, you can't just change directions on a dime - you somewhat-slowly change directions, or you slow down so you can less-slowly change directions. (Granted, 2.0.6 and earlier has a bug wherein you're sort of locked into your current direction period if you're at max speed, forcing you to slow down very slightly in order to change directions, but I personally fixed that for 2.1. Whenever we get that out.) BlitzSonic got this right, too. I've seen people call it "slippery", but it feels anything but; changing directions on a dime, your present speed be damned, that's slippery. Having a guy moving fast be somewhat difficult to stop, because he actually has kinetic energy in that direction that needs to be counteracted? That's not slippery, that's pretty much what you're supposed to be doing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pretty much. Sonic seems to turn on a dime, giving him no real sense of weight or momentum, and bringing us back to friggin' Sonic 2K6 levels of uncontrollability. Presumably without Sonic 2K6 levels of bugginess, and certainly not Sonic 2K6 levels of vapid art design (seriously, I love how the game looks), but having anything in common with Sonic 2K6 isn't a good thing.
Cue Blaze coming in here and shouting "I WAS RIGHT WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS LISTEN TO MEEEEE". Haha.

I am kind of surprised with what I saw in both the 3DS version and the Wii U version with respect to control / stopping / momentum. It's just kinda strange to see when they had something good going with the last 2-3 games. But again, we need to play a demo before fully analysing it. Well, I do, anyway. I'll still play it, but I feel uneasy about it just because watching that footage was kind of nauseating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom