• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Kickstarter is amazing you guys. I could never hate video games.
Mac
gaming has never looked better!

It's cheap enough, just buy a working GG and a copy of the game. Save yourself the grief of depending on Nintendo of all people.

You trust Nintendo and sooner or later, you become a Denny's Sunday Mornin' Special.

Pretty much the main reason I've started to just buy physical GB/SNES/GG games. It's ridiculous that I can't even depend on Nintendo to release glorified rom dumps in a timely fashion. (Or at all, really.)

krustywthwasthat9gu85.gif

(Amazingly there wasn't already a good GIF of this, so I had to make one.)

Tails Adventure was rated by the Australian classification board this morning so there's a chance it may possibly consider thinking about being released for 3DS Virtual Console at some point maybe.
tumblr_mcbiafmIfx1qlhcpqo1_250.gif

It isn't the greatest game of all time by any stretch, but I do adore this game.

This thread is nothing more than a sea of humanity, awash with gamers with broken dreams, heavy hearts and hardened souls.
Sonic fandom in a nutshell

Nert

Psh, I've loved this generation. Even if everything else was terrible, the massive strides that the indie gaming scene have taken would be enough for me to love it. Games like Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Bastion, FTL: Faster Than Light, and The Binding of Isaac are coming out on a regular basis now. It's also been a great time for platforming games, fighting games, and strategy games.

Edit: There are also good Sonic games being made again! That's pretty cool!

qq more

It's cheap enough, just buy a working GG and a copy of the game. Save yourself the grief of depending on Nintendo of all people.

You trust Nintendo and sooner or later, you become a Denny's Sunday Mornin' Special.

The Game Gear is a major battery eater though! :l

Game Gear (and most Game Boy) games are still relatively cheap these days, too. Might as well jump in before prices jump up for some weird reason like what happened with SNES and Saturn stuff in the past few years.

Me and my brother played on a Nomad, 2 player style while on a Greyhound from Denver...all the waaaaaay to Bama and we were just fine. You can live!

Nomad...that name sounds familiar.

I think I had one at one time, I played some game called Crusader on it.

I remember holding a big black brick.

Saturn games were always expensive.

Can't explain SNES, though.

True, but even still, prices aren't the same as they were, say... two years ago.

I remember looking for a copy of the US version of Megaman 8 a few years ago, and the general price range was around $50-65 for a complete copy. Now it's ballooned to $100+ for some weird reason.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm interested in knowing what animes yall watch. Recent or whatnot. Sorry for derailing the GameGear discussion lol. I did have a gamegear though. I loved the hell out of the basketball game.

qq more

I'm interested in knowing what animes yall watch. Recent or whatnot. Sorry for derailing the GameGear discussion lol. I did have a gamegear though. I loved the hell out of the basketball game.

We always derail discussions so it's fine.

Also um...

I used to watch DBZ as a kid. I can't remember much animes I actually got into but recently I watched Afro Samurai and starting to get into Samurai Champloo.

EDIT: oh, Outlaw Star was pretty cool... I think at the time I watched it, but I was really young so idk if it aged well or not

I watch DBZ Abridged whenever there's a new episode, if that counts...

edit: actually, last thing I saw was that jazz kids show from the Bebop guy, which was OK-ish I guess.

EDIT: oh, Outlaw Star was pretty cool... I think at the time I watched it, but I was really young so idk if it aged well or not

I would say it did, especially when you watch the uncut version and get all the cursing and boobies you missed as a child.

Used to watch it a lot, stopped sometime in '08, though. and kinda lost interest ever since.

I tried getting back into it a few times, but never really found anything I was interested in.

TheOGB

Banned
I watch Toonami on Saturday nights

but not always (stopped watching a lot once Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins ended)

Nert

A comprehensive list of every anime that I've ever watched:

Dragon Ball Z
Fooly Cooly
Studio Ghibli movies
A season of the Pokemon TV show (Mr. Mime was creepy)

I should probably watch Cowboy Bebop.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This thread right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519054

3 Pillars:
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Devil May Cry 3: SE
- Bayonetta

Right? That's how I always saw it.

When I hate on video games I play old ones to remind myself that I do still in fact like them, they just haven't been very good.
I should start doing that. -_-

Tails Adventure was rated by the Australian classification board this morning so there's a chance it may possibly consider thinking about being released for 3DS Virtual Console at some point maybe.
That sounds fantastic. Tails' Adventure is incredibly underrated. Kinda borked in some bits, but I thought it was alright. I'd play it.

(Amazingly there wasn't already a good GIF of this, so I had to make one.)
I like the video because you don't get to hear him lose his shit often. I don't even know.

Psh, I've loved this generation. Even if everything else was terrible, massive strides that the indie gaming scene have taken would be enough for me to love this generation. Games like Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Bastion, FTL: Faster Than Light, and The Binding of Isaac are coming out on a regular basis now. It's also been a great time for platforming games, fighting games, and strategy games.

Edit: There are also good Sonic games being made again! That's pretty cool!
While I've played a lot of good games this gen (yes, SonicGAF, I have; I know it's surprising), I still can't help but to feel that a lot of the games/IPs I've liked in the past have been relegated to being casualties, have been scraping by with the bare minimum of effort, or players don't respond to them as they did in the past.

I think this generation came out as being a double-edged sword more than anything else. Neither excessively positive nor negative.

The Game Gear is a major battery eater though! :l
I had an AC adapter but for some reason it never stayed in. I had to trudge around with the 6 AA batteries.

You know what I think of anime.

Nert

New drinking game: Take a shot anytime Schala hates something.

Hating Square Enix and Capcom is the right thing to do.

Capcom put out Ghost Trick and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so they're alright with me. It's too bad that they did... everything else that they've done lately.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You like it enough to use an anime-styled fan art piece for your avatar?
(kayos is actually someone who gives me lists of anime to watch, lol)

I'll believe it when I see it!
GotY 2012 list
GotY 2012 honourable mentions list

GotY 2011 list

2010 list:
999, Sonic Colours, Tales of Graces f, Arc Rise Fantasia, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Resonance of Fate, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ys: Oath in Felghana, Nier.

I never made a list here, but putting it together now, wow 2009 was good. 2009 list (not in any order): The Last Remnant, Bayonetta, Bowser's Inside Story, Demon's Souls, Assassin's Creed II, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Mega Man 10, Half-Minute Hero, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, NSMB Wii.

2008 GotY list - 2012 Edition

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
(kayos is actually someone who gives me lists of anime to watch, lol)

GotY 2012 list
GotY 2012 honourable mentions list

GotY 2011 list

2010 list:
999, Sonic Colours, Tales of Graces f, Arc Rise Fantasia, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Resonance of Fate, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Ys: Oath in Felghana, Nier.

I never made a list here, but putting it together now, wow 2009 was good. 2009 list (not in any order): The Last Remnant, Bayonetta, Bowser's Inside Story, Demon's Souls, Assassin's Creed II, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Mega Man 10, Half-Minute Hero, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, NSMB Wii.

2008 GotY list - 2012 Edition

Holy shit that 2008-2012 list is fucking amazing.

Quackula

I don't think I could make a very useful per-year list. I generally play more retro stuff and I'm pretty slow on the uptake with a lot of modern titles. I'm only just now playing through Valkyria Chronicles properly...

Schala's taste doesn't seem all too dissimilar to my own. All the games on her lists that I've played I've really enjoyed, and the ones I haven't are mostly things that at least seem like stuff I would enjoy.

Last anime I was watching was uh... Slayers I think. Need to get back on that sometime.

When I think back on this generation, its not gonna be about the favorite franchises that didn't impress me, its gonna be about the ones that did. Contra, DKC, Punch-out, XCOM, Rayman, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Bionic Commando, sin and punishment, Pac-man, Max Payne. Along with the new franchises like Mass Effect, Uncharted, Saints Row, Gears of War, Assassin Creed(well, until recently), Left 4 Dead. We got two GOOD console Sonics for the first time since the Sega Genesis. We got two GREAT Batman games for the first time since...uh, ever.

And I can't forget all the gems from Platinum Games or Valve, or all the wonderful new titles I've found on PSN/XBLA/Steam. Or just the quality HD remasters that let me replay some of my favorite games, looking and feeling better than ever.

I didn't get Viewtiful Joe 3 and I didn't get a new Star Fox, I know. But this generation has been good to me. I'm optimistic for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom