• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

Yep! Told you all it's much better! What do you think of the music compared to BtS's so far?

Thats hard to say, both are superb. I still have to complete AtS yet, too. Both are outstanding works.
I like how AtS doesnt want to be your tipical Sonic OST, and is more its own thing. That probably is the case too with BtS, but it stand outs more to me in this one.

The game itself feels better, layouts are more fun, I love the art and even the Sonic Worlds engine seems to work better.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I only played a bit of it at my cousin's place, but good lord that game is so... sub-par.

UTs suck and it's so boring to use them, and the combat is so unremarkable. There's nothing special about it. It doesn't feel like Ninja Gaiden at all. It's all XXX Y XXX Y combos and there's nothing with respect to attack specificity in the game. There are no special situations to use any of your attacks.

So boring.

-----

I'll play AtS a bit later. I want to get some of this FF5 stuff out of the way.

qq more

I'm going to be taking a break from GAF for a few days. I'll probably be back on Friday or sometime during the weekends. I probably won't stick around in the IRC until the break is over, but I'll be available elsewhere. Have a good week, everyone!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Honestly, it's a good way to alleviate stress. Combine that with post-E3 stuff around here, and it's generally a good time to take a small break.

Meanwhile, Beef, Noi, and I are playing FF5 for a while.
JC's playing The Last of Us.
The rest of you are playing Animal Crossing. :V

CorvoSol

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG DUSTY DESERT LEVEL.

Yo, fuck those ridiculous spinning and jumping poles. Like seriously, that is some grade A-bullshit right there. Also, speed pads have become death pads for us in the game because they are ALWAYS posted at points where when you touch them, they fling you directly into a pit. And that stupid hovercraft. Flip it and fall directly through the no-viscosity sand.

END OF THE WORLD

OH GOD. IT BEGINS. THESE FUCKING BLACK HOLES.

Still, I like to believe that Hell is having to fight Silver forever and ever. ITS NO USE TAKE THIS.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Seven Force is playing something good, I hope.

It honestly feels like everyone around me is. Everyone's been uploading pics of their adventures in their towns. I listened to qq more, Lightning Lord, and Bean talk about their adventures in Animal Crossing last night.

It really isn't my type of game, so I don't feel inclined to play it. But man, I feel kinda left out, haha.

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG DUSTY DESERT LEVEL.

Yo, fuck those ridiculous spinning and jumping poles. Like seriously, that is some grade A-bullshit right there. Also, speed pads have become death pads for us in the game because they are ALWAYS posted at points where when you touch them, they fling you directly into a pit. And that stupid hovercraft. Flip it and fall directly through the no-viscosity sand.

END OF THE WORLD

OH GOD. IT BEGINS. THESE FUCKING BLACK HOLES.

Still, I like to believe that Hell is having to fight Silver forever and ever. ITS NO USE TAKE THIS.
You're complaining about Shadow's Dusty Desert level? Oh maaaaan. Silver's was the worst until I learned how to glitch through the damn door.

WELCOME TO THE END OF THE WORLD, BTW. Are you having fun yet? :D

Sometimes I want to play Sonic 06 because I've seen all this footage of people playing it and I think "well gee, I could blow past this easily."

Then I remember the one constant in all of the clips I've seen: they always suffer and fail. This immediately brings me back down to earth.

I turned on my 3DS at around maybe 2:30 in the morning last night because I couldn't sleep, and at least 6 people on my friendslist were playing AC. Insane.

Seven Force is playing something good, I hope.

I actually haven't played much of anything today besides a demo or two, haha. Probably going to jump into D&D: Chronicles of Mystara tomorrow, though.

CorvoSol

You're complaining about Shadow's Dusty Desert level? Oh maaaaan. Silver's was the worst until I learned how to glitch through the damn door.

WELCOME TO THE END OF THE WORLD, BTW. Are you having fun yet? :D

I didn't have to do the billiard part. My brother did that. I DID have to do Shadow's level, though, and that took a goddamn hour. I've since walked away after gaming over in The End of the World because of stupid Fuckles' inability to recover from his downward attack at all. So close to getting him to see the S x E scene, though . . . now bro is playing Last of Us.

I didn't have to do the billiard part. My brother did that. I DID have to do Shadow's level, though, and that took a goddamn hour. I've since walked away after gaming over in The End of the World because of stupid Fuckles' inability to recover from his downward attack at all. So close to getting him to see the S x E scene, though . . . now bro is playing Last of Us.

I don't know why this made me laugh so much.

PKrockin

I have to control myself and refer to him as Puckles while playing the game, but in my heart, he's long since become Fuckles.

My sister and I renamed him Fuckles during our Sonic 06 marathon session too. Although after the end of Sonic and the Secret Rings and seeing that game's weird Super Sonic that looks like a cross breed of Sonic and Knuckles, I'm starting to take to calling him Suckles.

Yeah, that Shadow level is awful in every aspect. I spent a solid hour on it too. Absolutely, completely, 100% bullshit.

iavi

Honestly, it's a good way to alleviate stress. Combine that with post-E3 stuff around here, and it's generally a good time to take a small break.

Nah. No AC, though the peer pressure from the RL buddies to be playing that thing is INTENSE. People think AC brings the casuals and they're casual about playing it--heeeeellll no. AC calls the zealots. It's a damn cult.

CorvoSol

My sister and I renamed him Fuckles during our Sonic 06 marathon session too. Although after the end of Sonic and the Secret Rings and seeing that game's weird Super Sonic that looks like a cross breed of Sonic and Knuckles, I'm starting to take to calling him Suckles.

Yeah, that Shadow level is awful in every aspect. I spent a solid hour on it too. Absolutely, completely, 100% bullshit.

Fuckles and Suckles it is, then. Or should that be Suckles and Fuckles?

Oh God, this is getting inappropriate.

BlackJace

I think I'll go with taking a break too.

Gaming Side's really become ugly. If it's not threads fellating Sony for something, its threads shitting on MS, or stupid gender/race discussions, or boring next gen talks that go in circles, or Amazon PS4 and XB1 chart warz, or many of the "Nintendo needs to do X" threads.

I'm tiiirrred of it. I really don't like confrontation, especially IRL, but some of these people make me want to reach through my screen and smack em lol.

Plus, I need to focus on school for next year, and lining up my career path and stuff.

I might not be able to resist looking at threads, but imma just not post for a while.

Be back soon, friends.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just a friendly reminder to keep it clean in this thread, but you all knew that.

D'awww. We'll see you back soon, then, BlackJace. We were actually talking about that last night for a bit, too. It's just a bit of a shame how discussion's been going lately, and it just feels a bit repetitive. I mean, if stuff like that's making some lurkers say that they don't really want to get a GAF account at this point in time despite liking GAF's discussion prior to this, well... I guess it says a bit about some of the discourse at present. I feel like it'll even out in a month or so. Console launches, though. Hm.

I actually haven't played much of anything today besides a demo or two, haha. Probably going to jump into D&D: Chronicles of Mystara tomorrow, though.
Lots of people I know have been playing this too.

Nah. No AC, though the peer pressure from the RL buddies to be playing that thing is INTENSE. People think AC brings the casuals and they're casual about playing it--heeeeellll no. AC calls the zealots. It's a damn cult.
Hahaha, I know, right? I was pretty close to picking up a copy myself when I was out, but then I remembered that I'd probably play a few hours of it before putting it down. Naw, man. AC is pretty hardcore. People talking about fishing and bug catching and reducing debt and doing all this stuff...

Sheesh!

Nert

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I'm going to take a break from GAF for a few days and...

Oh wait, I've barely posted at all lately. Never mind!

I enjoyed reading everyone's tomes about E3.

GAMERG0D

Understandable, I might play FFV... but I haven't completed it before so I'm not doing the Job thing. And yes, AC is great. I have 65 hours.

Noi

I don't know about classic, but between that and Sonic Unleashed on GOD, it's nice that Sega is starting to make the back catalog of titles easier to get.

GOOOOD MORNING AFTERNOON SONINGA-Oh, everyone's bailed out, Blackjace's assessment on Gaming Side sounds about right but old Owl will hold down the fort, NEVER GIVE UP!

Nocturnowl's busy playing NG3 for some weird reason, I dunno.

The same reason people play Sonic 06, it's just something you feel must be done, a true ninja trial to put yourself through, NEVER GIVE UP!

Naw. I folded my laundry up, then decided to check out PS+'s free library (not like I can install anything; my paltry 72GB HD has long since been filled up, but claiming them all for later use is nice), then decided to revisit 3D Dot Game Heroes. I haven't touched it since reaching the Fire Dungeon back in 2011, and upon revisiting it, I can kinda understand why; there are enemies that can take you from full HP/MP to .5HP/0MP in a single hit. Annoying! Plus, I haven't opened up any shortcuts yet, so it seems the only way to go is the same lengthy path, until I eventually get it right.

I dunno, I had a lot of enthusiasm for this game once, but I guess it started to get kinda tedious.

Anyway, I decided to get back to another game I hadn't touched in a while, and went back to Earthbound. I beat the remaining four moles of the five in the desert. Was kinda surprised that
they're all #3
. So yeah, got diamond, freed the Runaway Five in Fourside... need to look up what to do next.

This video is so awkward to watch.

If a guy demanded I buy a console FPS when I'm in the middle of a game just to help him out, I'd probably just tell him where he can stick that game.

Anth0ny

Sometimes I want to play Sonic 06 because I've seen all this footage of people playing it and I think "well gee, I could blow past this easily."

Then I remember the one constant in all of the clips I've seen: they always suffer and fail. This immediately brings me back down to earth.

Most of the game really is free, and all the lets players are just horrible at games.

but you will fail when you first fight silver. and on the mach speed stages. and you will die many, many times. that is inevitable.

Naw. I folded my laundry up, then decided to check out PS+'s free library (not like I can install anything; my paltry 72GB HD has long since been filled up, but claiming them all for later use is nice), then decided to revisit 3D Dot Game Heroes. I haven't touched it since reaching the Fire Dungeon back in 2011, and upon revisiting it, I can kinda understand why; there are enemies that can take you from full HP/MP to .5HP/0MP in a single hit. Annoying! Plus, I haven't opened up any shortcuts yet, so it seems the only way to go is the same lengthy path, until I eventually get it right.

I dunno, I had a lot of enthusiasm for this game once, but I guess it started to get kinda tedious.

3D dot game heroes lost its lustre for me about halfway through, it feels like it's caught in between the original Zelda and a Link to the Past as far as structure goes, basically the dungeons came across just a bit too bland to hold my attention really.
Speaking of 2D Zelda I did write up something for Oracle of Seasons but it's more of one big critique, well maybe i'll drop it in here later, i'm not sure the main thread for the game would appreciate it, I guess it was better than 3D DGH though.

Seasons was awesome, though. Only real beef I had with it was Tarm Ruins, and that was only because I'd never experienced a Lost Woods scenario before (the Mysterious Woods doesn't count).

Noi

I dunno, I had my fun with 3D Dot all the way through, partially because by the end of the game I had this:

26Ux8Ui.jpg

I don't think you can even call it a sword at that point, but eeeeeh details. (The sword is actually attacking things on the next screen in that screenshot.)

I dunno, I had my fun with 3D Dot all the way through, partially because by the end of the game I had this:

I don't think you can even call it a sword at that point, but eeeeeh details. (The sword is actually attacking things on the next screen in that screenshot.)

It took me a moment to gather what was happening in that screenshot, "hmm, that floor pattern looks a bit unusual...wait that's no floor at all!

Tizoc

FINALLY watched Man of Steel, been waiting for my brother to be free so we can watch it together.
Great action but uh story and plot left way too much to be desired.
....and I can't believe
Perry NEVER said 'Great Caesar's Ghost'! ...and not to sound racist but I really didn't feel Fishburn fit as Perry. I'm OK with how Kingpin was portrayed in the Daredevil movie tho, great performance, but I tend to see Perry as sort of 'Da chief' trope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom