• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

Even Silver/Mecha Sonic in Sonic 2? Is that one also 8 hits?

Yeah 8 hits on both Sonic 2's Mecha Sonics.

This reminds me, I like Silver's Sonic battle more than Mecha Sonic one. At least in the 8-bit version you can bounce back when both are rolling, it was kind of cool.

BlackJace

Even Silver/Mecha Sonic in Sonic 2? Is that one also 8 hits?

When Silver Sonic is hovering down towards you, go to the corner where he's going to land at. Start revving up a spin dash and burst away when he's about to touchdown. You'll get three easy hits right there.

Tizoc

When Silver Sonic is hovering down towards you, go to the corner where he's going to land at. Start revving up a spin dash and burst away when he's about to touchdown. You'll get three easy hits right there.

nEVER knew that, I just try to safely hit its non-spiked area heh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Uh, no, of course not. This was apparent in T3B. He has no idea what time travel is like or what kind of relationship sisters have.
Corvo, I almost forgot what T3B was.

Now I'm reminded. Man, I loved Aya when I was younger. Then T3B's narrative happened. It's a shame because the game part of the game isn't that bad.

Then assuming the gameplay is revamped/fixed/changed/altered in such a way that you like it, would you find more appealing to you?

What's this plot fuckup Toriyama is using anyway? I'm just gonna lump it as 'reality alteration' for sanity's sake.

I ama ware of that but my brother took the game with him to UK early last year and HE GOT back some weeks ago and I don't feel like continuing my save. Besides now that there are FAQs and what have you, I can craft the perfect teams and paradigms to make the playthrough more easier to Platinum~
Why would they change the gameplay now when the game's been in development for over a year, and it's coming out this fall in Japan? The game never appealed to me from the minute I saw how boring and one-note the combat was in the first trailer. But yeah, if the gameplay were changed to what I'd had in mind prior to seeing the first trailer and going from what I knew from Famitsu/Dengeki/the presentation prior to that, I certainly wouldn't be as sour towards it.

Toriyama? Screwing up reality for sanity's sake? You need to play The 3rd Birthday. But the reason is (FF13-2 character spoilers):
why is Hope young now? Or why does he look young? He's supposed to be taller than her at this juncture. This is stupid.
And that Lightning presentation Toriyama did was just something else... qq more and Meccanical love that presentation.

And you don't even need to use monsters at all when you play through FF13-2. I never used monsters outside of one or two fights and the game was still really easy for me on Normal Mode. The game offers very little challenge to the player, and they tried to remedy this through the DLC fights which are actually designed well, but you don't offer that sort of thing in the game proper? That isn't an incentive to make the player stick around after the near fortnight it took me to plat the game. Noi and Ultros probably got the plat faster than I did (I know for sure that Ultros did) since they play games more often than I do. The only reason why I went back to the game months after I'd beaten it is because during KFJ's LP of FF13-2, I got to know Noi as a Junior Member a bit more and he ended up getting some DLC for me, which I am incredibly thankful for. If it weren't for that, I would've written the DLC off completely.

Honestly, if you want to get the plat in a short time, you're better off not synthesizing monsters.

Hearing that mecha/silver Sonic trick made me want to try it out, after all my ultimate mega drive collection run of Sonic 2 has my progress halting trip to death egg saved on hand for if I ever felt like returning.
Yeah I had no idea how to pull off that spindash trick successfully and just kept getting killed, so I just fought him the old fashioned way...you know after dying like 9 times trying to place the hits correctly (note to self, don't ever bother seeing how the spindash works on this guy ever again).
After toppling the fiend I immediately jumped into the Death Egg Robot and then was promptly spiked in the backside learning his whole attack plan the hard way.
Now if you feel that simply picking back up on this fight from a save state was an act that greatly displeases you because you're old fashioned then I have bad news for you, upon being reminded that dying there makes me fight Mecha Sonic again I was all like nuts to that and set up my own down right dirty continue point after that fight in the interest of fairness and more importantly my patience so that makes it totally fine and I wont hear a word against it.
Huh, the actual bog robo ain't that bad, I was expecting more tricks but I guess that was just Sonic 4's version making me expect otherwise, that said I never feel safe attacking this guy, one death had literally a single pixel of spike hand as the perpetrator of my demise leading me to play things so ridiculously conservative here that I started only daring to attack before it does the first big jump dragging the whole thing out to like 5 minutes.

But anyway through completely and utterly legit practices I finally beat the metallic monstrosities, no one bring me down from this moment, no one mention that had this have been the original version that I would have had to play through the whole game just to return to said fight and would also have died enough that I'd have been booted back to the title screen anyway, no one question my tactical checkpointing, instead consider that a truly cheap man would like save after every successful hit and direct your disapproval to this mystery individual instead. Instead let us celebrate my completely justified victory, never have I felt so unsafe in the act of simply attacking two bosses in any game ever.

OMG Aero

But the reason is (FF13-2 character spoilers):
why is Hope young now? Or why does he look young? He's supposed to be taller than her at this juncture. This is stupid.
FF13-2 was about time travel right? And at the end a big monster appeared and destroyed time?

Not really sure why a character being young is an issue. Time is fucked up.

FF13-2 was about time travel right? And at the end a big monster appeared and destroyed time?
However, an intrepid group of three, collected from all over the timeline, came together and defeated the evil big monster and told the future to stop refusing and start changing already.

No, wait, that was a better game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Not really sure why a character being young is an issue. Time is fucked up.
Because...
At the end of FF13-2, Hope was like 524 years old and he was a fully-fledged adult. When Chaos was unleashed upon the world, everyone's ages were frozen in time, so after Lightning woke up from her crystal stasis at the end of the FF13-2 Ending DLC, everyone should be the same ages as they were at the end of FF13-2, including Hope. Him--or his design or age--going back a few years doesn't make sense at all. Time isn't fucked up and going around in circles in different spots; it's frozen, thus it doesn't make sense for SORASing or de-SORASing.

The hell is it with Square Enix and poorly implemented/written time travel plots lately? I can think of three or so games from them off the top of my head that released in the last two or so years that have that shit.

Because...
At the end of FF13-2, Hope was like 524 years old and he was a fully-fledged adult. When Chaos was unleashed upon the world, everyone's ages were frozen in time, so after Lightning woke up from her crystal stasis at the end of the FF13-2 Ending DLC, everyone should be the same ages as they were at the end of FF13-2, including Hope. Him--or his design or age--going back a few years doesn't make sense at all. Time isn't fucked up and going around in circles in different spots; it's frozen, thus it doesn't make sense for SORASing or de-SORASing.

Yes time is frozen, yet the sun still rises and set and the clocks still work.

So maybe our definition of "time" is different from Toriyama's.

Whatever. PARADOX

Noi

So maybe our definition of "time" is different from Toriyama's.

Whatever. PARADOX

Toriyama's definitions differ from ours on a lot of things.

The hell is it with Square Enix and poorly implemented/written time travel plots lately? I can think of three or so games from them off the top of my head that released in the last two or so years that have that shit.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and that does time travel just fine because it doesn't try to pull any stupid shit like CHANGE THE FUTURE TO CHANGE THE PAST.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Except CT's Dream Team went into developing CT not with thinking of making something profound and deep to try to make a point to their audience dripping with melodrama.

CT's Dream Team went into game development with the idea to play around with Akira Toriyama's universe and characters, and Horii was just a big fan of time travel in general so he made it the outline of the game. Various writers wrote for some different things like Sakaguchi, Kato (the majority), Kitase, and Tokita. Now if you want to see a game project with a lot of communication across almost every single party in development, Chrono Trigger's a good project to look at. But I think Sakaguchi was generally good at that in the first place.

I'm watching this Quick Look for New Super Luigi U, and you can't play MP unless you have more than one Wiimote? That's kinda disappointing. I thought you could use the Gamepad as a separate regular controller without using it for Boost Mode.

Does Super Mario Wii U World have online multiplayer yet? Most of my friends who I'd like to play games with live out of the country or in different provinces/cities and I can't invite them for local multiplayer. >.>

PKrockin

"Local multiplayer is better anyways, you can't play a complex game like Mario if there's lag!"

Personally, HDTV lag is annoying enough, I don't need even more input lag fucking up my timing.
should still be an option though

Come to think of it, what other platformers offer online play? LBP I guess, but as far as I know the physics are so slow and floaty lag hardly matters.

Noi

Personally, HDTV lag is annoying enough, I don't need even more input lag fucking up my timing.
should still be an option though

Come to think of it, what other platformers offer online play? LBP I guess, but as far as I know the physics are so slow and floaty lag hardly matters.

I'd argue that Nintendo is in the right position to lead the charge when it comes to offering an online version of platformer co-op (which not many platformers have, period), rather than conforming with what "works". I know I'd love it if Guacamelee had online co-op, but it's understandable that Drinkbox, an indie developer, can't afford to do so versus Nintendo.

LBP Vita's physics are much tighter than it's console brothers and it still gives me the option for online play. :/

I think I'm gonna play FF7 soon, if not today. The itch has returned.

The steam release is imminent!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sonic 4: Ep 2 certainly does have online multi, but I haven't tried it. I don't think it'd be bad. Sky Fortress Act 1 with co-op is apparently really bad because of the mechanics involved, lol.

"Local multiplayer is better anyways, you can't play a complex game like Mario if there's lag!"
IwataBeef, pls. I just wanna play with my friends who live 300-1000+ kilometres away from me, regardless because I want to have fun! Is that too much to ask? :(

(Also, you replayed FF7 last year! :O)

LBP Vita's physics are much tighter than it's console brothers and it still gives me the option for online play. :/
LBP Vita is actually surprisingly good when it comes to controls, and it gives me an adequate reason to use backtouch and the touchscreen.

I found the Vita game rather passable from the bits I've played of it, and I don't even like LBP that much!

OMG Aero

I'd argue that Nintendo is in the right position to lead the charge when it comes to offering an online version of platformer co-op (which not many platformers have, period), rather than conforming with what "works". I know I'd love it if Guacamelee had online co-op, but it's understandable that Drinkbox, an indie developer, can't afford to do so versus Nintendo.
Nintendo is not in the right position to lead anything regarding the internet.

Noi

Nintendo is not in the right position to lead anything regarding the internet.

MKSEAal.gif

The steam release is imminent!
But I have it on my PS3 now...
IwataBeef, pls. I just wanna play with my friends who live 300-1000+ kilometres away from me, regardless because I want to have fun! Is that too much to ask? :(

(Also, you replayed FF7 last year! :O)
"Please understand, HD and whatever-net is difficult because we are the first companies in the history of the world to develop with them."

And wanna play FF7 again! I used people from the FF community thread for nicknames, so once again it's Sonic GAF's turn. Who wants to die as Aeris? =D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't want to be Vincent again.

Haha, I played FF7 last month. I named Cloud "qq more" and Barret "HEY HEY" on Bean's suggestion. It made the dialogue 100x better.

BlackJace

Nintendo will crack on region locking soon enough. Bet it'll be just another Tuesday when they randomly slip it in to a stability patch, no flair or nothin'.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
IGN said:
"From some people’s perspective, it might seem like a kind of restriction. However, we hope people can appreciate the fact that we’re selling our products worldwide," Iwata told me, acknowledging that Nintendo has "historically" worked with region-locked systems.
Yeah, okay. The tons of Japanese/PAL Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, and DS games I have say that you're talking out of your ass, Iwata. I don't care that it's something to combat reverse importing, it's complete nonsense that they're going back on their original handheld philosophy that you can go into any country and purchase a game for your portable system if you're on a trip.

And the parental controls stuff? Please. You can easily solve that by implementing code in hardware/software to make them match up no matter the region. He's just spouting nonsense now.

Yeah, we're importing video games in this thread!

I was literally just about to suggest you be Vincent.

>_>;
Do I really brood that much?! D:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have a Japanese copy of Rockman World 4! Take that, Nintendoooo. >:D

Just for that, you can be Cait Sith.
Hahahaha, appropriate punishment.

Well, who do you have so far, Beefy?

Cloud: Beef
Barret:
Tifa:
Aeris: qq more?
Red XIII:
Yuffie:
Cait Sith: Phantom
Vincent:
Cid: Possibly Noi

Haha, whose personality do I seem to share, then?

Cloud: Beef
Barret: qq more
Tifa:
Aeris:
Red XIII:
Yuffie:
Cait Sith: Phantom
Vincent:
Cid: Possibly Noi

Haha, whose personality do I seem to share, then?

Well, you punished yourself by finishing Ni No Kuni much like Vincent punished himself by...sleeping in a coffin. You seem too straight-laced to be Yuffie, and you're not nice enough to be Aeris!
I don't want to be Aeris! Can I be Barret? He looks awesome.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alright, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom