• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So like, I forgot you could rename the Epoch in CT.

WHO WANTS TO THE SHIP :d

or I could be super tacky and just name it Sonic to embody all of SonicGAF pffffft

I love going to nostaglic game shops, just look at this crappy picture I took of their Mother 2/Earthbound Collection!

BO7qRaKCIAAvhlZ.jpg

PKrockin

^ I wish nostlagic game shops were even a thing that existed within 300 miles of where I live. So much great stuff in Japan too.

Just time-traveled from the past to the present in Palmtree Panic 1 and got stuck in a wall, lol. That's never happened before.

edit: Sonic, I want to murder you. I was waiting for a Time Up so I could just lose a life and keep playing, then you have to go jump off the screen and give me a game over. You're damn lucky I was on the first stage.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was either almost dead-tired or asleep most of the day so typing was a near-no-no. Also, my shift was exhausting.

I assume I missed nothing.

EDIT: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
PshycoNinja said:
-Toriyama states, "Lightning is different, attractive, and will be massively appreciated by all fans!"
HAHAHAHA.

So I just finished up Dangan Ronpa Chapter 1.

That was pretty extreme.
It's a good game and I hope you enjoy it. (Ugh, I'm still tired.) I hope you like the puzzles and general characterization.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
but Schala lightning is like this rose!!!

THINK OF THE ROSES
Fuck roses!

sn2r5Lw.png

Especially relative to Lightning!

Nah, I like roses. I'm not allergic to them and they're beautiful. I'm one of those girls who likes getting flowers. I got some blue roses once and I saved the petals because they were just so beautiful to look at. Then again, I like the colour blue a lot. :3

Your image was hotlinked, and didn't show up, so I had to quote the post to copy the URL. It took me to a fanpop page, and in the related images was not one, but two images of Amy wearing nothing but gloves and boots.

Granted, she had the anatomy of a Barbie doll/Sally Acorn, but still, thanks for that :\

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Already? Jeez. I'm not reading those yet. It's no wonder the WC #10 pages were posted early this week, though! Sheesh. With that said, since I know Shadow Hog didn't pick Part 9 and 10 up yet, don't discuss spoilers in here openly without spoil tags. Spoil tag them... or use the WC thread for it, where you should be spoil tagging anyway.

There are so many people who seem to not be able to get issues at all. Like, Shadow Hog and Seven Force can't find copies, Bean can't find the Sonic Universe comics, some people in the WC thread have been saying that they aren't getting their issues despite having subscriptions... hm.

Also, you people are silly. :p

All this pre-hype is great, I'm excited as hell

One of my favorite things about EVO hype is all of the secret tech that gets teased beforehand.

Greanted, most of the time it ends up not being a big deal, but I love the "Oh man sounds like he's gonna pull some shit" feeling it brings.

Tizoc

There's this, but it doesn't go into detail.

Yeah. Every single time you hear it is a Hideaki Kobayashi track.

Thanks fothe link, even if it doesn't have what I asked about, knowing about the process/work that went into making Sonic 1 is still an interesting read =)

EVO IS TODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

b4hU7mM.jpg

j0NzPox.jpg

edit: Say was it ever explained how and why Bark and Bean were created for the Sonic fighting game? Were they among early prototype characters for some Sonic games? For that matter, why did Bean resemble Dynamite Dux?

Sciz

edit: Say was it ever explained how and why Bark and Bean were created for the Sonic fighting game? Were they among early prototype characters for some Sonic games? For that matter, why did Bean resemble Dynamite Dux?

Dynamite Dux was also an AM2 game. Presumably they wanted to leave their own stamp on the franchise.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is my first time watching competitive Melee. Noi was right about it seeming to be better than Brawl on a technical and skill-based front.

ALSO UFOTABLE DOING A F/SN ANIME. YES. (I'm probably the only one excited for it, but I loooove Ufotable soooo much.)

Five dollars? For any food related item in Vegas? Hah!
I went to Vegas last year. This is entirely accurate.

You should check out the Pinball Museum while you're down there. It's not on the strip, but it's pretty cool to see so many pinball machines in one place (and some arcade games, like Vs. SMB and TMNT). Plus, if that's not your speed, there's a game store immediately next door with a healthy selection of games from pretty much every console ever.

Get ready for the truest, bluest and way-past-coolest Sonic Super Special Magazine issue ever made! The world's first Sonic comic magazine has got your hook up for everything new in Sonic video games and comics - featuring an all new comic adaptation of the latest SEGA video game smash hit Sonic Lost World! At a full 20 pages, Sonic Lost World is the longest video game adaptation yet to be featured in an issue of Sonic Super Special Magazine, but that's not all! Get ready to explore new settings, new villains, and a new Sonic comic universe landscape in the aftermath of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event! Plus all the super special features you love!

Looks to me that they're gonna start taking more cues from the games now, especially since apparently in #254
Eggman's duking it out with G.U.N.. When was the last time they were in the comic
? Also,
Professor Pickle pls

Sciz

...huh. Nice to see the old gang back together, but so abruptly, and all with new looks? "All-new universe" is kind of a misnomer going by the solicits, but it's starting to look like this soft reboot's got some hard edges to it.

Eggman's duking it out with G.U.N.. When was the last time they were in the comic?

Scrambled Part 2, which was also about Eggman duking it out with G.U.N.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
If this pages any indication this threads gotten weirder since I last peeked into it o_O

After much convincing I finally bought Sonic Generations today! My first console

non-mega collection
non-gems
non-tennis
non-genesis collection
non-racing

Sonic since Heroes! Either the game'll be alright or I'll continue ta be traumatized away from such products for many more years! The demo gave no hope but peoples say things will be okay!

qq more

If this pages any indication this threads gotten weirder since I last peeked into it o_O

After much convincing I finally bought Sonic Generations today! My first console

non-mega collection
non-gems
non-tennis
non-genesis collection
non-racing

Sonic since Heroes! Either the game'll be alright or I'll continue ta be traumatized away from such products for many more years! The demo gave no hope but peoples say things will be okay!
We're all a bunch of silly but harmless people!

What was it from the demo you didn't like? I've realized Modern Sonic's gameplay seems to be an acquired taste.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The demo really isn't a good indication as to how the rest of the game is, especially from a level design perspective. I hope you have fun with it.

Though you should've picked up Sonic Colours too, Lindsay. :p

I'm sorry, Schala. I have failed you in CT.

But if it's any consolation, I'm dead too! Weeeeeeee. :(
Boooooooo. ;-;

non-mega collection
non-gems
non-tennis
non-genesis collection
non-racing

The last... 25% or so of the game takes a dip in quality compared to what comes before it, but it's a pretty fun ride nonetheless. The demo's really not all that great of an indicator since it reinforces the "Boost to Win" stereotype. (Green Hill is the only level in the game even remotely like that)

I hope you enjoy the game, in any case!

A friend of mine got me the most fucked up present ever just now for my birthday.

Q_Q

1011431_144975022371519_2099742778_n.jpg

He made up for it with Sonic 4 Episode II tho.

Yes, I actually liked Sonic 4, at first it's meh then it grows on you. But that music....ugh

your welcome
Only one of my closest homies can troll me this hard and still be my ninja. lol

Should be the other way around, personally.

Nah man, I'll take a Sonic with bad music and altered yet responsive physics and decent level design over one with good music, horrible level design, and bad controls.

Atleast in Episode I the music started getting jumping in Mad Gear, not to mention the level designs and multiplayer interests me.

@PhantomOfTheKnight - Nah man, they fixed up the remake a bit so I might go easy on it and may even replay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom