• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm not very interested. But then again, I don't have a smartphone.

I can take or leave it. Give me a darned handheld or console game already.

newsonicgame_zps9320a0e9.png

Hmm...
Why are you taking YouTube comments without a grain of salt?

Speaking of bosses, that reminds me the one time I was abusing debug mode in Sonic 3 and got the Knuckles form of the Marble Garden Boss to appear in a random room in Act 2...wish I could replicate that.

It's not surprising that all of Morrigan's appearances in sprite based fighters outside of VS still used the same sprite.

Even when she looked horrible out of place.

I thought Sonic Dash looked very nice and polished for an iOS game :X

Also it has those hermit crabs from Sonic 4 in it alongside the other GHZ badniks. That's something I guess.

It's not surprising that all of Morrigan's appearances in sprite based fighters outside of VS still used the same sprite.

Even when she looked horrible out of place.

"Man, look at that awesome redrawn Ryu sprite. Shit looks awesome."

Ryu-cvs2-stance.gif

"Oh wow, even Maki's getting some love, she looks great!"

Maki-cvs2-stance.gif

"Oh, there goes Morri-"

Sf-morrigan.gif

"...Huh. Well, Vampire Savior was a nice looking game, I guess."

Tikal punching people looks wrong and out of character.

But that's the point.
Tikal climbing the air looks wrong too. And just where were those emerald shards, I wonder?

Personally I think my favorite is the mech-walker chase down the endless road, with the uber-slow homing shots.

ShadiWulf

Ruby posted on twitter that he is "SO READY" for tomorrow. My twitter feed is exploding with activity, interesting thing to come home to.. xD

I wonder if hes trolling again or if we'll get a sonic announcement tomorrow.

Ruby posted on twitter that he is "SO READY" for tomorrow. My twitter feed is exploding with activity, interesting thing to come home to.. xD

I wonder if hes trolling again or if we'll get a sonic announcement tomorrow.

They'll announce the Megaman and Sonic crossover.

TheOGB

Banned
JOIN US, BRO. I'd post the final boss theme in this post but that risks spoilers.
I found one with only one, barely noticeable spoiler on the page >.>

STANDING HERE
I REALIZE
YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

God, these lyrics will be yelled over the internet for years to come

Rlan

Anyone unlocked Amy in Sonic Dash? I've seen Knuckles, which is basically just Sonic, but I imaging Amy might be a bit different?

qq more

After The Sequel's (incomplete) OST is really great too and in fact better so far IMHO. Can't wait for the game to release!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe I'm a bit late, but Sonic Before the Sequel's music is...wow
I love that soundtrack:

“We Made a Fangame!” Award: Sonic Before the Sequel 2012 Original Soundtrack (Falk, Lake, Andy Tunstall, Funk Fiction, KgZ)
Runner-Up: Sonic Generations: Unleashed Project White Space BGMs (Falk)

artworks-000022841647ilxlq.jpg

If you’re saying, “Schala, fangames, really?” then first of all, get the heck out of here with that garbage and don’t ever put down fan works that you haven’t even heard or played yet. Second, you’d be surprised with how nicely some of these can be composed, and the fact that some of the samples (or live instruments) these composers use are better than some of the samples that well-known composers use. In fact watch this video where Falk talks about interactive music. So fan composers, when you get the best of the best, truly know what they’re doing.

Sonic Before the Sequel was featured at other SAGE (Sonic Amateur Games Expo) events beforehand, but the 2012 build of the game comes with better graphics, some gameplay/physics improvements, and new music!! Falk decided to take on the music and recruited some other people to lend diversity to the SBtS soundtrack.

Downpour – for Hilltop Heights Act 2 sounds like it could fit right into Sonic CD. Love the dance backing, and the vocal samples. That’s the sort of thing older Sonic soundtracks exhibited and something I’d love to see again. Adding bell samples is a really nice touch. It’s nice to see it grow from Rivulets – For Hilltop Heights Act 1, and then elegantly flows into the piano-driven Prismatic – For Hilltop Heights Act 3.

I’ve said in other threads that I absolutely adore Invisible Realm – For Lost Levels Act 1 because it’s terribly reminiscent of Suikoden for me. And then we get the chiptune-inspired Wood Zone – For Lost Levels Act 2 out of it, and the bass and synth-inspired Fire and Ice – For Lost Levels Act 3 (sounds like something out of the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast, actually).

Evening Dreamscape pt1 – For Sunset Star Act 1 has lovely bass, percussion and piano work with some synth strings. It’s adorable, and it creates something incredibly soothing and jazzy, worthy of the lounge. Interlude – For Sunset Star Act 2 continues the jazzy trend with a piano and a lead sax. Plunk this right into Sonic Unleashed and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference that it was something original. Finally, synth and synth leads are added Evening Dreamscape pt2 – For Sunset Star Act 2 keeping the soothing atmosphere.

Like, there are other tracks that are so reminiscent of the feel of older Sonic games, especially in terms of sampling like the older games used to do, that I can’t help but to feel nostalgic while listening to it. For example, Metro Madness Act 1, Blue to Darkness – For Fortress Flow Act 3, Chiptunes and Salsa – For Perilous Paradise Act 3, and Titanic Tower Act 1. It’s such a good album and I think people should give it a listen.​

Probably in my Top 5 soundtracks of 2012, tbh.

I found one with only one, barely noticeable spoiler on the page >.>

STANDING HERE
I REALIZE
YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

God, these lyrics will be yelled over the internet for years to come
I've seen Monsoon's theme's lyrics making their rounds already!

Guess Who

Banned
Hello SonicGAF I have purchased and played Sonic Dash for iOS and here is my review DON'T BUY IT that concludes the Sonic Dash review

(More seriously, it's got super-cheap object placement and pay-to-win microtransactions flowing out of every pore.)

MEWTWO RETURNS

AGAIN

OMG

The Pokemon anime is some seriously irrelevant bullshit but god damn if they aren't gonna get me watching their movie if they're gonna throw back to the first film and fucking Mewtwo Returns. omgomgomgomgomgomg

The throwback simply being that Mewtwo is there and he's doing stuff? not going to lie though, Mewtwo does bring the childhood hype.
Don't give a damn about Genosect though.

Call me when Primeape returns, now there's a movie.

I used to keep up with the Pokemon movies even though I'd stopped watching the show years before hand, but I've missed the last six or so.

That trailer is pretty radicool though, will definitely catch this one.

The last one I saw was the Manaphy one, that was probably about six movies ago.
The trailer for the previous Keldeo movie was really weird if only because Keldeo was voiced by Vic Mignogna, why the hell was Keldeo speaking in the first place? what's up with its nostrils? and many more questions that i'll never know the answers to.

TimmiT

Hello SonicGAF I have purchased and played Sonic Dash for iOS and here is my review DON'T BUY IT that concludes the Sonic Dash review

(More seriously, it's got super-cheap object placement and pay-to-win microtransactions flowing out of every pore.)

Pretty much. Charging you for the game up front should be a crime. :/

entremet

Hi all!

I finally made it a mission to complete Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I have the excellent VC versions. I had beat Sonic 3 on the Genesis and rebeat on the VC. I just got Sonic and Knuckles on the VC since it has lock on, but how does lock on work?

Do I have beat Sonic 3 again? I already have a complete file on Sonic 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom