• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If I ended with a WiiU this holiday, that'll be one of the first things I get I guess.
Still not 100% sure though. That kick mechanic is so irritating.
I was hoping that the momentum would still be there and that it would flow well from jumping to kick, then flowing back to run. But nope. It completely stops momentum, which is weird to me.

Actually tried a WiiU for the first time today. Played a bit of the Castle Rock level in Rayman Legends, it was definitely pretty fun.

Still likely going to pick up the PS3 version of that, though.

qq more

In speaking of Wii U, I should play more of that Kirby Dream Collection!

I'm already more than halfway done with Kirby Adventure. Such a fun game!

Speaking of Kirby once again, Kirby Mass Attack just kicked me into the balls and declared that I can't access the final world until I get more rainbow medallions ( I was wondering why a few of the games many many medallion collectables were shiny, this is not the answer I hoped for), i'm officially out.
The last bit of questionable design in a game full of it

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Actually tried a WiiU for the first time today. Played a bit of the Castle Rock level in Rayman Legends, it was definitely pretty fun.

Still likely going to pick up the PS3 version of that, though.
Same. Probably going PS3/Vita for that game instead.

That's gonna be the weird thing with Wii U, though. I'm probably just going to pick up multiplatform games for other systems instead.

I wound up preordering Rayman for WU 'cause the place I was ordering Wonderful 101 from had that version cheaper than on the other systems and anywhere else I've seen it.

Wii U has a pretty good run through the rest of the year. Shame about the nothing in the first half.

qq more

Speaking of Kirby once again, Kirby Mass Attack just kicked me into the balls and declared that I can't access the final world until I get more rainbow medallions ( I was wondering why a few of the games many many medallion collectables were shiny, this is not the answer I hoped for), i'm officially out.
The last bit of questionable design in a game full of it
My friend ran into that issue and it ruined the game for him. Pretty lame.

Same. Probably going PS3/Vita for that game instead.

That's gonna be the weird thing with Wii U, though. I'm probably just going to pick up multiplatform games for other systems instead.

I'm honestly going to get the Wii U version. Off TV play is like... the best damn thing for consoles.

PKrockin

I'm honestly going to get the Wii U version. Off TV play is like... the best damn thing for consoles.
Damn straight. My Wii U isn't even going to be hooked up to a TV most weeks. Rather than use the shit TVs at my work site I'll deal with 480p in exhange for portability, better sound quality with headphones, and freedom from HDTVs' awful input lag.

Input lag is the big one, though. I'd seriously almost trade HD just for the responsiveness I need in action games and such.

I had the Wii U for a bit but I never tried the Off Play option but only because I tend to just play console games on my TV...I live alone so I can hog the TV all to myself and if I lie down, that's just a sign for my body to go to sleep and I become really lethargic.

qq more

I finished Adventure an hour ago. I'm playing Dreamland 2 now, I'm at the 5th world already-

OH MY GOD YOGURT YARD THEME IS BACK <3

Was it worth it? was it truly worth the hollow emptiness within just so you can comfortably say that the game is complete cack through to the very end even though you were clearly aware of this hours and hours of gameplay ago?

This is like one of those downer endings here.

I just had an over-8 hour trek to a Half-Price Books and what do I get? Five Fucking Dollars.

...at least those ladies in the van were nice enough to pull over and give me their spare spaghetti order.

<ShadowHog> I always forget how FF7 starts out as an extraordinarily heavy-handed environmentalist story
<Schala> it totally is
<ShadowHog> And then turns into
a fight against a guy who was experimented on to have the genes of an alien invader from the past who wants to call a meteor to turn the entire planet into lava and then use it as a giant spaceship
<Schala> what
Saving that for posterity

izr1Z3ZeAfpBa.gif

For the record, Bean's Cloud, Schala's Tifa, "HEY HEY"'s Barret, I'm Cid (debating whether or not I should've been Cait Sith - for some reason, I really like
Reeve
, despite his whole
double-agent for SHINRA
thing - but I'll stick with Cid), and Naoshi's Aeris.

qq more

Just finished Kirby Dreamland 2. Did I get the bad ending or something? I just defeated Dedede and cue credits. I thought there was going to be a bit more to it than just that?

I'll worry about 100%ing them later. Kirby Super Star is next, but I'm going to take a nice break first.

BlackJace

I'm a believer that Kirby 64's true final boss was made too cumbersome to access so that children wouldn't see
Zero 2
. That might have been frightening to younger kids.

So about that nice break

...yeah I lied. Already playing Super Star! Someone stop me or I'll get burned out D:
Well, at least Super Star is more like six small games than one big one. (Although I'll debate how much Gourmet Race really counts; it's a lot smaller than the other five.)

qq more

Well, at least Super Star is more like six small games than one big one. (Although I'll debate how much Gourmet Race really counts; it's a lot smaller than the other five.)

Yeah I remember a good number of them being really short. I just finished Dream Land 1 again Spring Breeze. I might go for Gourmet Race and then really take an hour or 2 break!

Getting all the Rainbow Drops/helping people/whatever-it-is-in-Kirby-64 to be able to beat the game is why every straight Kirby platformer between Adventure and Adventure Wii is bullshit.

Noi

Dreamland 3 killed me with that nonsense. Having to get all the mcguffin in that one with all the guessing games that had you restart the whole level if you failed them once was a load of bullshit.

Easy platformers my ass.

Only slightly even tiniest bit annoying was trying to find all the treasure in the Great Cave Offensive...otherwise, I thought getting 100 percent in Superstar was pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom