• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light_saber.JPG

Sciz

K64 is basically DL3: Not Slow Edition with a smarter ability blending system. It's fun. Not great, but easily the best entry in that side of the series.

BlackJace

I'm expecting a new Kirby early next year. They could sneak one in this holiday even, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be able to keep up with the holiday lineup.

qq more

I'm expecting a new Kirby early next year. They could sneak one in this holiday even, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be able to keep up with the holiday lineup.
I'll be down for a new Kirby game. They don't get old!

Ice & Cutter (or was it Spike?) was one of the best combinations in K64. You can just straight up ice skate through entire levels.
That sounds fun. I should try that!

>.>

...know what game I haven't played?
You shouldn't have skipped out on the N64. It was magical...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You shouldn't have skipped out on the N64. It was magical...
Not for my genre of choice. RPGs on the system were scarce, and whatever was there, most of the time it wasn't good. Also, you know how early 3D platformers made me nauseous as hell.

Super-glad I got an N64 just as a Zelda machine, though, back when Majora's Mask came out. Those were the only two games I had for it until a few years ago. :lol

Sciz

Japan, your Super Mario Bros. 2 is a disaster. It's the perfect case study on how terrible level design can completely ruin a game with rock-solid mechanics, not that three-quarters of the new mechanics aren't also terrible. No wonder Nintendo of America passed on it.

FYC

Banned
Japan, your Super Mario Bros. 2 is a disaster. It's the perfect case study on how terrible level design can completely ruin a game with rock-solid mechanics, not that three-quarters of the new mechanics aren't also terrible. No wonder Nintendo of America passed on it.

Sixfortyfive gonna kill you

I really really like SMB2US though. Bring back Wart!

Sciz

He's goddamn wrong. The game's full of completely blind jumps, actively punishes the player for exploring or trusting the level designer, and is frequently so rigidly designed that I felt like I was playing Super Meat Boy and had to figure out the single precisely timed sequence of button presses that the developer was expecting to progress. There's two playable characters, but one has a jump height and distance that's just barely capable of clearing the common pit, and the other has a more comfortable jump but comes with such godawful traction that you'll slide into the pit that's invariably positioned immediately after the first with sadistic precision, the work of a craftsman who knows exactly what the player will do at every turn and delights in punishing him for following his instincts.

I shouldn't have to question grabbing a starman, Jesus H. Christ.

I got as far as the Castle in World 8 before I said enough was enough. Lost Levels is plain...bleh.

qq more

oh god me and my big mouth D:

So uh... anyways... I just got to Shiver Star that's totally not nuclear winter Earth in Kirby 64. That level gives me strange vibes man.

Not for my genre of choice. RPGs on the system were scarce, and whatever was there, most of the time it wasn't good. Also, you know how early 3D platformers made me nauseous as hell.

Super-glad I got an N64 just as a Zelda machine, though, back when Majora's Mask came out. Those were the only two games I had for it until a few years ago. :lol

N64 was pretty much my Zelda machine, too, with Rare games on the side. Really, if they ever get around to making a Majora's Mask 3D, the only stuff I'd really still want to play on occasion for the system would be Rare games. Speaking of which, I need to get around to playing Perfect Dark.

Actually, when I think of it, I would still like to get a hold of Mischief Makers.

qq more

Why did they call it Adventure Wii and not Return to Dreamland there?

also Kamiya, we know, W101 coming out on Sept 15th! Don't need to say it every 3 minutes lol

Wonderful 101 looks so good. Was weird seeing Kamiya all suited up for the Direct. Keen to grab the demo even though I have the game preordered.

Why did they call it Adventure Wii and not Return to Dreamland there?

At a guess I'd say it was probably because we never got Dream Land 3 'til the Virtual Console so there was a clear distinction between Kirby's Adventure the console game and the Dream Land games as a handheld series so for a new big Kirby platformer on consoles it makes more sense to call back to Adventure than Dream Land in PAL territories.

Also because the lack of animal friends and mandatory trinkets make it closer to Adventure than the last couple of Dream Lands.

qq more

EU never got Dream Land 3? Eh, you guys aren't honestly missing much. lol

MEANWHILE, NOA DIDN'T SAY A WORD ABOUT W101 DEMO FOR ESHOP, WHAT THE HECK

Slowly becoming very excited by the prospect of Mega Pokemon. They took UMvC3's X Factor and shoved into Pokemon, kinda. Oh, and their choices of Pokemon that'll get Mega Evolutions is SO GOOD. Absol, son.

Absol is the pokemen that made me realize how ridiculous it is that Pokemon say their own name.

It was one of those Pokemon movies, the one with the green pokemon that grants wishes or some shit, Absol was leading Ash and co. somewhere and they had to cross a river. So Absol prepares to jump on a rock and he "Ab..." then as soon as he jumps he goes "..sol!"

Busts out laughing, got it was so stupid.

Speaking of, I think Rapidash and Ponyta are the only pokemon who don't say their own names.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Luigi's Mansion 2 is pretty neat so far. I think the animations are so darn cute. I got a laugh out of Luigi doing the "crazy" finger spin in reference to E. Gadd. I'm getting a kick out of Luigi and Gadd's weird working relationship because it's funny.

I do wonder if the mission structure outstays its welcome by the midpoint of the game. A tad disappointed that it's not seamless or something. It's because I messaged Bean last night who told me that he found some gems that were in Mission A-1 while he was in Mission A-2. Though I looked some of it up, and some of them are missable.

I don't think I can pivot, which is weird to me. I want to get rid of things quick, and not being able to pivot is kinda cramping my style.

Luigi's Mansion 2 does have a bit of a hump in the middle, but the best way to play is to say "FUCK YO COLLECTIBLES" and just go at your own pace. Thankfully, the last two mansions have less missions to deal with, and are generally far better designed.

It's a fun game. Definitely one of my favourites this year, and if you own a 3DS it's a must-get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom