• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, weren't you just wondering what had happened to Sonic in VGCW too?

I'm still waiting to see where the Woody/Dracula thing goes.

I posted in the thread not long before this scene happened, "What happened to Sonic anyway?". :(

Whatever, Dr Robert Nick is far more hype anyway

C5Jdw.gif

Now to take a look at that gif through my eyes...

HE TAKES A TABLE TO THE BACK AND NO SELLS IT! THE AWKWARDNESS OF ACTUALLY USING THE TABLES! DECADE OLD COUNTER ANIMATIONS! WHY YUKES?!

Now to take a look at that gif through my eyes...

HE TAKES A TABLE TO THE BACK AND NO SELLS IT! THE AWKWARDNESS OF ACTUALLY USING THE TABLES! DECADE OLD COUNTER ANIMATIONS! WHY YUKES?!

Can't BELIEVE those mothafuckas still have the WWE license. Literally still using some of the same goddamn animations from WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It from 2001.

tumblr_mc0bl5SqQF1qlhou3o1_500.png

rBAWrUO.gif

goddamnit

Quackula

Man, I don't get along with a lot of NIS games and games that NISA publishes. I dunno why. Sometimes it's because I don't like their games' mechanics, sometimes I don't really care for the dialogue or characters, sometimes I just find them boring, or sometimes I find them too niche even for me.

There are certainly some games that they've published that I genuinely like, but then there are a lot of them that I tire of early, or I just plain don't like at all.

Only NIS game I've really played is Disgaea. I fired it up several years ago and got a good several hours in before I stopped. I didn't stop because I wasn't enjoying it or anything like that either, I stopped because I realized just how much stuff is in the game and I sorta became overwhelmed.

I've been intending to go back to it and give it a proper play-through, but right now I'm thinking it might be better to wait until I can pick up a PSP and just get the PSP port. I feel like that game might work better on the go.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think I want to amend this list of mine. (Edit: the more I look at that list, the more disappointed I am with it.)

Because guess who's getting her MGS: Revengeance OST this week (like I said, I ordered the hardcopy and I picked air mail for it for some reason I dunno)! I'm gonna need to amend that list 100 times over considering some of the stuff I've listened in the past year or so / stuff I've caught up on.

But gosh darn if that Fire Wire BGM from Soukaigi ain't awesome. Awesome bass, awesome percussion, and awesome piano up in that. And the strings? Oh my goodness...

This, though:

Finally got home.

I shall preface this by saying that this is definitely not a static list. My likes and dislikes tend to change depending on the day. lol.

Top 5 (in no particular order)
Final Fantasy VI, Dancing Mad, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc
Mega Man 2, Wily Castle 1-2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFKtYCcMWT4
Chrono Cross, Scars of Time, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-h-n43xOqg
Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics, Rune of Punishment ~Meeting the Cursed Rune~, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5md-JV1Vk
The Legend of Heroes ~Zero no Kiseki~, Intense Chase, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUaAe9u6ng.

I'd subtract Intense Chase and replace it with something else. It's pretty accurate otherwise.

Only NIS game I've really played is Disgaea. I fired it up several years ago and got a good several hours in before I stopped. I didn't stop because I wasn't enjoying it or anything like that either, I stopped because I realized just how much stuff is in the game and I sorta became overwhelmed.

I've been intending to go back to it and give it a proper play-through, but right now I'm thinking it might be better to wait until I can pick up a PSP and just get the PSP port. I feel like that game might work better on the go.
I've played quite a few; some of them are pretty good like Disgaea (but I don't have the patience to keep playing those games anymore--at least not to their fullest potentials). It just has lots and lots of stuff for the player to keep in mind and I can definitely see why it's not really everyone's cup of tea, or they might feel disengaged from the game in general. I definitely agree that Disgaea tends to work better on the go because you can chip at it little by little without feeling like you're doing the same thing repeatedly in one go.

NISA tends to localize quite a few duds, though. That's typically why I don't really look forward to what the company localizes outside of a select few things. And to be honest, sometimes I don't like their voice direction or their localization at times.

Holy fucking shit
Big was in Secret Rings
... how did I not know this.
I think many of the characters were in the storybook games to some extent. It's just too bad that Big's dead and gone now. I didn't mind the character; I didn't like how he was implemented in a few games.

Speaking of which, I was also considering adding Clement's LPs to the LP thread, but alas, I'll think about that when I'm finished being stressed out over the next fortnight. My hell fortnight did not start out well at all. Ah well; I'll just keep rolling.

rBAWrUO.gif

goddamnit
What the hell...
KuGsj.gif

How in the world do they still have the license? Jeez.

I think I want to amend this list of mine. (Edit: the more I look at that list, the more disappointed I am with it.)
Damn that must've been an ordeal to prepare, for some reason i'm most pleased by the Majora's Mask choice even if themes I like more have popped up in that list.

Style Savvy > Stupid wrestling games
oJkqqWV.gif

Combine them! FASHION WRESTLING!

IT COULD BE A REVOLUTION!
Cena Merchandise the video game, choose your bright bold colour and motivational slogan of choice!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Damn that must've been an ordeal to prepare, for some reason i'm most pleased by the Majora's Mask choice even if themes I like more have popped up in that list.
Really, really hard. The aggregate list is here, and I have the spreadsheet somewhere.

I have created a Top 100 VGM list in the past (way back in 2009/2010) and it looks much different from that. If I were to do one now (or even a top 50), it would look markedly different from that 2011 list I posted. The top 5 I pointed out earlier, though, may stay static outside of that Legend of Heroes BGM.

But, yeah, I had to listen to a few soundtracks, and admittedly, given the deadline, I didn't have a chance to give everything its fair shake. To be honest, if I decided to stick to one BGM per series or game, the list would be so much better. I really should have done that, but clearly I couldn't resist putting multiple Ys, Mystic Quest, and Akumajo Dracula themes on there. I also admit that I just stuck a few BGMs on there just for the sake of putting them there in case people were all like, "How could you omit something from Game X or Game Y?!" I really have to stop doing stuff like that.

EDIT: Blaaaaaaahhh, the more I look at my list, the more I dislike it. It's terrible. :(

Cena Merchandise the video game, choose your bright bold colour and motivational slogan of choice!
Oh my God... Why do I get the feeling that this would actually work?

Someone. Please do this.

They're like superhero comics. Convoluted stories, colorful characters, soap opera drama settled with powerbombs and suplexes. And then you get to bitch about all the directions the story goes in and say, "Fuck this company, things were so much better back in the day".

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't get wrasslin'
It's a soap opera for men.

Having watched a few episodes of Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless in the past, I certainly see the parallels. There's even the whole Attitude Era vs current storylines sort of division where the older stuff was better and the newer stuff isn't very good or it's incredibly repetitive. You see people complaining about that stuff in normal daytime soaps.

Only distinction is that issues are solved with fists and wrestling moves as opposed to someone switching paternity tests or talking about company profits or something (I dunno; soap operas are boring, man).

Really, really hard. The aggregate list is here, and I have the spreadsheet somewhere.

I have created a Top 100 VGM list in the past (way back in 2009/2010) and it looks much different from that. If I were to do one now (or even a top 50), it would look markedly different from that 2011 list I posted. The top 5 I pointed out earlier, though, may stay static outside of that Legend of Heroes BGM.

But, yeah, I had to listen to a few soundtracks, and admittedly, given the deadline, I didn't have a chance to give everything its fair shake. To be honest, if I decided to stick to one BGM per series or game, the list would be so much better. I really should have done that, but clearly I couldn't resist putting multiple Ys, Mystic Quest, and Akumajo Dracula themes on there. I also admit that I just stuck a few BGMs on there just for the sake of putting them there in case people were all like, "How could you omit something from Game X or Game Y?!" I really have to stop doing stuff like that.
Interesting aggregate list, I'm surprised I missed this thread back at the time or maybe I was just being lazy, It would be an interesting task for me to try and tackle myself one day.

I'm also surprised by how high Cornered from AA ends up ranking.

They're like superhero comics. Convoluted stories, colorful characters, soap opera drama settled with powerbombs and suplexes. And then you get to bitch about all the directions the story goes in and say, "Fuck this company, things were so much better back in the day".
Such a wonderfully succinct summary, the last bit is especially true.

The Rock's been at this for years and now he can win matches with a People's Elbow, does that count?
Rock has one of those drawback anime powerups, his muscle mass has increased at the expense of his stamina, he has to try and settle things in 5 minutes and unfortunately for him they aren't like anime minutes where 5 minutes is spread over two 20 minute episodes.

Noi

Just finished tonight's work after getting 3 hours of sleep. This is going to be a rough week. @_@

If any of youse guys sees me on IRC, promptly tell me to GTFO and go back to work.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Uh... how many hours of sleep did I get? I remember getting to sleep at 8:30 AM and waking up at 10 AM and oh my goodness you-know-who is going to give me an earful, isn't he? I had a pretty decent reason for it, though.

Getting back to the wrasslin', I used to watch wrestling a lot as a kid, though. Most of my family members are guys, you see, so I watched a lot of it as a kid. And I hung around the guys more than I did the girls, so I ended up watching wrestling often growing up. I don't watch much of it now since I don't watch a lot of TV, but I try to keep on the up-and-up.

And oh gosh you guys I need to clean this shit up one of these days; seriously look at this shit, it's a huge mess and I haven't had time to clean it up yet. I was looking for a copy of MMX4 that apparently I never had or I did have but someone borrowed it and never gave it back. I'm so sad. I actually wanted to play that this week! One of my faves growing up. I think I want to buy a copy...

Interesting aggregate list, I'm surprised I missed this thread back at the time or maybe I was just being lazy, It would be an interesting task for me to try and tackle myself one day.

I'm also surprised by how high Cornered from AA ends up ranking.
We should do this one day. At least in this thread, I won't mind. Because the list is so large, I wouldn't mind no explanations. And Cornered from AA would have obviously made the list in some capacity. I'm rather pleased it made it that high.

The Rock's been at this for years and now he can win matches with a People's Elbow, does that count?
Hahahahaha, touché.

Noi

And oh gosh you guys I need to clean this shit up one of these days; seriously look at this shit, it's a huge mess and I haven't had time to clean it up yet. I was looking for a copy of MMX4 that apparently I never had or I did have but someone borrowed it and never gave it back. I'm so sad. I actually wanted to play that this week! One of my faves growing up. I think I want to buy a copy...

holy shit. And I thought my game collection was messy and all over the place. :lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dark Schala's room is cleaner and more organized than mine :(
I totally bet your room's cleaner than mine. I haven't had the time to put everything back together at the moment, so I'm very dissatisfied with my room's condition at present.

At least my bookcases and bed are spic and span. Yes. Bookcases. Plural.

holy shit. And I thought my game collection was messy and all over the place. :lol
That's only half of it. Nothing's even by platform or in alphabetical order anymore. -_-

I seriously tore my room up on Sunday looking for it. Oh well, I'll buy a copy. I don't think it's that much.

Quackula

I'm actually in the process of moving my entire game setup back into my living room, so mine's a mess right now too.

Genesis carts are alphabetized again at least!

Emitan

I spent hours searching my room for a prescription scrip for my anxiety and depression meds. I should really keep those in an easy to find place.

Also I've turned my room upside down but I still can't find the box for FFXIII :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm actually in the process of moving my entire game setup back into my living room, so mine's a mess right now too.

Genesis carts are alphabetized again at least!
My carts are in really good order, actually. My Famicom discs are unfortunately in the basement, but my NES games, GB and GBA game are in my nighttable drawers. My Genesis, N64, and SNES carts are by my TV/console desk and are partially in shelves and drawers/boxes. Those are perfectly fine. My Dreamcast stuff is there too.

I have some other older things in the closet in containers, and I'm pretty happy with how they're organized. They don't really need to be moved.

I was thinking of putting some of my PS2 stuff away in containers for the closet, and taking my FF stuff out of the cupboard I usually keep it in and putting them in the shelf where I keep everything else and moving the Suikoden and Persona stuff to that particular cupboard. I don't have a huge attachment to FF anymore, so why even bother keeping it in a place like that? (This is me being in denial about how I feel about FF at present.)

I spent hours searching my room for a prescription scrip for my anxiety and depression meds. I should really keep those in an easy to find place.

Also I've turned my room upside down but I still can't find the box for FFXIII :(
Take my Japanese copy.

I keep my prescriptions in my bottomless pit of a purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom