• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

tumblr_ms1hwy7TuI1qd3hnko1_500.jpg

qq more

I'm mad but if I could only play the Gotta Go Fast sections of 2006, I would. Just to see if I could handle the speeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

hope you can also handle the camera panning in front of sanic for half of the section at the same time!!!

(yes, that actually happens D:)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I effin' knew someone was going to play Jak II again in this thread sometime soon.

I knew it. If it ain't Sonic 2006, it's Jak II.

Just came back from the dentist, blasted tooth doesn't hurt anymore~

Sweet Fuse is like a...$25 animated slideshow story. The puzzles are solved for you but you get to see how the characters react to them.
I just like it because I get to romance 6 hot dudes...and Wakasa.
If I wanted to see characters react to puzzles I'm solving, I'd rather them react while I solve the puzzle. You know, like normal ADV games. Why even bother putting a puzzle in when I can solve it myself... and faster?

It's absolutely ridiculous how half-baked the dating/route mechanics are. All I do is select a response that specifically says, "I'd like to hang out with this guy today!" or it's so easy to read their personalities and situations that it's easy to tell when to tell them off. It's poorly-designed, and it's in the completely wrong genre.

Yeah well you're saying Dream Team Bros so clearly my influence is still there, waiting to take hold.
I didn't forget about that AC write up, I still have dreams of it being my morning reading material one day.

But hey even I don't have to be critical about games all the time myself, the last three games I purchased have been top 5 of the year material for me so far, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends, when did August of all months get so great?!
Time for things to go down the pan soon enough, PS plus has presented me with the Jak and Daxter trilogy, currently enjoying Jak 1, will foolishly venture back to Jak 2 and see how long I last because video game masochism is kind of a thing here in Sonic gaf, okay it's not a new game but it will probably kill my good vibes regardless.

Though similarly I spent the first half of the year playing games from previous years myself, I recall a brief Indie binge with Bastion, Dustforce, Hotline Miami in particular but i'm sure there were others.
Dustforce is getting a console port now, I may have to double dip because my laptop sounds like it wants to die running most games.
I think Dream Team Bros is happily amusing (both the title and game).

It's Labour Day. I don't wanna work on anything. D: I'd work on the AC post today but I'm busy trying to romance men in the Keiji Inafune Game. And waiting to finish Luigi's Mansion 2 with Bean. We're almost at the end. I just let him do some missions before I do so he can give me tips since I'm not using a FAQ/guide. I ended up liking the D mansion, oddly enough. It was the C mansion that was kind of eh (though Bean said he liked it), but it had the best boss in the game so far. Bosses in the game are inconsistent, but different people designed them, so of course...

Oh yeah, you guys got TW101 and Rayman before we did. -_- Noi told me about missing levels in the Vita version so I'm gonna have to get a console version. None of the versions apparently have online co-op which is incredibly disappointing to me. I know "wah wah why are you guys whining about a lack of online co-op because lag" but I kind of don't care about the lag because most of my friends/acquaintances are not living where I'm living anymore as a consequence of my friends/acquaintances and I being old. I'd take some lag if I get to play with my friends who I don't live around. In short, I guess I might get the PS3 version or Wii U version, but I'm unsure at the moment.

Fuck yeah, Dustforce. Buy buy buy. I'm gonna get it on PS3/Vita assuming it's cross-play. But hell yeah, I put it on my GotY list last year for a reason. It was soooo good.

I'd love to play Gone Home since everyone's been raving about it, but it's in 3D first-person and those games and I don't blend well together at all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm not too up on my Kickstarter, but if I get extra funds later on, I can certainly change the amount I chose when I'd initially backed it, right?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
omg omg omg omg omg omg

Sen no Kiseki gameplay/new footage with Craft/S-Craft animations. It's nice to, like, see this battle system in 3D. (S-Break is kinda like limit breaks; Crafts are like special attacks)

Can't wait for the end of September! ♪ ヽ(´▽`)/ ♪

Type-0 wishes it could be this balanced and have organic towns like this.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Too bad I only reserved the Vita version's LE. I would've streamed the PS3 version for a bit if I'd gotten that one.

I honestly can't wait. I wanted to hold out until Ao no Kiseki Evolution came out to play it, but man, Sen looks sooooo good.

I had to lie to some customers the other day and tell them that the Wii U was worth buying. They even looked at the games section and said "...that's all there is!?"

I was ducking and dodging the entire time. I should've just told them to wait for the PS4. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sen no Kiseki voice cast:

Rean - Kouki Uchiyama (Roxas - Kingdom Hearts)
Alisa - Yui Horie (Chie Satonaka - Persona 4)
Eliot - Ryoko Shiraishi (Rem - FF Type-0)
Laura - Mariya Ise (Elle - Tales of Xillia 2)
Emma - Saori Hayami (Leia - Tales of Xillia, Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko - MvC3/PxZ)
Gaius - Yoshimasa Hosoya (Raphael - Rhythm Thief, Bladewolf/LQ-84i - MGR: Revengeance)
Jusis - Shinnosuke Tachibana (Iksel - Atelier Rorona; Alphinaud - FF14 ARR)
Fie - Hisako Kanemoto (Murakumo - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus)
Machias - Takuya Satou (Caesar Zeppeli - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)​

omfg

I don't get excited about games often, so give me my time, ok?

What's a Vita?
The thing that I play lots of Japanese and indie games on, like these:

2013-09-02-151107fzsen.jpg

On the bright side Bravely Default's western release is the For the Sequel version. I think Bean is gonna be happy.
I have half a mind, when I get my JP 3DS, to just import the Japanese version of For the Sequel since it'll have the international fixes anyway, since we won't be getting that game until 2014 in NA.

Bean needs to be coaxed to play new games, so he probably won't play it until he feels like it!

should've told them about the upcoming holiday titles such as the 50 dollar remake of a 10 year old game!
That's not a remake. That's an enhanced port.

omg omg omg omg omg omg

Sen no Kiseki gameplay/new footage with Craft/S-Craft animations. It's nice to, like, see this battle system in 3D. (S-Break is kinda like limit breaks; Crafts are like special attacks)

Can't wait for the end of September! ♪ ヽ(´▽`)/ ♪

Type-0 wishes it could be this balanced and have organic towns like this.

Eh, as bipolar as I am about sprites most of the time, they really should've kept them for this game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought Bean was excited for that game? He kept asking for it.

shhhh they aren't suppose to know that
Terminology is important.

Bean's excited for that game, but it doesn't mean he'll play it right away. Remember how he didn't play Luigi's Mansion 2 until I played it? :p

Eh, as bipolar as I am about sprites most of the time, they really should've kept them for this game.
They were more than likely going for scale and presentation this time around, much like they kept upping the ante for the Kiseki games going forth. Good for them, even if the 3D models look kind of budget. But you know Falcom's all gameplay first, presentation second.

Noi

I can give them a pass cause it's Falcom's first big 3D title. That just means that the next Kiseki is gonna look even better.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And it's not suffering from excessive bloom or whatever filter they used for Ys Celceta this time around. I really disliked how Ys Celceta looked when I played it. Blech. Ick. Gross.

2012-11-09-010643jtsqn.jpg
2012-11-09-002900qfsgv.jpg

It doesn't really look that much better in motion. Plays better than Seven which I'd disliked, but the look of it was just... eh.

PSN's been a fucking piece of dog shit for me all week, and won't accept my card information so that I can pre-order Castle of Illusion HD. I guess I won't be able to get the Genesis version, since Sega's apparently has no intention of selling it for some dumb reason.

*sigh* (._.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Did you end up entering your apt/unit info on a separate line when entering your CC info?

Try entering your Apt/Unit # on a separate line. Apparently it's completely finicky about address stuff now.

I haven't used my CC on PSN in sooo long. >.>

BlackJace

PSN's been a fucking piece of dog shit for me all week, and won't accept my card information so that I can pre-order Castle of Illusion HD. I guess I won't be able to get the Genesis version, since Sega's apparently has no intention of selling it for some dumb reason.

*sigh* (._.)

Does the webstore work better for you?

I effin' knew someone was going to play Jak II again in this thread sometime soon.

I knew it. If it ain't Sonic 2006, it's Jak II.
It stealth downloaded onto my PS3 I swear!

I think Dream Team Bros is happily amusing (both the title and game).

It's Labour Day. I don't wanna work on anything. D: I'd work on the AC post today but I'm busy trying to romance men in the Keiji Inafune Game. And waiting to finish Luigi's Mansion 2 with Bean. We're almost at the end. I just let him do some missions before I do so he can give me tips since I'm not using a FAQ/guide. I ended up liking the D mansion, oddly enough. It was the C mansion that was kind of eh (though Bean said he liked it), but it had the best boss in the game so far. Bosses in the game are inconsistent, but different people designed them, so of course...
I thought Mansions B and E were the best and that the two mid game ones (C and D) were nice ideas but not that great in execution, nothing truly bad in there though, it's all pretty solid.

Oh yeah, you guys got TW101 and Rayman before we did. -_- Noi told me about missing levels in the Vita version so I'm gonna have to get a console version. None of the versions apparently have online co-op which is incredibly disappointing to me. I know "wah wah why are you guys whining about a lack of online co-op because lag" but I kind of don't care about the lag because most of my friends/acquaintances are not living where I'm living anymore as a consequence of my friends/acquaintances and I being old. I'd take some lag if I get to play with my friends who I don't live around. In short, I guess I might get the PS3 version or Wii U version, but I'm unsure at the moment.
I'd say to maybe go for the PS3 version, it will save you wanting to murder CPU controlled Globox when doing 100% runs on the Murfy stages, if you don't have any chums that you can trick into playing games with you in person then the Wii U's extra co-op opportunities wont be worth much to you.
Of course jury is still out as for which version is the best, QTE Murfy sounds fiddly for some later stages but I figure it works well enough.

Those things are so bloody fragile.
My friend made me a Shyguy one for my birthday this year, I have to treat it with utmost care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom