• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is anyone planning on participating in this thread? I was thinking of doing something for it.

You have threatened a certain helpless emitan with this fate.
I so did not. lol.

In my experience, this just means you're going to some classy establishments. If you're still get carded a few years from now, maaaaaaaaaybe start worrying?
It's because I'm really short. I just get carded whenever I buy a lottery ticket or if I decide to dip into some alcohol.

But yeah, I'm short, so of course they're going to probably card me. It happens more often in the summer, though. I guess sweaters/blazers/more professional stuff make me seem more my age. The summer dresses/tank tops make me seem younger.

Everyone knows X-Mas birthdays are the best.
Beefmas/December is the second-best month.

It's because I'm really short. I just get carded whenever I buy a lottery ticket or if I decide to dip into some alcohol.

But yeah, I'm short, so of course they're going to probably card me. It happens more often in the summer, though. I guess sweaters/blazers/more professional stuff make me seem more my age. The summer dresses/tank tops make me seem younger.

Makes sense, same thing happens to my sister. The irony being she even works in a bar.

Is anyone planning on participating in this thread? I was thinking of doing something for it.
I'm in, not sure what i'll play though.

Really short, now there's something I can relate to, fortunately for me facial hair is the game changer for being carded, of course this tip is useless to you...well I should hope it's useless.

tumblr_miljsfxMwL1rqqme8o1_500.png

Really short, now there's something I can relate to, fortunately for me facial hair is the game changer for being carded, of course this tip is useless to you...well I should hope it's useless.

I gave up on that dream a while ago. I mean, I grow facial hair super quickly but it's never been particularly helpful in terms of looking "older", only looking more unkempt.

Dressing smarter is the way forward.

I gave up on that dream a while ago. I mean, I grow facial hair super quickly but it's never been particularly helpful in terms of looking "older", only looking more unkempt.

Dressing smarter is the way forward.
I wouldn't dispute that last point.

I guess I'll bring up the N64 and play some SM 64.

I was considering SM64 myself but I don't think I can be arsed to set up my N64.
And yes I mean Super Mario.

I dunno, I'm still chugging along through Banjo-Tooie. Would it count, even though it's my first time playing?

Apparently the game of choice has to mean something to you, either positively or negatively, so it's focused around a game you've previously played.

But how goes Tooie? I could head back to it myself.

Emitan

Hmm.... an old classic? I'm trying to think of a classic I haven't played recently and I think I don't have anything. I replay games fairly often.

All this talk about N64 games has waxing nostalgic about Jet Force Gemini.

379327-2295376850_c49912e760.jpg

Loved this game. Had a loooot of blood in it for a T-rated game, granted it was alien blood so it was all sorts of funky colors, but blood is blood.

If only they didn't force you to do a collect-a-thon to beat it.

Damn Rare games.

Apparently the game of choice has to mean something to you, either positively or negatively, so it's focused around a game you've previously played.

But how goes Tooie? I could head back to it myself.
Terrydactyland is big, I couldn't figure out how to enter Grunty Industries at first (although this has been rectified), and Hailfire Peaks is kicking my ass. Have enough Jiggies to enter Cloudcuckooland, at least, so there's that?

All this talk about N64 games has waxing nostalgic about Jet Force Gemini.

Loved this game. Had a loooot of blood in it for a T-rated game, granted it was alien blood so it was all sorts of funky colors, but blood is blood.

If only they didn't force you to do a collect-a-thon to beat it.

Damn Rare games.
I'm sure i've said my piece on this game before in this thread, it usually ends up with me and JC lamenting our full completion of DK64.
But yeah, that Tribal collecting brutally killed the game, i'm not that fond of this one though it had its moments.

Terrydactyland is big, I couldn't figure out how to enter Grunty Industries at first (although this has been rectified), and Hailfire Peaks is kicking my ass. Have enough Jiggies to enter Cloudcuckooland, at least, so there's that?
I actually dropped the most subtle of hints of how to get in Grunty Industries back when Tooie was first brought up here (it was "train of thought" if I recall).

TheOGB

Banned
So in the past 2 hours I've played--among other things--both Sanic 06 and SA2

I'm pretty sure I had a better, less frustrating time playing Sonic 06 :I

Quackula

Why do you put a collectathon in a shooter

Why do you put a collectathon in a KART RACER

Why

I will admit, Diddy Kong Racing's gigantic and robust single player mode was pretty awesome. It was a collectathon, sure, but a friggin' Kart Racer with BOSS BATTLES? That's genius.

I wish more games would've taken a page from Diddy Kong Racing's single player. Only one I can think of that even tries is Snowboard Kids 2, and really all it does is have boss battles.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
MMX4 is great but the stages were far too drawn out. I still think MMX2 and/or MMX5 were the pinnacle of the series. I enjoyed the former more than the latter.

qq more

X2 is my favorite for sure. It was a refined X1, the music wasn't as good but it was still great though! I thought X5 was okay, the levels were kind of ehhh. The story was great though.

I'll swear by X1 'til the day I die. Not a single bad song out of that soundtrack, too.

X2 is good, but the music isn't as great, and I like X4 but some of the stages are a little too gimmicky for my liking.

If it weren't for Violen I would comfortably say that I thought X2 was better than X1, I can barely react to that near unpredictable wrecking ball.

Okay so I basically do think X2 is better, from a stage design point of view at any rate.

kayos90

It's ok. Violen is nothing compared to the difficult mess that is MMZ1. Omg that game was ridiculous in design and difficulty.

qq more

MMZ1 is like Kid Icarus. They start off painfully difficult (and unfair at times) then it gets easier and easier until it's too easy. Their final bosses were jokes!

also You're too big to be a slug, just get lost! :lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I should really get around to playing Super Mario 64, eh? I need to finish this Mega Man 8 run first.

Because apparently I have to play Super Mario 64 one of these days.
Oe2oHjU.gif

Superior version. Where can I purchase?

Oh yeah, I should get around to that game too. I really should not have played Rising first. Every time I try to pick up DmC, I always feel like it's too slow or the combos are too easy, or the scoring system's too easy.

MMX4 is great but the stages were far too drawn out. I still think MMX2 and/or MMX5 were the pinnacle of the series. I enjoyed the former more than the latter.
I thought you were cool, kayos. I thought you were cool.

X2 is pretty awesome too, but...

I'd rank X2 higher if it weren't for the X-Hunter stages. ESPECIALLY this guy.

Fuck Violen.
Yeah, fuck that guy.

kayos90

I should really get around to playing Super Mario 64, eh? I need to finish this Mega Man 8 run first.

Oe2oHjU.gif

Superior version. Where can I purchase?

Oh yeah, I should get around to that game too. I really should not have played Rising first. Every time I try to pick up DmC, I always feel like it's too slow or the combos are too easy, or the scoring system's too easy.

I thought you were cool, kayos. I thought you were cool.

X2 is pretty awesome too, but...

Yeah, fuck that guy.

I am cool. I enjoyed all the X games save the X6-8. They just weren't all that great. Also Gate is a terrible villain. I just enjoy X2 more than X4. There are some questionable design decisions in that game. Oddly this is the case with every first megaman game for platforms.

Oe2oHjU.gif
Have to is right, as a platforming fan i'm genuinely surprised you haven't played it yet.
I think it's aged well enough considering its time of release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom