• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
Johnny Yong Bosch and Steve Blum are exactly what this franchise needs

But seriously how the hell would that Clone High clusterfuck even work

No, it doesn't. I addressed this. It plays the same theme it did when it was in the air.

That song is only used in the cutscene where Gamma returns to it to kill off Zeta and Beta.

Well that's all the confirmation I needed that I was crazy, because I've totally gone there on the old PC version just to listen to that song :T

Same here, at least in some versions of the game (of which there have been several, and maybe something was changed or lost in the shuffle), I'm almost entirely sure it played.

You had to revisit the Egg Carrier using Big, by jumping on the floating boat or rubber ring or whatever it was in Station Square near the hotel.

Melpontro

Leaked concept art of Eggman Jr.
BzYmJ9D.jpg

I can't wait to play as Static The Hedgehog and Debra The Bat. :lol :lol
fuck you kevin stop showin evryone my fuckin deviantart you peace of shit
Johnny Yong Bosch and Steve Blum are exactly what this franchise needs

But seriously how the hell would that Clone High clusterfuck even work
Leaked concept art of Eggman Jr.
I feel like I'm missing something.

Same here, at least in some versions of the game (of which there have been several, and maybe something was changed or lost in the shuffle), I'm almost entirely sure it played.

You had to revisit the Egg Carrier using Big, by jumping on the floating boat or rubber ring or whatever it was in Station Square near the hotel.
I dunno, I only got that far in the Dreamcast version, and it definitely didn't play in that version, regardless of what character you used or whether you came at it from Station Square or Mystic Ruins.

RobbieNick

I hope nobody here actually believes that rumor in any way, shape or form because it's the most ridiculous one yet. It reads like a 10-year olds fan fic.

qq more

I find it sad that the only time I ever run into terrible fanart these days is when idiots post them ironically all over Sonic threads.

Be glad some of you people missed that one thread about the very same cartoon from 2 months ago... Some of the fanart that were posted... just... D:

I find it sad that the only time I ever run into terrible fanart these days is when idiots post them ironically all over Sonic threads.

Be glad some of you people missed that one thread about the very same cartoon from 2 months ago... Some of the fanart that were posted... just... D:

Oh, I didn't miss that thread. I sent in a complaint about how that was handled. (People weren't punished, the thread was just locked, regardless of it being legitimate news.)

And besides, you mean like post #107 in the current thread?

Looks like it was literally just locked, though. (I checked it, then reopened it to double-check, and the Reply buttons are gone now.)

Edit: #107 was nuked, so my post makes less sense. Let's just say thong-outlined dong and exposed blue pubes.

qq more

Oh, I didn't miss that thread. I sent in a complaint about how that was handled. (People weren't punished, the thread was just locked, regardless of it being legitimate news.)

And besides, you mean like post #107 in the current thread?

Looks like it was literally just locked, though. (I checked it, then reopened it to double-check, and the Reply buttons are gone now.)

I'm talking about a thread about Sonic Boom some months ago (this is before we got the teaser image). People started posting creepy MLP and Sonic fanart. That one got locked too, fortunately.

Oh I feel like such a shill right now but I think this is worth bringing up.
Orioto's next Fresco piece is based upon Sonic 2, in the man' s own words "So, Sonic fans, if you want things in the Sonic 2 art, this is the time. Give me a list of things you want (beyond every worlds of course), details, features, memes..."
If anyone here has any ideas to add that extra Sonic touch to the piece (for example you demand chemical plant includes Tails drowning in the background or Metropolis Zone to include the three dreaded enemies of annoyance) then feel free to help out the creative process.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #11

Song: What U Need
Game: Sonic Rush
Composer: Hideki Naganuma

Start off your day right, SonicGAF, 'cause what you need is Naganuma's unique brand of funk rock. Or keep your day going if you're EuroGAF. /shrug

Playing Sonic Rush is like controlling a roller coaster, and listening to its music isn't much different; it's a nonstop whirlwind tour that only ever slows down so it can pick the pace back up that much better on the other side. It's a perfectly engineered marvel that would fly horribly out of control if weren't written by a master of the craft. Try to predict where it's going and you'll fail every time.

I don't have much to say about this in particular, other than the usual "dat bass" and raving a bit about how the amen break is legendary for a reason and I think he's actually playing two of the things at once at 1:57. Every section flows straight into the next, and unlike some of the rest of Rush's music, it's got a perfect balance between instruments and vocals. If I had to pick one track from the game to represent it, it'd be this one.

qq more

I've been listening to Rush music lately. That OST is good stuff. What U Need is one of the best songs from the game for sure.

I was wondering when you were going to pick an obvious stand-out, and you chose well. Best track in the game.

Whole soundtrack is incredible. I wish Naganuma would do a console Sonic game, it would blow the kiddies minds.

Razzer

Rush is in my top 5 Sonic soundtracks, and probably my top 10 overall, and this is a good example of why. It's. just. so. FUNKY.

Full of energy and bounce, which some may realize is what I like the most in my music, the samples give it an attitude and something to sing(?) along to as you bob your head and do a little dance (dancing not recommended in public). The piece is very well structured too, as just when you get a little bored of one part, it all breaks down, gives you a second to breathe, then ramps back up with a new style. I listen to the Rush ost every couple of weeks so these beats are pretty familiar to me. A truly excellent song.

P.S. Can someone please make a clubmix of Jeh Jeh rocket nao? Kthx.

On a side note, I'd like to see something like this in gaming side. Soundtrack of the week rather than song of the day perhaps. A regular thread where everyone knows the standards might be better for promoting discussion of music rather than lists. Not restricted to Sonic music obviously. If Sciz wanted to do something like that I bet it would get a great response, you always put loads of effort into your posts and threads. If you are too busy or don't want to that's cool, anyone could do it really, I'd just like to see these kind of things more on GAF so we can live up to the moniker of a discussion forum.

Silky

Banned

Start off your day right, SonicGAF, 'cause what you need is Naganuma's unique brand of funk rock. Or keep your day going if you're EuroGAF. /shrug

Playing Sonic Rush is like controlling a roller coaster, and listening to its music isn't much different; it's a nonstop whirlwind tour that only ever slows down so it can pick the pace back up that much better on the other side. It's a perfectly engineered marvel that would fly horribly out of control if weren't written by a master of the craft. Try to predict where it's going and you'll fail every time.

I don't have much to say about this in particular, other than the usual "dat bass" and raving a bit about how the amen break is legendary for a reason and I think he's actually playing two of the things at once at 1:57. Every section flows straight into the next, and unlike some of the rest of Rush's music, it's got a perfect balance between instruments and vocals. If I had to pick one track from the game to represent it, it'd be this one.

its like some mythical JSR3 ost that suddenly came through a portal into our dimension

Someday SEGA will let Naganuma do a Console Sonic OST. Do you follow his twitter? He's a great dude!

My contribution to SonicGAF that isn't creepy pregnant Amy: I Played around with Project Unleashed today. What a stellar Mod.

I thought that was the air gear OST.

Also that game will never exist, I am now the sad.

I want an Air Gear x Jet Set Radio anime someday. :c

Silky

Banned
I firmly believe Unleashed was the start of great Sonic games (hell I didn't even like Colors but it was well above a lot of other Sonic titles.) My personal guilty pleasure, and some of the challenge stages were great.

For the JoJo fans.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've said before that Unleashed is one of my favourites. It just has a lot of balancing problems, and some level design issues, but the rest of it in terms of its presentation is spectacular.

On a side note, I'd like to see something like this in gaming side. Soundtrack of the week rather than song of the day perhaps. A regular thread where everyone knows the standards might be better for promoting discussion of music rather than lists. Not restricted to Sonic music obviously. If Sciz wanted to do something like that I bet it would get a great response, you always put loads of effort into your posts and threads. If you are too busy or don't want to that's cool, anyone could do it really, I'd just like to see these kind of things more on GAF so we can live up to the moniker of a discussion forum.
Just jumping in to say that Nert and a few of us who participate in Soundtrack of the Year threads were thinking of writing up a VGM Community Thread or a Soundtrack commentary thread, but most of us (read as: Nert, Ghaleon, and myself) got busy with life and couldn't work on it as much.

I'd still love to come up with a thread such as that, simply because I do like discussing soundtracks and writing reams of text about a soundtrack that I'd like people to listen to (heck, I wrote reviews for a site for a little while until I got busy earlier this year and couldn't keep in touch). So I think it would be a good idea. I'm fairly certain that Nert's lurking this thread and will read this post and might chime in with a "Yeah!" if he had the time to spare.

It's insurmountably a better idea than the "rate this track" thread where the posts are so quick and if you put even just a little bit of effort into your post, someone would probably snipe before you could even post what you wanted to say.

Regiruler

Someday SEGA will let Naganuma do a Console Sonic OST. Do you follow his twitter? He's a great dude!

My contribution to SonicGAF that isn't creepy pregnant Amy: I Played around with Project Unleashed today. What a stellar Mod.

I want an Air Gear x Jet Set Radio anime someday. :c

Jet Set Radio with Air Gear characters, both collaborate on the soundtrack.
Is that Lost World? Makes me think Deadly Six mind control.

Sciz

I was wondering when you were going to pick an obvious stand-out, and you chose well. Best track in the game.

Heh. Fan favorites are fun and get a lot of discussion, but there aren't that many of them. Gotta pace myself. Plus, it's fun seeing the comments from people who've never heard a track before.

I've never heard any tracks from the Sonic Rush soundtrack. Maybe I should change that. What U Need is such a damn JSR track.

And then there's this clown who is clearly not what we need in office if he's never even listened to Rush.

Nope. Doing this is enough for me. I wouldn't know where to begin writing up an entire soundtrack at once, and I don't have the sort of breadth of familiarity with the subject that GAF's true VGM nerds do. I'm also not a fast writer, and I can already see the five-hour blocks of time that kind of work would eat away looming in the distance.

Not to discourage the idea, just to say that I'm not touching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom