• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Iron Sheik is a jobber who was defeated by Hulk Hogan in the 80s and that match gave birth to Hulkamania.

He's in Toronto this week to... do something, I forget. But since Rob Ford (the current Mayor of Toronto) had his crack scandal balloon yesterday, I guess he figured he'd challenge Ford to an arm-wrestling competition for publicity as I've linked above. I guess he forgot that Ford "beat" Hogan in the same type of competition earlier this year. :V

Anyway, crack scandal thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707147
Summary of why Ford's a shit mayor here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88804286&postcount=1449
Why we cannot impeach mayors in Canada here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88775243&postcount=1328

Not to mention he's a racist, homophobic pos pathological liar who comes into work at like 12 PM and leaves at 3 PM.

Jon Stewart on Rob Ford this year:
May 21, 2013
November 4, 2013
November 5, 2013

Stephen Colbert on Rob Ford last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efomqKJuUfY

Ford wore a novelty NFL tie from 1995 to admit his mistake that he did while in a "drunken stupor", and again to apologize profusely for being a pathological liar.

Holy hell, he really is a piece of shit.

My sympathies that you have to put up with him being in power.

The Canadian government took a loooooong time to apologize to the Aboriginal Peoples of Canada due to pride, and the reserve system in Africa was actually based off of the crappy Canadian model. And the government of Alberta had eugenics legislation until the 1970s, which was actually helped to be put into place by a woman who campaigned for (Caucasian-only) women to be recognized as "persons" in order to vote in the 1920s.

I assume that the Americans in this thread know about the government-funded Tuskegee syphilis experiment that extended from the 1930s to the 1970s and only stopped when people learned about it.

So, yeah, politics can be pretty fucked up.

You know, with all the talk of how far we've come in regards to this kind of fucked up shit (and in general), it really does put things into perspective that shit like the Tuskeege Experiment went on barely 40 years ago and less than 100 years ago women weren't really even considered a "person". Hell, there are still places today where really messed up shit like honor rape goes on as well as messed up racist, homophobic, etc. shit goes on.

PKrockin

fuck everything

image.php

i can't stop laughing

You had me at conservative basically. Though obviously the other stuff is worse.
To be fair, I've gathered that the Canadian Conservative Party is ideologically left of the Republican Party. Although, since the Tea Party is intent on driving the entire party (and country, really) off of a cliff on the farmost right reaches, this isn't saying a whole lot.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Beef, you're still a bad leader because you run a dictatorship and stole votes from people.

To be fair, I've gathered that the Canadian Conservative Party is ideologically left of the Republican Party. Although, since the Tea Party is intent on driving the entire party (and country, really) off of a cliff on the farmost right reaches, this isn't saying a whole lot.
The Conservative Party of Canada is even left of your Democratic Party. Obama would be to the -right- of them. That should put some things into perspective.

You know, with all the talk of how far we've come in regards to this kind of fucked up shit (and in general), it really does put things into perspective that shit like the Tuskeege Experiment went on barely 40 years ago and less than 100 years ago women weren't really even considered a "person". Hell, there are still places today where really messed up shit like honor rape goes on as well as messed up racist, homophobic, etc. shit goes on.
The most unforgivable part of the Tuskegee experiment was that they did have treatment for syphilis a decade or so after the study began, but didn't allow their participants to partake in getting the treatment, and they never told some of their participants that they even had the disease to begin with.

I mean, it was only recently (2010, iirc) that President Obama apologized to those who took part in the US gov't-funded Guatemala syphilis experiment in the 40s (then again, a lot of these kinds of experiments were taking place prior to the Nuremberg Code/Declaration of Helsinki).

And even recently, the University of Rochester and several other universities were involved this EPA thing.

I know the singles have come up here before, so I'm interested to hear SonicGAF's thoughts on the complete Marshall Mathers LP 2. It's on Spotify if you wanna give it a spin without laying down any cash.

I think it's a pretty solid record. The bonus tracks really ought to have been part of the main album and some of the material is a little inconsistent (and Stronger Than I Was is fucking terrible) but it's pretty good for my money.

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but in all fairness, I haven't been a fan of most of his stuff past The Eminem Show & the 8 Mile Soundtrack. I kinda wish it had more skits, too.

Bonus tracks are decent, though.

TheOGB

Banned
I fucks with Berzerk, but Rap God and that other single with Rihanna didn't do much for me. So far the Bad Guy's pretty good and Rhyme or Reason ain't bad, but not a whole lot better than that. Beat reminds me of Lose It at certain points.

So Much Better... lmao wow, no.

I haven't been a fan of most of his stuff past The Eminem Show & the 8 Mile Soundtrack.

That was kind of the mindset I was coming from. I only ever heard a few singles off Encore (Like Toy Soldiers and Mockingbird, which I really liked, and Just Lose It which was kinda stupid) but never heard most of the actual album, gave Relapse like one spin and thought it was okay but never bothered to listen to it again and never even heard Recovery.

There's some good rhymes on MMLP2 though, and the punchlines kinda hit the nice middle ground between clever and cringe-y that I can appreciate them, unlike the windowpane shit from the previous Rhianna single. Bad Guy in particular is a good followup to material from the original MMLP and as someone that's listened to Eminem since more or less the beginning Headlights is pretty strong stuff.

It's funny, MMLP2 is actually the first Em album I've straight up just bought. I had taped copies of the two LPs, a burnt Eminem Show CD and then, like I said, really only heard singles after that. It's something I'm used to by now but there's still some novelty to fitting thousands of songs on a device that's only as big as the cassettes that I used to put in my walkman to listen to a single album.

>Rap

Fucking peasants

Wow, thanks for the meaningful commentary. If you're not into a genre maybe just keep your nose out of the discussion of it next time. Going all "hurf durf I don't like that type of music" doesn't benefit anyone. Same as people all "durr hurr shootbang" when it comes to talk of FPS games.

I forgot Regiruler held that opinion. Now I remember why I don't give a fuck about anything he posts, and why I have him on ignore.

As for MMLP2...yeah, wasn't feeling much of that. Em can still go, but he's got the worst ear for beats this side of Nas.

That was kind of the mindset I was coming from. I only ever heard a few singles off Encore (Like Toy Soldiers and Mockingbird, which I really liked, and Just Lose It which was kinda stupid) but never heard most of the actual album, gave Relapse like one spin and thought it was okay but never bothered to listen to it again and never even heard Recovery.

There's some good rhymes on MMLP2 though, and the punchlines kinda hit the nice middle ground between clever and cringe-y that I can appreciate them, unlike the windowpane shit from the previous Rhianna single. Bad Guy in particular is a good followup to material from the original MMLP and as someone that's listened to Eminem since more or less the beginning Headlights is pretty strong stuff.

It's funny, MMLP2 is actually the first Em album I've straight up just bought. I had taped copies of the two LPs, a burnt Eminem Show CD and then, like I said, really only heard singles after that. It's something I'm used to by now but there's still some novelty to fitting thousands of songs on a device that's only as big as the cassettes that I used to put in my walkman to listen to a single album.

Fair enough. I do think it's better than his last three albums, in any case. Bad Guy's probably my favorite of the bunch.

Wow, thanks for the meaningful commentary. If you're not into a genre maybe just keep your nose out of the discussion of it next time. Going all "hurf durf I don't like that type of music" doesn't benefit anyone. Same as people all "durr hurr shootbang" when it comes to talk of FPS games.

Well put.

Razzer

Rap is a genre I've kinda wanted to listen to more, but every time I look for some I just find a bunch of shit about bitches and the like. The thing is, I know that is not all there is to the genre so I'd like to find better stuff, I just don't know where to look. Doesn't help that my mates don't listen to it much either so we are all pretty clueless.

As for MMLP2...yeah, wasn't feeling much of that. Em can still go, but he's got the worst ear for beats this side of Nas.

Yeah, I can understand that. There's okay beats on a few tracks but it's definitely one of the more uneven aspects of the album. When I asked my brother what he thought of the LP he said that it "didn't sound as good", which I guess just comes down to the production.

I don't give a shit about rap unless it is from the perspective of an echidna.

See, I can understand that. Everybody wants to chill and lamp with the protector of the emeralds and gems.

Rap is a genre I've kinda wanted to listen to more, but every time I look for some I just find a bunch of shit about bitches and the like. The thing is, I know that is not all there is to the genre so I'd like to find better stuff, I just don't know where to look. Doesn't help that my mates don't listen to it much either so we are all pretty clueless.

Yeah, I'm pretty similar. Like, to take an accepted classic like The Chronic for example. I love the instrumentals, and can appreciate the skill present in the delivery, but I just don't vibe with the material so I don't listen to it much.

Like you said though, there's plenty of other stuff out there that deals with different subject material. I can't really help with recommendations, since I'm still only foot deep in it myself. Asked for recommendations from people a while ago and am still sifting through a textfile of discographies. There's definitely a lot out there, it's just a matter of finding it and then you'll be drowning in music.

e: Here's the list that I have. I haven't listened to a lot of it so I can't vouch for the majority but it's the recommendations I was given when I asked for stuff that wasn't all "guns and gangstas, slap a bitch with my dick" stuff:

Aceyalone
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
P.O.S
Eyedea & Abilities
Sage Francis
El-P
The Roots
De la
Saul Williams
Jurrasic 5
Mos Def
Jedi Mind Tricks - The Psycho Social - Chemical, Biological and Electromagnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Brother Ali
Common
Aceyalone
P.U.T.S.
Shad
Outkast
Common Market
Blue Scholars
The Foreign Exchange
Panacea
Pigeon John
Abdominal
Doomtree and affiliated acts
Blu
Blueprint
Blackalicious
Busdriver
J-Live
The Fugees and affiliated acts
Canibus
Hieroglyphics
Souls of Mischief
Murs
Tech N9ne (to an extent)
CunninLynguists
Sage Francis
Zion I
Prince Paul
Organized Konfusion
Binary Star
K'Naan
k-OS
Dilated Peoples
Cannibal Ox
Abstract Rude
Buck 65
Haiku d'Etat
Eyedea and Abilities
Sweatshop Union
Heiruspecs

The forced pinball segments are awful in Lost World and I usually love pinball levels! WTF sega

Yep! Not interesting to play and literally losing a life per ball is bullshit.

Sciz

My own limited experience with the genre suggests that the hip hop scene of the 80s and early 90s is the place to hit, and to steer clear of anything that self-identifies as gangsta rap.

TheOGB

Banned
I hear that Will Smith fellow's pretty good

But I haven't been paying this album any attention since the first track until "Berzerk" and "So Far...". All these aight/meh songs

"Love Game" is pretty interesting immediately, though.

TheOGB

Banned
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
P.O.S
Eyedea & Abilities
Sage Francis
El-P
The Roots
De la
Saul Williams
Jurrasic 5
Mos Def
Jedi Mind Tricks

Chemical, Biological and Electromagnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Brother Ali
Common

Aceyalone
P.U.T.S.
Shad
Outkast
Common Market
Blue Scholars
The Foreign Exchange
Panacea
Pigeon John
Abdominal
Doomtree and affiliated acts
Blu

Blueprint
Blackalicious
Busdriver
J-Live
The Fugees and affiliated acts
Canibus
Hieroglyphics
Souls of Mischief
Murs
Tech N9ne (to an extent)
CunninLynguists

Sage Francis
Zion I
Prince Paul
Organized Konfusion
Binary Star
K'Naan
k-OS
Dilated Peoples
Cannibal Ox
Abstract Rude
Buck 65
Haiku d'Etat
Eyedea and Abilities
Sweatshop Union
Heiruspecs
I agree with the bolded. I met Brother Ali, he's a real cool dude, and I'm pretty sure I know most of the guys in Heiruspecs.

And lol Aceyalone, I remember him from the You Got Served soundtrack. I made a video set to Find Out consisting of random game and TV/movie characters dancing gifs and put it on Youtube for a project in 8th grade.

edit: Damn, I'm diggin this beat for Groundhog Day, but I think I'd rather hear what someone else could do with it :p

Quackula

>Rap

Fucking peasants

I'm not a fan of Eminiem, but there's some damn good rappers out there that I have plenty of respect for. There's a lot of genuinely good stuff out there, especially once you get beyond the radio pop stuff.

'course I listen to fuckin death metal so what do I know.

TheOGB

Banned
So to conclude my thoughts on MMLP2, my favorite tracks are all 3 Rick Rubin productions, Bad Guy, Groundhog Day, and Wicked Ways. The rest are aight at best, but Asshole was starting to grow on me, so idk.

so how bout that sonic

No Shad K? Phonte? Rapper Big Pooh? Tyler The Creator or Earl Sweatshirt? Common Pre-Universal Mind Control, and Kanye (all of his stuff, cept Yeezus. But my favorite album will always be Late Registration). Lupe Pre Lazers (current Lupe's just.... everywhere in his rhymes) I would recommend Childish Gambino and ASAP Rocky, but they're on some other stuff that you may not be into, regardless, they are pretty dope.Bishop Nehru's definitely dope tho.

I've been bumping more 80s dance,freestyle, and R&B lately so not much can come to mind that's already on the list. (music reminds me of classic Sonic tracks)

Oh, Flying Lotus/Captain Murphy and Bishop Lamont as well.

Peep Slick Rick if you want some classic shit.

Also, definitely peep Prince Paul. I love Itstrumental.

And it's good to to drop by, hope everyone's been well.

Sciz

Looks like the IOC forgot to install air bubbles at the bottom of the pool for the half of the cast that can't breathe underwater.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #44

Song: Rhythm and Balance... for White Jungle
Game: Sonic Adventure 2
Composer and Lyrics: Fumie Kumatani (trans. Shinobu Shindo)
Vocals: Everett Bradley

Of all the SA2 music I don't get, Kumatani's Shadow tracks are the ones I don't get the most. I mean, okay, this one is jungle music, I get the joke, but I'm usually down with a good drum 'n bass piece and this isn't doing it for me. I can deal with Runblebee banging on over in Secret Rings, but Bradley's super-angst kills the mood here. The music gets into a good groove a couple times at 1:05 and 1:31, but they don't last.

"I don't wanna hear you" indeed.

Dario ff

Banned
Sumo Digital left a bunch of fake entries on the game files of All Stars Racing Transformed, on some update I never noticed.
BYea68FCMAAZkVy.png

I call main on Greendog.

Okay, so there's almost no melody to speak of, but unlike you appear to, I actually rather like Shadow's music. Dunno why. I just do. Probably wouldn't give it the time of day if the game didn't give me ample time to get used to it, but since I have listened to it all the way through, yeah, I kinda like it.

Although, I've heard it described as "trance music" more than I have "DnB". *shrug*

Razzer

I... actually quite like Shadow's music from SA2. The vocals act more like another instrument than really focusing on the lyrics, at least for me. The beat is at the forefront, which I like, and the melody that pops in occasionally is kind of alien, certainly not a conventional sound. I think the idea was that whilst Sonic was pure rock, Shadow was meant to be a subverted, twisted form of that, and the music certainly reflects that, being very intense and claustrophobic. Of course, why I like this I can't really explain. The SA2 soundtrack isn't as good as SA1, but it is still very good for me.

Looks like the IOC forgot to install air bubbles at the bottom of the pool for the half of the cast that can't breathe underwater.

Of all the SA2 music I don't get, Kumatani's Shadow tracks are the ones I don't get the most. I mean, okay, this one is jungle music, I get the joke, but I'm usually down with a good drum 'n bass piece and this isn't doing it for me. I can deal with Runblebee banging on over in Secret Rings, but Bradley's super-angst kills the mood here. The music gets into a good groove a couple times at 1:05 and 1:31, but they don't last.

I can totally understand why you don't like it, it's not for everyone, though I personally liked it. Really, I liked the whole contrast between Sonic and Shadow's music. Yeah, it wasn't exactly a subtle thing, then again if your looking for subtlety then Sonic ain't your series.

Sonic's music was full of warmth, had a "get off your butt and move" vibe, and focused on the sense of fun. The lyrics, when there were any, were at the forefront, were full of corny messages, and were rather pleasant to hear. Shadow's music is the inverse of this. His music felt cold, angry, and had a "Just stay out of my way" vibe. The lyrics were more in the background and rather obscured, had weird messages/story related messages, and weren't as pleasant on the ears to say the least. Both of their theme songs are diametric in meaning and sound.

Even the names of the song were like this:

It Doesn't Matter vs. Throw it All Away

Won't Stop, Just Go! (Green Forest/Sonic) vs. Rhythm and Balance (White Jungle/Shadow)

And so on.

And the song that that was closest to Sonic's for Shadow, Sky Rail, was named "Mr. Unsmiley" and was short, to the point, and lacked the normal warmth Sonic's songs had.

Just my thoughts on the song and OST in general. Really, I'm probably putting more thought into it than I should be.

Tizoc

I just woke up from my... fuck I don't know what kind of sleep I had but it wasn't really a good sleep in any case... saw people getting mad and hyperbolic (like this quoted example, here) and then decided to go on the shareholder site to read the pdf file. Granted, I just woke up and I'm tired, but...

Uhm.

I don't really understand why some companies are going for this "throw all eggs into one basket, let's cut and run for money" approach. Because it does look like, going by some of the charts and stats they provided on the rest of the pdf, that they made some money. The language used is "focus on" and "accelerate" though I don't think they ever said "exclusively".

However, the hyperbole from some people who just don't... read, I guess? It doesn't seem to be exclusively the case. Going by the language that they're using in the pdf document, they aren't saying that they're going to stop HD/handheld development, but they're going for a focus on smartphone stuff and Eidos to work on online stuff. Unless they start entirely laying off people and cancelling a ton of projects, I don't see them completely scaling back on HD/handheld development unless shit doesn't work out for them on that front, but there's no denying that games development is expensive and will be expensive in this coming generation. Relying on more things then their three great pillars (DQ/FF/KH) would probably be superfluous expenditures for them given the cost of development (especially since SE really really really loves to put on extra bells and whistles onto their games in terms of making it look pretty). The biggest casualty, most likely, will be the mid-tier titles like Drakengard if/provided that they don't sell well.

I mean, I was warned by some people that, yes, this industry is going to get more and more mobile-focused, especially with the advent of iOS7's controller support, but I don't see people throwing all eggs into one basket. That's just a bubble waiting to burst if people did that.

The online bit where Eidos said that they're going more online-focused is basically referring to making their console games more online-focused (presumably adding more focus to MP (ex: Crystal Dynamics to Tomb Raider), putting microtransactions in their SP titles, going F2P with some original games, or making some online stuff...and uh, they did say that earlier this year in a blog post before, so this isn't new news).

What certainly makes me nervous is the DQ slide (which I could also interpret to being, "DQ can be developed for consoles/handhelds, sure, but we'll port it to smartphones inevitably" or even vice-versa), but people going out and saying "last FF on consoles!" are probably shouting that the sky is falling. FFXII was the "last FF as we knew it" seven years ago, and look where we are?

Just read the document linked in the OP of that thread. Or heck, let me link it here: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/14q2slides.pdf. Don't swear off on just the things you read in the OP. Go back and read the source and form your reading of the the form. It's like academic research, you see. It's certainly an "end of an era", but the hyperbole surrounding that document makes me scratch my head, given that what they seem to be doing is covering their bases more? I almost wonder if their aim is to make their games that are domestically-developed multiplatform (ie: smartphones being the other platform or the lead platform, and the game would maybe get ported inevitably... which is what already happens?).

That sort of behaviour shouldn't shock me anymore. As an aside, I guess I've just grown tired of the amount of hyperbole about everything. Or reading of things for a negative or positive spin (yes, this can certainly be just as bad as negative spin; we've all seen Fox News, we know how that works) on 'em. It just makes me feel tired.

I'm going back to bed.

I actually tried to read the PDF file but it didn't open at work, reading it now I get what you mean.

Funnily enough, with this thread recently going up:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710860

A few are doing a 180 from the thread you linked to.

Still I find that the NES to pre/Early PS360 era was the Golden Age of Japanese gaming industry.
Which got me to wondering: For pre-PSX era video games, what's stopping providing them legally via a download service like Steam? I like that SEGA has put up various Genesis games for purchase, and wondered why other devs never did the same like Capcom or Konami. Or heck how about a compilation release of some games for the 3DS or Vita?

Wish I could push myself to getting my Wii running to make good on them VC gaming goodness...but I'd rather play them on the 3DS >_>.

It's funny, because "Rhythm and Balance" is actually one of my favorite things on the SA2 soundtrack. As others have already said, the distortion on the vocals saves me from concentrating too much on the words and lets me appreciate them more as added texture (the cheesy growling, the uneasy harmony in the second "hurry to the unexplored land") rather than lyrical content... with the exception of that "Shadow, don't make me upset" line, since that's too silly to ignore.

I don't really listen to a lot of drum 'n bass, so I don't have a lot of basis for comparison, but I think Kumatani pulls it off pretty well with the skittery beats and the animal cries in the background… gives it an appropriate feel for a track that takes place in a dense jungle. (incidentally, I love her tracks like this where she just goes all in on the beat - compare "Cyber" from the PSO Ep III soundtrack, another favorite of mine.)

TheOGB

Banned
My favorite thing about Shadow's SA2 levels is mumbling words as I rock to the music. Especially that one part in For True Story that sounds like "I don't have any change to sparrreeeeee"

Rich!

Posted this in the mega drive thread, but hey

I got a Mega Drive today. It's an Asian Model 1, PAL with a 50/60hz switch. Played through Sonic 2 for the first time ever today and it was awesome.

I decided to switch it to 50hz whilst playing earlier. Holy fucking shit. the game is absolutely RUINED.

Most of my mates and myself grew up here in the UK with a SNES, but one of my mates had a mega drive. Are you telling me this slowed down crap is what he had to deal with? I know the SNES had it's fair share of problems in PAL land, but it never actually slowed the games down to the extent SEGA games were.

oh dear

Posted this in the mega drive thread, but hey

I got a Mega Drive today. It's an Asian Model 1, PAL with a 50/60hz switch. Played through Sonic 2 for the first time ever today and it was awesome.

I decided to switch it to 50hz whilst playing earlier. Holy fucking shit. the game is absolutely RUINED.

Most of my mates and myself grew up here in the UK with a SNES, but one of my mates had a mega drive. Are you telling me this slowed down crap is what he had to deal with? I know the SNES had it's fair share of problems in PAL land, but it never actually slowed the games down to the extent SEGA games were.

oh dear

The best part is that the UK Wii Virtual Console sold those 50hz versions of Mega Drive and NES games.

Our glorious PAL versions allowed us to take in the sights instead of speeding past them too fast to notice, ergo we appreciated the level design more and were chilled out by the slightly slower stage themes.....
Oh who am I kidding, curse you 50hz!

Speaking of stage themes and our song of the day, Shadow's stage themes in SA2 are as bleh as they come, White Forest's theme sounds like it's going to be a high octane trip through a jungle with all that yelping business at the start which I'm actually fine with and then swiftly devolves into the mumbling lyrics while the instrumental part cools down and kills any intense vibe the theme might've had which would have been nice seeing that it's on a timer and stuff, Green Forest smokes it. Mercifully I can't hear said lyrics clearly enough to decipher the nonsense they're probably on about.
It's amazing how pretty much everything Shadow related manages to be worse than Sonic's equivalent in Adventure 2, Shadow wins nothing, he loses everything including MARIA!

Just tried the PS4 out at a near-ish Gamestop.

Selection was kinda bleh (Pinball Arcade, really?), but Knack was one of them, and it's pretty much the only PS4 game I'm really interested in, so I booted that sucker up and played through the whole demo.

It's pretty good! Not much platforming, and it's super linear, which is rather disappointing, but the combat was pretty satisfying (in spite of the volume being down WAY low, making feedback from getting hit kinda harder to discern). It gets pretty tricky, even in Normal; I died a few times over, although it seems to checkpoint fairly often, so not much progress got lost.

One thing that amused me was that Knack's aerial attack is the Homing Attack. Not a homing attack - the Homing Attack, complete with him curling into a ball. Sure, it only aims downward, but screwthe it - it's totally the Homing Attack. I was also amused that the demo went from Stage 7 to Stage 4 to Stage 3 back to Stage 7. A little bit all-over-the-place, that.

On the downside, it's really not much of a next-gen showcase. 30FPS, noticeable dips when a lot of objects go flying around (like using some of the special attacks). I'm not TOO fussed by that, but I imagine others will be.

Controller's fine. Thumbs don't slip from the sticks; index fingers don't slip from L2 and R2. Optiins button felt kinda weird, though, like it's more flush with the surface of the controller than I'd have expected. Doesn't help that the mechanism connecting the controller to the stand latches on right above it and the Share button, at the top. (Also, about that mechanism - I swear there's no give to the wire at all. Had to play very close to the TV, leaving my arms rather sore after the fact.)

Saw somebody else try out Contrast as I left. Not much to say, but it IS 60 FPS, so there's that.

So that's my impressions, I suppose. Only other thing I have to say is annoyance that Xenoblade is $20 cheaper now than what I'd paid. Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom