• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm gonna start a new file in FF8. Why am I mentioning it here? Because I want to name SonicGAF members after the GFs. I already have a few down, and the rest of the spots are open.

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos =
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander =
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut =
Cactuar =
Tonberry =
Eden = Schala

Give me Tonberry or Diablos please!

Plssssssss be the second coming of Strider 2, one of the best-controlling arcade action games of all-time

Capcom, I swear to God if you fuck this up with another shitty western studio, I will make it my mission in life to personally END all of your lives

Emitan

Plssssssss be the second coming of Strider 2, one of the best-controlling arcade action games of all-time

Capcom, I swear to God if you fuck this up with another shitty western studio, I will make it my mission in life to personally END all of your lives

They're announcing it at PAX :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I love the rationalization behind giving me Eden. Hahaha.

This year I'm looking forward to 2013's hot new jam Persona 4 Arena, out May 10th.
KbtdIKI.gif
Sigh. That game's release and everything around it was a disaster. :|

It's real stupid that you all had to wait so long for it.

bwahahah

Oh, yes, of course. Also known as "giving them the Vito".

Also, sure, I'm up for that. Not doming, the secret thing.
Shut up, you know you'd be up to doming if the situation calls for it.

CAPCOM PLEASE

Capcom, new Mega Man game, please. (No, I don't want xover)

BlackJace

I'm gonna start a new file in FF8. Why am I mentioning it here? Because I want to name SonicGAF members after the GFs. I already have a few down, and the rest of the spots are open.

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos =
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander =
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut =
Cactuar =
Tonberry =
Eden = Schala

Oh snap, let me get Cactuar plz.

Sigh. That game's release and everything around it was a disaster. :|

It's real stupid that you all had to wait so long for it.

It's really only been farcical because of the PS3 region lock/acting like it wouldn't be behind. Otherwise it's perfectly in line with the typical Atlus/MegaTen PAL release schedule of "six months to a year and a half late, if at all.

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos = Diablowl
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander =
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut = S.Force
Cactuar = BlackJace
Tonberry = kayos90
Eden = Schala

TheOGB

Banned
Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos = Diablowl
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander =
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut = S.Force
Cactuar = BlackJace
Tonberry = kayos90
Eden = Schala
I was gonna say "Make me Shiva, cuz I'll shiv a muthafucka," BUT UHHHHHHHHH
I haven't played FF8 enough to know who any of these (summons, apparently?) are

Nert

Oh my god, that Geoff picture in the Bioshock Infinite review thread slayed me.

Yeah, that was magical. With this, John Riccitiello's resignation, and the never ending SimCity debacle, I'm getting an unhealthy amount of schadenfreude lately.

I was really looking forward to SimCity... what a shame.

Hey guys, guess what I finally got working

Sonic3DPC1.png
Sonic3DPC2.png
Sonic3DPC3.png
Sonic3DPC4.png

Apparently all Sonic 3D PC needed was D3DWindower. Now I can once again replay these exclusive special stages.
They're not very good - it's very fond of tight turns into mines and similar cheap shots, it's hard to discern the rings from the background, you move way too fast to react to anything, and despite all this the amount of rings you get is amply generous for the limits posted - but at least they're still better than the dumb ones from the Genesis version.

One noticeable downside: despite the options screen giving me the option between 50FPS, 55 FPS and 60FPS, the game runs at 30FPS. Between that and some of the missing fog effects, this means the Saturn version is still the best one for this game (for whatever that's worth).

Tizoc

I should start writing up the Worlds Collide Disscussion thread today, I ain't got any mangas of interest to read at work, will try to post my draft too @_@.

EDIT: USE ME AS BAHAMUT!

EDIT: USE ME AS BAHAMUT!
TOO LATE

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos = Diablowl
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander = Meccanical
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut = S.Force
Cactuar = BlackJace
Tonberry = kayos90
Eden = Schala

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I should start writing up the Worlds Collide Disscussion thread today, I ain't got any mangas of interest to read at work, will try to post my draft too @_@.
Sure. Take your time, though. I probably won't check on it until tomorrow afternoon just because my eyes are feeling incredibly twitchy from a lack of sleep and from staring at notes and screens a lot. Seriously, though, my left eye isn't in a right condition at the moment.

*snip*

Apparently all Sonic 3D PC needed was D3DWindower. Now I can once again replay these exclusive special stages.
They're not very good - it's very fond of tight turns into mines and similar cheap shots, it's hard to discern the rings from the background, you move way too fast to react to anything, and despite all this the amount of rings you get is amply generous for the limits posted - but at least they're still better than the dumb ones from the Genesis version.

One noticeable downside: despite the options screen giving me the option between 50FPS, 55 FPS and 60FPS, the game runs at 30FPS. Between that and some of the missing fog effects, this means the Saturn version is still the best one for this game (for whatever that's worth).
Oh, neat! Might pla--... oh nope. Nope nope nope, lol. I don't remember being the special stages in any of the Blast games being very good. I think I recall the Saturn one being ok out of the three, but it's been a long time since I've played that version.

Good to know that the PC version ain't exactly worth the trouble, though.

Yeah, that was magical. With this, John Riccitiello's resignation, and the never ending SimCity debacle, I'm getting an unhealthy amount of schadenfreude lately.
That game is my Game of the Year and I haven't even played it. All of the mess and fallout to come out of this entire debacle simply makes me laugh. I know I've gotten my enjoyment from it, and I haven't had to pay $60.

Journalists acting like idiots on Twitter, people resigning, people getting banned for apparently being close to the project, horrendous customer service issues, games mysteriously disappearing, online/offline, people trying to justify certain things in the game, etc. It's just... amazing.

I think we've got GAF's 2013 Fail of the Year wrapped up. Let's hold our vote now, because last year's thread was... something.

Shiva's a woman. Ice goddess.

It's really only been farcical because of the PS3 region lock/acting like it wouldn't be behind. Otherwise it's perfectly in line with the typical Atlus/MegaTen PAL release schedule of "six months to a year and a half late, if at all.
It's still unfortunate that the region-lock was put in at all. Ridiculous, even. I would've been pissed had any Japanese game I wanted to import sported that feature. It really sucks that you guys get it way later than us, but I guess they have to localize it into six languages first.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And I assume she doesn't shiv people
She freezes people.

Mine's kinda hilarious when you get the jokey rationalization behind it.

Here:
Quetz = Lightning God Bird
Shiva = Ice goddess
Carbuncle = Casts reflect and looks like a plushie
Leviathan = Water Dragon
Pandemona = Uses wind or something I dunno
Cerberus = Casts Double (cast spells 2x) and Triple (cast spells 3x) and it's a three headed dog.

You betrayed Shiva!

Oh, neat! Might pla--... oh nope. Nope nope nope, lol. I don't remember being the special stages in any of the Blast games being very good. I think I recall the Saturn one being ok out of the three, but it's been a long time since I've played that version.

Good to know that the PC version ain't exactly worth the trouble, though.
Who's talking about Sonic Blast? :D

Saturn version's actually pretty kickass. Like, I prefer Chaotix's special stages for "best special stages of all time", but Saturn Sonic 3D is a real contender.

I should see if I can record video of this version, for posterity...

Tizoc

TOO LATE

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz =
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos = Diablowl
Carbuncle =
Leviathan =
Pandemona =
Cerberus =
Alexander = Meccanical
Doomtrain = Emitan
Bahamut = S.Force
Cactuar = BlackJace
Tonberry = kayos90
Eden = Schala

THEN I SHALL BE-
CERBERUS, cuz I'm crazy that way @_@.

Mary and Max is one delightfully fucked-up movie; I recommend you guys watch. Really hit home for me when it was revealed
Max had Aspberger's. Having it myself, it was really fascinating how they had him describe how he views the world, but then says that he isn't different from anyones else. Then there was the part where Mary bottles her tears for Max to use, and the part where she tries to commit suicide and we see that she's actually
pregnant at the same time

Probably gonna LTTP it in Off-Topic later.

Sonic3DPC1.png
Sonic3DPC2.png
Sonic3DPC3.png
Sonic3DPC4.png

Saturn version of Sonic 3D is sooo great. The core game is still kind of crummy but the special stages are magnificent and the soundtrack is beautiful.

Tizoc

I wish SEGA would give Sonic 3 & Knuckles the treatment they gave for Sonic CD for PSN and XBL. It's abysmal that it is not availble on PSN in 20-EFFIN'-13!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hate making Powerpoints and study notes. But I'm listening to something that's making me snicker and giggle constantly while doing working. My left eye is super-twitchy. Should prolly go to sleep in a bit.

I wish SEGA would give Sonic 3 & Knuckles the treatment they gave for Sonic CD for PSN and XBL. It's abysmal that it is not availble on PSN in 20-EFFIN'-13!
It's a crime, really. I'm genuinely disappointed that they didn't bother to throw Sonic 3 at the very least on PSN. I wonder why. Was there a deal for that or something? I would've loved for 'em to do something similar for S3&K like they did for CD. Shoot, even Sonic 2 since that recently (read: last year) celebrated its 20th anniversary.

I wouldn't mind doing a speedrun for Sonic 2 tomorrow on my own time. I'm rusty as heck for it, but I'm feeling up to it. I imagine that since I haven't played S2 in a speedrunning scenario in a while, I'd get lots of issues in Metropolis Zone. But that was never my best Zone anyway.

Oh right, meant to reply to your MM#23 post just to say that the Short Circuits made me laugh a lot too. Good issue.

To Sony? Well, I guess it'll be beneficial since it's another branch.

Wonder who's going to be the new game's brand manager? Ruby, probably?

AWESOME

WATER DRAGOOOOOOONNNNNNNN
This is you.

This is Carbuncle.

Tizoc

Here's the draft I wrote for the disccusion thread, let me know what other stuff I need to add or correct:

Disclaimer:
Please do not post pointless comments like including Cancelation, or I never asked for this, etc. If you have no interest in reading this series, dont bother posting.

Introduction:
Worlds Collide is a comic book crossover event between Archies Sonic the Hedgehog and Megaman comic book series.
The entire story will take place on 3 titles: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and Megaman. The event will span 4 months from April until August with a total of 12-13 issues, and will be written primarily by Ian Flynn, the main author on all 3 titles.
The FCBD 2013 issue from Archie will contain pages from Sonic 247 & Megaman 23, and counts as #0, though it may not be necessary to read.
The issues can be purchased either digitally from websites such as comixology, or purchase them from their Local Comic Shop.

If you want to catch up to the series and be up to date with it, heres the essential reading order:
Sonic series: Start with Sonic the Hedgehog #160, then start reading Sonic Universe when the main book mentions it.
Megaman series: Volumes 1-4 are now available in TPB format and collect the events that take place from Megaman 1, Powered-up and 2.
Both titles are available digitally or by purchasing from retailers.

A few things to keep in mind when trying to read the Sonic comic:
This series has featured many characters introduced exclusively in the comic, and to newcomers reading it they will notice it referencing events and stories from past issues. I strongly suggest not worrying about them since they, for the most part, dont get brought up again. Just focus on the current story and characters, and youll end up not caring for past events too much.
The Megaman comic is A MUST READ for anyone who has ever enjoyed the main Megaman series, as it is a wonderful adaptation of the games.

Cover arts from certain issue-

OMG Aero

It's still unfortunate that the region-lock was put in at all. Ridiculous, even. I would've been pissed had any Japanese game I wanted to import sported that feature. It really sucks that you guys get it way later than us, but I guess they have to localize it into six languages first.
Hey you know the funny thing? The European release of Persona 4 Arena is only in English. They said they aren't translating it into any other European languages to speed up the release.
She freezes people.

Mine's kinda hilarious when you get the jokey rationalization behind it.

Here:
Quetz = Lightning God Bird
Shiva = Ice goddess
Carbuncle = Casts reflect and looks like a plushie
Leviathan = Water Dragon
Pandemona = Uses wind or something I dunno
Cerberus = Casts Double (cast spells 2x) and Triple (cast spells 3x) and it's a three headed dog.
Yo put me down as Pandemona I guess because aero is the wind spell in Final Fantasy. Also because Pandemonium on the PS1 was fucking awesome.

Tizoc

The delay on P4A really affected me in the end...I really wanted to get that steel chair to play P4A on it =(

Well I guess i'm prepared, i've got my Kojima Productions badge, a flippin' MGR balloon and the oversized MGR shirt that would make me look like a walking billboard, and now after hitting the sweet spot of price dropping goodness I can finally get my one man Rising party underway.

I'm actually trying to keep my expectations low because you guys have hyped this up to biblical proportions, you know like pure second coming levels of salvation and all that.

Ya know what? Gaijin Games should make a Sonic game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov9zpDvVlI

The first game annoys me so much because I just can't beat the first boss, actually I don't get on with any of their bit trip series for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom