• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
machineroomfixed3.png

Made the machines blue so they don't blend with the background

THATS RIGHT TIGGER, I'M STILL WORKIN' ON THIS GAME >8[

I write stories faster than you 'supposedly' work on your game! You're too slow!

I'm a big fan of Land of Illusion for the Game Gear/Master System... never owned any other Illusion game. I keep putting Castle on my birthday/Christmas wishlists, but it never happens :<

Land of Illusion = World of Illusion > Master System/Game Gear CoI > Genesis CoI > Legend of Illusion.

All of them are pretty great, though.

Great writeup, definitely going to have to give this a try sometime.
Thanks, it's definitely worth playing and I think most like it more than I do so there you go.
I also just finished Luigi's Mansion 2, i'm obligated to write something up about that at some point, the short version is that while it's better than the original and pretty damn good i'm not a fan of how it went and structured itself by comparison.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Knock it off.

Anyway, I think Nocturnowl's Luigi's Mansion 2 impressions kinda make me want to pick it up, but once again, like Mario, I don't feel like it's a huge priority at the moment.

They're very nicely-written, though. You're betting better at this, Nocturnowl.

Knock it off.

Anyway, I think Nocturnowl's Luigi's Mansion 2 impressions kinda make me want to pick it up, but once again, like Mario, I don't feel like it's a huge priority at the moment.

They're very nicely-written, though. You're betting better at this, Nocturnowl.

And I didn't even have to put a link to the post here, I feel kind of honoured for that and also because the much appreciated praise.
I'd say you could wait for a price drop but oh those Nintendo titles and their unwavering prices, though at least this time around Luigi has enough content to meet the asking price.

sibarraz

Banned
Hey guys, Am I missing something with no finishing the adventure games?

I played the first one with all the stages of sonic, but after that, I don't really want to play with the other characters since it seems that all of them are a drag, plus the game really give me headaches, and the second I hadn't touched it yet

But are those games worthy? at least I still had some fun with the sonic stages

qq more

I played the first one with all the stages of sonic, but after that, I don't really want to play with the other characters since it seems that all of them are a drag, plus the game really give me headaches, and the second I hadn't touched it yet

In SA1 IMHO, most of them are fun. If you beat the game as everyone you unlock the final story. SA2's alt gameplay on the other hand... hit or miss, but mostly a miss.

TheOGB

Banned

At least with Adventure 1 you can play who you want when you want, in SA2 you have to play as whoever the story necessitates.

All of the characters in SA1 have different styles of gameplay, so it isn't like playing through the exact same game over and over again. Also, unlike Sonic the rest of the character's story modes are pretty short.

The different characters in SA2 have different gameplay styles like the first game, but unlike SA1 you actually have to play the game as them when the story dictates it as such.

Kokonoe

Banned

SA1 and SA2 are amazing, and anyone who tells you otherwise cannot defeat me in Yu-Gi-Oh! cards so yeah.

Broach

Banned
In SA1 IMHO, most of them are fun. If you beat the game as everyone you unlock the final story. SA2's alt gameplay on the other hand... hit or miss, but mostly a miss.

What's everyone favoruite or rather most tolerated to worst alt gameplay?

For me its:
SA1 Gamma 7/10
SA1 Treasure Hunting 7/10
Werehog 6/10
Amy 6/10
SA2 alt gameplay 5/10
Big 4/10

Kokonoe

Banned
What's everyone favoruite or rather most tolerated alt gameplay?

For me its:
SA1 Treasure Hunting
SA1 Gamma
Werehog
Amy
SA2 alt gameplay
Big

For 3D Sonics

Good

Treasure Hunting
Gamma/Tails/Eggman

Okay

Amy

Mediocre

Werehog

Bad

Big The Cat's Fishing

Makes you want to kill yourself

Silver

What's everyone favoruite or rather most tolerated to worst alt gameplay?

I rather liked Gamma's gameplay in SA1. The "Race against the clock" angle was pretty interesting, and the levels never overstayed their welcome.

I don't particularly care for anything else.

Either way, it's a really random aspect to up and give Eggman. Has he ever been shown fighting for gender equality before? Usually he's too busy flying giant balls into space, releasing ancient evils, blowing the moon up, splitting the Earth apart, building giant space amusement parks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom