• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

I was thinking of the actual novel Twilight...sparkly vampires and all that jazz. (No one read that novel, I did and I want my time back)

I think I write better than her and I'm not even a published novelist yet!

Yeah I figured that's what you meant by Twilight

but he's still giving you ideas! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Just a shot in the dark, does anyone here have a Sonic Boom 2012 shirt they would be up to parting with? Preferably L (XL might work, M may work).

It's the one that looks like this:
7444243686_e74fd37e5b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pfI_XIMKxPk#t=119s

Please PM me if so.

qq more

Excuse the double post:
PROGRAM

OR DIE

When I finish the 3 levels, I shall stream them! I can PM you a link to the stream when it's all said and done if you're interested.

that is of course if I manage to finish them on time

By the way, boss fights should count as levels, right? Considering programming an entire boss is a lot of work.

OMG Aero

Excuse the double post:

When I finish the 3 levels, I shall stream them! I can PM you a link to the stream when it's all said and done if you're interested.

that is of course if I manage to finish them on time

By the way, boss fights should count as levels, right? Considering programming an entire boss is a lot of work.
When I am playing other games, I don't consider a boss fight to be its own level unless you have to actually get to the boss like Act 3 in Sonic 1.

qq more

It can count.

Sonic before the Sequel's soundtrack is too good! Some of these songs are really jazzy...=D
Awesome! Time to make some kickass bosses.

They've been uploading a lot of After The Sequel's OST lately. The game still isn't out unfortunately. But man... the OST so far IMHO blows away BtS's.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know what? I'm getting more out of Dragon Fantasy Book I than I thought I would. I love all of the parodies attached to it, and I realized how much I missed checking bookshelves, drawers, bags, pots, etc. for random text or tools/items. I've missed that stuff so much.

Even the Minecraft one, even though I'm not too familiar with that game (yes, qq more; this game features a chapter where Dragon Quest and Minecraft had a baby).

Sonic before the Sequel's soundtrack is too good! Some of these songs are really jazzy...=D
The Sunset Star tracks were also my favourites overall on the soundtrack. So jazzy and so chill. You see? We can agree on some things!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dragon Fantasy Book has a chapter like Dragon Quest AND Minecraft you say...? Hmmm
More like... "plays like Dragon Quest but the whole chapter has a hell of a lot of references to Minecraft and revolves around you (mechanics/base plot spoilers for that chapter)
capturing monsters like Pokemon (but the Creepers are the best monsters to catch) crafting things to get by faster, and basically doing all of this to save Notch's hat.
".

qq more

More like... "plays like Dragon Quest but the whole chapter has a hell of a lot of references to Minecraft and revolves around you (mechanics/base plot spoilers for that chapter)
capturing monsters like Pokemon (but the Creepers are the best monsters to catch) crafting things to get by faster, and basically doing all of this to save Notch's hat.
".
Sounds awesome.

Hmm, the game looks pretty interesting anyways judging by the snapshots. What platform is it on?

Does anyone remember the sonic fan game where on one level you could go so high that it was above the clouds and all sunny, then if you ran or dropped to the bottom of the stage it was under the clouds and raining?

OMG Aero

Sonic: Before the Sequel. It's the first level!
Skimming through that video brought up something that has always bugged me about Sonic fan games.
Why do 99% of them use the Sonic CD jump sound effect and spinning animation when you bounce of a spring?
I'm not the only one that thinks the Sonic CD jump sound is way worse than the one from the other Mega Drive games and the spinning animation looks dumb am I?

qq more

We need a western based Sonic level.

By western you mean like wild west or more than just that?

Skimming through that video brought up something that has always bugged me about Sonic fan games.
Why do 99% of them use the Sonic CD jump sound effect and spinning animation when you bounce of a spring?
I'm not the only one that thinks the Sonic CD jump sound is way worse than the one from the other Mega Drive games and the spinning animation looks dumb am I?

I've noticed a lot of people here hating that jumping sound. I think it's fine personally.

Wild West or just a western looking level in general, kind of like canyons, buttes, cactus...anything like that at all would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom