• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You live? Go play more PSO2
He needs to work on his game first. He's only got a little more than a week left.

I meant playing it for shits and giggles. :p
You're not going to be giggling unless you've got a group of buddies and/or alcohol along for the ride. Or unless you're Anth0ny.

The PS3 version is also the worst version of the two. I didn't have a choice so it's the version I own~

I never saw the amazing level design people claim this game has. It looks really damn straightforward to me?

Also happy birthday Schala!
It is; the 2D version of the game indicates as such. Very dull level design. It's just a string along.

And thank you, Pietepiet!

Belated Happy Birthday, Schala =3
Thanks, Tizoc!

Generations' platinum is one of the easiest platinum trophies I've ever done, so it doesn't hurt to go for it.

So in looking into the comics, I now own the first two volumes of Legacy and Saga, as well as the first Universe. Are the Selects at all worth grabbing for the specials? I've found the Legacy stuff kind of curiously interesting, but not exactly good. Is the Select stuff at least up to the level of the stuff in Legacy? Also, is any of it more game-based, because those kind of stories have been a bit of a plus, same to the ones that try to be a bit bigger of a story. Mostly it just bugs me that the other comics seem to reference them, but I'm not sure how much filling in those gaps is worth to me.
The special issues are more game-based. Way back they used to do game adaptation issues. Since the Sonic Selects specialize in the Super Sonic Specials they used to do way back then, I think you might be a little more interested in them than the Legacy issues. If you do want to invest in the Selects, I'd go with Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, and Book 6 (I remember liking the Death Egg Saga when I was younger, so I suggested Book 6 for that purpose).

The writing for the regular has gotten much better since then since you don't have certain writers trying to inject more plot than necessary in the comics.

qq more

I think I'll play PSO2 after I'm done programming this enemy's AI. It's giving me a headache, ugh.

Lol the avatars on this page (including mine).

Koko's avatar is reacting to mine with a "what the heck is that thing" face. Tigger's is all smirking and yours is kind of confused or something.

SONIC CD

ALL TROPHIES

ALL EXTRAS

ALL WEIRD SOUND TEST SECRET CREEPY SONIC GIANT ROBOTNIK FACE SECRET

ALL THINGS, DONE

*phew*

Now to never play it again... or sometimes play it, coz it's a good game and that.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
SONIC CD

ALL TROPHIES

ALL EXTRAS

ALL WEIRD SOUND TEST SECRET CREEPY SONIC GIANT ROBOTNIK FACE SECRET

ALL THINGS, DONE

*phew*

Now to never play it again... or sometimes play it, coz it's a good game and that.
I need to get my butt on doing that, myself. I was going to do that last night, but I got sidetracked by the first Sonic racer and I wanted to get some stuff outta the way in that instead. Plus now I feel like playing more MM10.

I should really start SMT: Soul Hackers, though. A few people have been pestering me about it, and I want to see how different this is from the Saturn version.

-foreverignored-
I'm sorry, Koko. *hugs* Thanks for the birthday wishes, btw.

Boogiepop

The special issues are more game-based. Way back they used to do game adaptation issues. Since the Sonic Selects specialize in the Super Sonic Specials they used to do way back then, I think you might be a little more interested in them than the Legacy issues. If you do want to invest in the Selects, I'd go with Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, and Book 6 (I remember liking the Death Egg Saga when I was younger, so I suggested Book 6 for that purpose).

The writing for the regular has gotten much better since then since you don't have certain writers trying to inject more plot than necessary in the comics.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should definitely look into the Selects after all.

tumblr_ml23tmfs7Y1rtfzxno1_500.jpg

Dammit Bunnie, you're one perverted rabbit, aren't you?

qq more

Any SEGA e3 predictions? I'm thinking that project they're going to show at e3 is going to be a gaming tablet. I don't think it'll be an arcade machine since there would be no point in showing that at e3.

Good Pokemon music.

I'm also going to steal your recolors and claim them as my own.

Also: go work on your game.

I don't think Sega won't reveal much at E3 mainly because they usually never do. ...I could be wrong though and I hope I am. WHERE'S THE NEW SONIC GAME, SEGA?! And announce the western release for PSO2 already!

I somehow expected the Mewtwo battle theme from Stadium or a Pokemon GSC song but... this song is just as good! I never really played the card games but I always like this song. So good.

Okay! Okay! I'm going to work on my game! Just let me eat brunch first! ...What should I even eat?

Mmmm hmmm, go do something more productive than working on your game.

what are you doing

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't think Sega won't reveal much at E3 mainly because they usually never do. ...I could be wrong though and I hope I am. WHERE'S THE NEW SONIC GAME, SEGA?! And announce the western release for PSO2 already!

I somehow expected the Mewtwo battle theme from Stadium or a Pokemon GSC song but... this song is just as good! I never really played the card games but I always like this song. So good.

Okay! Okay! I'm going to work on my game! Just let me eat brunch first! ...What should I even eat?

Just imagine if we go this year without a proper Sonic game! This song is actually from the sequel that was only released in Japan, I played it a few months ago and it's pretty good. (just like the first one) Honestly excluding the battle simulator Pokemon spinoffs, TCG and Snap are my favorite Pokemon spinoffs.

You should eat oatmeal because it's the best thing to eat for breakfest. If you can't eat oatmeal than just eat like 10 pizzas.

qq more

Evil obviously.

And Sega won't announce anything because ignoring E3 is the way to go now.
Stop being evil. You weren't evil when we played PSO2.

Just imagine if we go this year without a proper Sonic game! This song is actually from the sequel that was only released in Japan, I played it a few months ago and it's pretty good. (just like the first one) Honestly excluding the battle simulator Pokemon spinoffs, TCG and Snap are my favorite Pokemon spinoffs.

You should eat oatmeal because it's the best thing to eat for breakfest. If you can't eat oatmeal than just eat like 10 pizzas.

Well... at least we have the Sonic After The Sequel coming out soon... Also Pokemon Snap is the best Pokemon spinoff ever. I want a sequel to this and they think there's no point to it because of built-in cameras on handhelds/consoles! Argh! That's not what we play Snap for, Game Freak!

Okay oatmeal it is!

I'm being evil for other reasons.

We need the Wii Print U before we get another Snap game. Along with the Wii Snap U, another freaking useless peripheral that will collect dust. Situate it next to your glossy Wii U so it can take the dust from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom