• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have glasses because I was one of those "sit right in front of the fucking television without any regard for my eyesight" kids. >_>

Turns out that is mostly a myth. The most you can get from doing that is a headache. My parents warned me to not sit close to the tv anyways (they didn't know it was a myth back then) otherwise I would have to end up wearing glasses.

They used glasses as a scare tactic!

Turns out that is mostly a myth. The most you can get from doing that is a headache. My parents warned me to not sit close to the tv anyways (they didn't know it was a myth back then) otherwise I would have to end up wearing glasses.

They used glasses as a scare tactic!

Oh wow, didn't know that at all. (Never got any headaches from that as a kid, though...)

Guess I just have plain ol' terrible eyesight, then.

My father has glasses. My mother has glasses. My grandmother (mother's side) has glasses. My sister has glasses/contacts. My little brother has glasses although he never wears them. Ergo, in my situation at least, it's hereditary.

As for Sega v. Nintendo anime... weird.

Deviantart is going to have a field day.

iJ4TCbBDoJxqk.gif

Actually...I...uh....

...isn't Titanic Tower act 3's music just great? : D

My vision is on Sonic Game Gear game levels of ability to see ahead of you.

Obligatory comment indicating confusion at that anime thing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my, would you look at all that WHY.

God, why.

Three members of SonicGAF have glasses? Are they at least like Robotnik's from Sonic 06?
Robotnik's specs were power level scanners! D:

Modern glasses haven't achieved that level of design yet.

Aww... I'm sad. :(

That boss battle is not the best way to get to the end. What a shame. :/

If anyone's doing 25 Years of Final Fantasy or Metal Gear, I wish them the best.

Glasses that don't even remotely start slipping downward? What is this wizardry? All of my pairs at least slipped a little.

Depends. I'd probably take the original Genesis controller over a 360 controller, for instance. Although, there are several variants of Genesis controller; later ones had a DPad more analogous to the Saturn's (US/EU model 2, JPN all models). I want one of those controllers now, since I love the Saturn's DPad. The stiff one I have for all three Genesis controllers I have access to is competent, but it just doesn't compare.

But yeah, playing the real deal is always fun. S'why I went out of my way for a proper Sega CD, for instance.

Speaking of fun glitches, y'know how in REV00 of Sonic [1], you can hold the C button and it'll prevent Sonic from jumping during the demos? I abused that to make demo Sonic clear the special stage demo. What really amused me was how the special stage demo, when it rolled back around, then started on the second special stage.
I had no idea that it was disabled in Sonic 2 when you brought it up. :O

Well, I just have access to my cousins' old Genesis controllers, one of which is a turbo one which I end up using most of the time (also because the first model Genesis controller doesn't seem to work well and I should probably open it up to clean it, tbh). Do newer controllers omit the central pivot like the Saturn D-pad did, I wonder, or do they stick to their guns with their own designs?

As for glasses slippage, my pair was, like, 7 years old or so, so they slipped constantly and further down my nose than I wanted them to. They lasted for quite a while, but my optometrist advised that it was about time that I get a new pair. :lol

Aww... I'm sad. :(

That boss battle is not the best way to get to the end. What a shame. :/

If anyone's doing 25 Years of Final Fantasy or Metal Gear, I wish them the best.

Yeah, Kyle said there'll be some bonus videos going up, so hopefully we get a better send-off than friggin' Time Eater.

And maaaaaaaaaan. Imagine doing FF, the same way Kyle and Keith did Sonic? LOLOLOLOL. You'd have your friends putting you out of your misery.

I've actually watched every minute of every video, most of them more than once. I AM SO ALONE.

That wasn't me who posted that, but it might as well have been. :lol
:/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
No thanks. :|

Someone needs to do Metal Overlord complete with his Sephiroth costume.

And maaaaaaaaaan. Imagine doing FF, the same way Kyle and Keith did Sonic? LOLOLOLOL. You'd have your friends putting you out of your misery.
There are some people in the FF Anniversary Thread who are kind of doing this but some of them stopped halfway through because of various reasons.

Well, going through every single FF game will burn you out after a while. After FF4, I'm not sure if I'll do another game for a similar reason. I kinda wanted to do FF8 because the story's pretty lol...

Dude's also doing a sweet Modern Metal Sonic mod:

QN4k7.jpg

Which just reenforces my thinking that Modern Metal Sonic actually looks cooler than Classic Metal Sonic. Modern Metal looks more mechanical and detailed in all the right ways. They cartoon-ified Classic Metal too much.

There are some people in the FF Anniversary Thread who are kind of doing this but some of them stopped halfway through because of various reasons.

Well, going through every single FF game will burn you out after a while. After FF4, I'm not sure if I'll do another game for a similar reason. I kinda wanted to do FF8 because the story's pretty lol...

I knew another guy who tried to do this. He wanted to finish all games up to FF13 before the end of 2012. He got to FF3 and went "You know what? Fuck this."

To go alongside our fantastic Sonic Gaf theme of Nocturne I propose we recolour Neo Metal Sonic to make him NeoGAF Metal Sonic and he can be this threads mascot/original character do not steal/shitty friend.

Pietepiet

Which just reenforces my thinking that Modern Metal Sonic actually looks cooler than Classic Metal Sonic. Modern Metal looks more mechanical and detailed in all the right ways. They cartoon-ified Classic Metal too much.

Yeah, totally agreed! I don't like how stubby Classic Metal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom