• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

But I want to play Triple Trouble again! OH WAIT I CAN

But will I ever own a copy of Garfield: Caught in the Act again?

nns3d

I never played Sonic Adventure, but it looks boring as shit when compared to SA2. Also the soundtrack sucks.

il9otY.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But I want to play Triple Trouble again! OH WAIT I CAN

All of those licensed games are probably thrown into the ether now, like the Disney stuff or the Ren and Stimpy stuff.

Oh, did they release Sonic Triple Trouble on the eShop already? :O

And that's why we love it.
Yep. :)

This isn't music. It's lies.

The theme song of the Bioware writers who penned the Mass Effect 3 ending.
Pikawil64 5 days ago
OMG. Hahahahaha!

qq more

Colette sucks. Worst chosen ever.

It just so happens that with almost every Tales game, there's that one character I just don't like. :|

Colette was soooooooooo annoying. Wasn't a big fan of Lloyd either, but he was alright I guess. Never played a lot of ToS since I never own the game.

EDIT: Also, I got Sonic Legacy Vol. 1 and Sonic Selects Book One today. (Along with 2 Mega Man archie comic books!)

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been playing Unleashed a lot lately... Compared to Colors and Generations, it's a pretty hard game to S-Rank... :O

SA1 has one of the best soundtracks of all time, and SA2 doesn't. Both Hot Shelter pieces are awesome stand-bys, but let's not even forget to mention the Lost World music, the Station Square theme (so many manly tears), and a whole bunch more. E-102 Gamma's theme alone is worth the whole fucking soundtrack, because it made me like a robot more than the so-called "humanoid" anthropomorphs in-game. Holy shit.

And I thought SA1 played better, too. Outside of Big and Amy, it was good times (though I was okay with Amy and fine with Big). The visuals have just the right amount of obsolete technical quality and great visual design to be simply memorable.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I've been playing Unleashed a lot lately... Compared to Colors and Generations, it's a pretty hard game to S-Rank... :O

I would really love for them to revisit the "real world locations" style of that game. Some absolutely fantastic visual design.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I played both SA2 and Heroes recently...

None of them hold up, at all. Unresponsive controls and obnoxious level design all around. I got to Tails' first level in SA2 before just giving up. And I don't think Heroes' Sonic can walk in a straight line. :(

Emitan

Both SA1 and SA2 had a great OST. If I had to choose which one is actually better, I'd go with SA1.

Close call though.

They're two different styles so it's hard to directly compare them. SA2 is more rock and rap, while SA1 is more true to the originals.

Sciz

It's not even a matter of style, SA2 just has terribly weak melodies all around outside of a handful of tracks. It's BGM in the worst sense of the term.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
As I said before, both soundtracks are great, but I prefer SA2's soundtrack tbh.

It is partially because it has more rock stuff (which is fun to try to tab out or write chords for), and the rap stuff is catchier than I'd like to admit.

It's not even a matter of style, SA2 just has terribly weak melodies all around outside of a handful of tracks. It's BGM in the worst sense of the term.
Agreed. A lot of the tracks are difficult to remember, which isn't the case with SA1 for me. I also think the stylistic diversity in SA1's soundtrack is enough to beat out SA2's rock focus.

I still have my copy of the Genesis version. It's good and all, but the game it somewhat shamelessly apes, Aladdin, is much better.

I noticed the PC version rearranged the stages and added an exclusive one, though. Kind of wish I got that version, in all honesty - but then, I was just excited to randomly stumble upon a Genesis game in a GAME shop when I was living in England, when the rest of the shelf was Mega Drive. (No idea how that happened, but hell, I'm not complaining.)

Oh, did they release Sonic Triple Trouble on the eShop already? :O
Yup. Emulation's not bad, either. Sunset Park is more of a bitch than I remember it being, though, with those respawning cart enemies that I keep running into, losing a good 30 of my rings when I'm trying to collect 50 and reach the emerald box.

Y'know, aside from the Sonic GG games (specifically 1, 2, Chaos, Triple Trouble, Labyrinth and Tails Adventures), the only games I own for the system are Baku Baku Animal (which I now have a technically superior Saturn version of)... and Land of Illusion. That was a pretty great game. Actually, it was one of the first two games I owned for my GG (the other being Sonic 2, which was also my first Sonic game period - this went over about as well as you'd expect, and yet I still ended up falling in love with the franchise somehow)...

One of these days I should check out the other Disney GG/MS games, but I don't have an AC adapter, and I believe the battery door on my GG busted well over a decade ago... it'd be inconvenient. Not sure if I really want to invest in a Power Base Adapter and check out MS games, either (evidently, those don't even work on Genesis 2s, due to the physical design, and the only redesigned one was only released in Europe, which would probably introduce compatibility issues...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom