• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

The intro of Oil Desert Act 2 is pretty bad, but the rest of the song was alright, but I felt there could of have been more to it.

EDIT: Is it me or are a lot of the level songs pretty damn short in the Sonic 4 Episodes? There's a handful of songs that comes to mind.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
guys

im dying

im dying of laughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt_bww6efX4&feature=relmfu

i cant get enough of the amazing awfulness of this remix (im sure this is the intention too)
Curse whomever came up with these synths!

GFr2h.gif

TheOGB

Banned
Well, that cover is from the Sonic X series, which ended at #40 (so, 4 after the one pictured above). Wasn't too terrible, but it was Sonic X. The Gran Gordo ones were great, though.

Main series... probably best that you stopped where you did. All that up to #219 seems a bit irrelevant now, and only few of all those were really worth reading.

TimmiT

I wonder if it's good that I stopped reading Sonic comics at around 100-107ish.

I stopped when they stopped selling them all around where I am located.

The main Sonic comic was shit until issue 160, where a different writer and artist took over the comic and it actually became pretty decent.

I'm not sure about the Sonic X comic though. From what I've seen it seems to have some silly stuff in there and it takes itself less seriously, I could be completely wrong though.

Tizoc

I wonder if it's good that I stopped reading Sonic comics at around 100-107ish.

I stopped when they stopped selling them all around where I am located.

Start reading from 160+, then read Sonic Universe. The comic has been great these past few years.

Sonic X is a more lighter comic, but has some good stuff in a few issues.
Namely EL GRAN GORDO!

Dear SonicGAF,

tumblr_m39q4iZt5y1r2tdnt.jpg

What.

Sincerely,
Shadow Hog

Oh snaps, are they continuing the Sonic X comic!?!

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh, no. This is my first playthrough of Sonic Unleashed. I was collecting medals since it pretty much said I needed 11 to unlock this Werehog level, even after I went through the trouble to farm medals before hand. There is absolutely no way I would ever try to 100% the medals on this game.

It's strange how the werehog levels for me take about 15-25 minutes to complete, then the day time levels take about 3-4 minutes.

It unlocked some achievements.
Welcome to modern gaming.

Hey those achievements are useful stuff, they can be used to purchase goods!
Is what my brother thought last week when he splurged my remaining MS points on FIFA DLC....somehow this was a conclusion he reached

Hey those achievements are useful stuff, they can be used to purchase goods!
Is what my brother thought last week when he splurged my remaining MS points on FIFA DLC....somehow this was a conclusion he reached

That was Microsoft's original pitch, yeah.

Gamerscore was supposed to be this big deal and how good you were at games was supposed to net you rewards. They tried some of that stuff early on in the Xbox 360 life cycle but quickly discovered people are dirty bastards who will cheat to unlock achievements illegitimately and it's a complicated process to figure out who's cheating and who's legit.

There's a lot of crazy shit in the original Xbox 360 pitch that never came to fruition - like being able to make and sell user-created content. Forza kinda did that, but not really.

But yeah, once Games For Windows Live launched, any hope of anybody taking gamerscore and achievements seriously went right out the window given how easy it is to spoof that stuff. Hell, all of the Games For Windows Bethesda PC games straight up have console commands to unlock achievements. Bethesda never took them out. You want 1000/1000 in the PC version of Fallout New Vegas? You're but a Google Search away.

And don't even get me started on getting 120 Shines in Super Mario Sunshine.

Or 130 emblems in Sonic Adventure on the DC, now that I think about it.

That was Microsoft's original pitch, yeah.

Gamerscore was supposed to be this big deal and how good you were at games was supposed to net you rewards. They tried some of that stuff early on in the Xbox 360 life cycle but quickly discovered people are dirty bastards who will cheat to unlock achievements illegitimately and it's a complicated process to figure out who's cheating and who's legit.

There's a lot of crazy shit in the original Xbox 360 pitch that never came to fruition - like being able to make and sell user-created content. Forza kinda did that, but not really.

But yeah, once Games For Windows Live launched, any hope of anybody taking gamerscore and achievements seriously went right out the window given how easy it is to spoof that stuff. Hell, all of the Games For Windows Bethesda PC games straight up have console commands to unlock achievements. Bethesda never took them out. You want 1000/1000 in the PC version of Fallout New Vegas? You're but a Google Search away.
That's a shame really. Though at least there are sometimes avatar awards because i'm sure as hell not paying to dress up my virtual man.

And don't even get me started on getting 120 Shines in Super Mario Sunshine.

Or 130 emblems in Sonic Adventure on the DC, now that I think about it.
It was one hell of a picture, almost made collecting the occasionally bafflingly hidden blue coins worthwhile! (it didn't)
As for SA, well I did it and the missions on the DX version to nab Metal Sonic, I assume the reward for the emblems in the original game was something in the region of nothing?

While we're talking about shoddy 100% completion rewards, Kirby Canva's Curse and a blue version of the title screen, all it cost me was my sanity getting the final medal off paint roller's mini game/boss, at least I finished with a AAA rank in the end as an exclamation point.

As for SA, well I did it and the missions on the DX version to nab Metal Sonic, I assume the reward for the emblems in the original game was something in the region of nothing?
This is why I specified the original DC version and not the DX version, yeah, because you're right on the money: you got jack. At least they quickly wised up and gave you GHZ in SA2. Shame my saves liked to become unreadable, though; had to restart at least once or twice because of that bullcrap.

TheOGB

Banned
Well getting 100% in Crash 2 didn't really give the most mindblowing ending ever.
...and getting 105% in Crash 3 just gave you a fireworks show.
And I worked damn hard for them anyway.

AWW SHIT, I'm on my way to the mall and I'm probably coming home with 06 and Unleashed. Quick, somebody say something

And I worked damn hard for them anyway.

AWW SHIT, I'm on my way to the mall and I'm probably coming home with 06 and Unleashed. Quick, somebody say something
Can't see why anyone would get 06 at this point. It's not like you need to experience it firsthand to know how bad it is.

TheOGB

Banned
But that's exactly what I need to do.

I WATCHED THE ROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, WITH NO ONE TO HELP KEEP ME SANE BY MAKING HILARIOUS COMMENTARY. I CAN DO THIS GUYS

I have never finished Sonic 06...and Rivals 2. I'm working on the latter these days bit by bit, though part of me wants to finish 06 for the sake that I can personally say why I didn't like it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Sonic 2006 is a game I will never playthrough again. Same goes for Unleashed after i'm done. I'll turn it on every now and then maybe to try some of the more decent levels(unleashed), but I will not continuously put myself through torment.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Who's doing the Sonic 4: Ep 2 OT?

Also, I got my copy of this. I am ready to laugh if it isn't very good.

Games 'n' Go didn't have either game.

Crisis
City
averted
Too bad they didn't have Unleashed. The local Walmart had a lot of $20 copies the last time I checked.

Sonic 2006 is better when you're around other people/drunk (except for the parts involving Silver).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom