• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
8bBdY.jpg

"kill me now"

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You guys...
KuGsj.gif

I love this thread so much.

there has to be a reason you're called dark schala...
In the words of our dear pokecapn: "things change in 12 years, but screen names are forever". I theorized that after CT she ended up losing her mind somehow, and (spoilers for CC and CT DS)
CC and CT DS ended up partially providing proof for that way after the fact, lol

But everyone else's theories are far superior to the truth, particularly the inner battle theories!

HIS HANDS ARE SO WRONG.

Tonight I was driving down the interstate with my ipod on shuffle, and the track for Sonic vs Shadow in SA2 comes on. Man, I felt just like I was chasing that black and red bitch down.

CHAOS SPEAR!

qq more

Nice to see some progress. Would totally love to see the visuals more polished though. (I know I know, last gen game level port). Can't wait to try all of these cool mods.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
So I've finally finished Sonic 06...

The buggiest/most frustrating part for me was definitely the Shadow story. So many glitches and stupid gimmicks (the motorcycle train chase, or the castle level with the boat and towers falling on you with physics that would make a 1998 game proud). The Sonic section was the best part of the game, except for the mach speed sections of course. They were bad, but I didn't have to much trouble going through them.

The Silver section was just boring. It was slow and throwing boxes at the enemies got old after the first fifteen minutes.

OH AND I COMPLETED THE LAST STORY WITHOUT GETTING ONE GAME OVER. Felt like a champ.

Make a level with water running like the snow place in unleashed and it would work, or even a throwback to the intro of sonic 3 surfing to a beach.

I really hated how the music drowned out shadow and sonic's dialogue in the cutscene before their big fight.

Like what the hell man.

That sound mixing is that game is almost as bad as the sound editing

*music drowning out Shadow's dialog*You're not even good enough to be my fa-I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

OMG Aero

Let's Play 20 Years of Sonic Pt.124 - Sonic Unleashed (16/16)
Man I love that trend that Sonic 2006 started of the final phases of the last bosses using orchestrated versions of the main theme. Also I think this episode is the first time I have ever seen anyone actually
fail the x60 QTE, I was really hoping it would put them back at the start of the Super Sonic boss.

And not going to lie, I was legit disappointed after this game
when Chip's ring didn't become a part of Sonic's character design going forward when that was clearly what they were setting up.

But hey, at least after this Kyle and Keith can move on to the good Sonic games...

Yeah I thought the ring would at least stay on his wrist, combining it with his light speed dash ability... bracelet.. thing.. but that got tacked off too. Oh well, Sonic's design works best without him wearing random stuff.

qq more

In Sonic fangaming news, SAGExpo 2012 has finally announced their date. August 6th.

Nice to know everyone has 2 fucking months to make their demos. FUCK.

Lijik

I honestly don't remember that. Guess I'll pay attention to it when I play that HD rerelease.

Having recently watched the Runbutton LP of it, its way worse than I remember. One scene in the Final Story has Eggman saying something important, and without subtitles youd never know what it is since the music is cranked up to 11

TheOGB

Banned
when Chip's ring didn't become a part of Sonic's character design going forward when that was clearly what they were setting up.
Yeah. After actually playing through the whole thing, Chip is, as ridiculous as his story is, probably one of the most meaningful shitty friend Sonic's ever had outside of the mainstays.

Though I will say I'd be glad if scrapping that avoided going down a 'Jak & Daxter -> Jak 2'-esque path.

Yeah I thought the ring would at least stay on his wrist, combining it with his light speed dash ability... bracelet.. thing.. but that got tacked off too. Oh well, Sonic's design works best without him wearing random stuff.

Sonic would be PIMPED after adventure 2 as it is lol

Having recently watched the Runbutton LP of it, its way worse than I remember. One scene in the Final Story has Eggman saying something important, and without subtitles youd never know what it is since the music is cranked up to 11

You're comparing yourself to me? HA! You're not even good enough to be myfILL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Let's Play 20 Years of Sonic Pt.124 - Sonic Unleashed (16/16)
Man I love that trend that Sonic 2006 started of the final phases of the last bosses using orchestrated versions of the main theme. Also I think this episode is the first time I have ever seen anyone actually
fail the x60 QTE, I was really hoping it would put them back at the start of the Super Sonic boss.

But hey, at least after this Kyle and Keith can move on to the good Sonic games...
I sing along to the orchestrated versions. It's a very nice way for the game to come full-circle. :)

Generations didn't have a theme song, so it's logical that the boss theme would be original (though it's very very very very very good that they added the custom soundtrack feature since the final boss theme in that game was lacklustre compared to the ones that came before. I used What I'm Made Of).

With regards to the x60 QTE, I can honestly see people failing it if they don't play games often and aren't used to tapping a button a hell of a lot of times. I have to tap it with my left middle finger or left index finger since they work faster than my right thumb, for example. Actually, I think pokecapn brought it up before.

Can't wait for them to move onto Black Knight. That'll be fun.

You guys. Even if it's dangerously flawed, I really loved Unleashed, or at least, its premise as a game with setpieces that relate to things in our society. The level designs, music direction, and art direction ended up being very refreshing.

Yeah. After actually playing through the whole thing, Chip is, as ridiculous as his story is, probably one of the most meaningful shitty friend Sonic's ever had outside of the mainstays.
I agree. Chip wasn't really that bad.

And those ending scenes, I felt, were done better with the Japanese seiyuu. I prefer Sonic in English, but Chip's seiyuu voiced the lines very well.

EuroMIX

I preferred the characters cutting each other off to some extent because it made the dialogue feel more natural, especially between the rivals, but it seems obvious to me now that the English dub struggled to fit within the scenes and animation properly. Some lines would have been better if the cut-ins were placed differently.

Generations didn't have a theme song, so it's logical that the boss theme would be original (though it's very very very very very good that they added the custom soundtrack feature since the final boss theme in that game was lacklustre compared to the ones that came before. I used What I'm Made Of).

Bad news: you're out the thread. Hand in your badge and your post count.

Sonic Boom was the right answer btw

TheOGB

Banned
People, please!

Anything other than the actual Time Eater theme is fine.

I beat Perfect Chaos the first time and Time Eater the third with Green Hill Zone

EDIT: Adabat is so gorgeous. Yet so painful. :'D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Bad news: you're out the thread. Hand in your badge and your post count.

Sonic Boom was the right answer btw
Okaaay. I used Sonic Boom for when I beat the game for the first time. Then Live and Learn as I was learning how to get the no damage trophy. Then What I'm Made Of for getting the no damage trophy.

Am I redeemed yet? D:

Okaaay. I used Sonic Boom for when I beat the game for the first time. Then Live and Learn as I was learning how to get the no damage trophy. Then What I'm Made Of for getting the no damage trophy.

Am I redeemed yet? D:

...I'll let it pass. I guess.

(To be honest it's not completely garbage but repeated instances of hearing it have pretty much eroded any good qualities of the song for me. Like most Crush 40 songs not called "Knight of the Wind" or "It Doesn't Matter")

I rarely used anything but the default music for mostly everything in Generations, except for Speed Highway, where I have it set to It Doesn't Matter.

Lijik

Are we talking about Crush 40 songs now? Because Race to Win is the secret best Crush 40 song. Pure cheese perfectly wrapped up in a minute so it never gets moldy. Just the right amount

Open Your Heart is also something I've heard way too much.

Can I nominate Live and Learn as the greatest title screen theme in the series? The blast you hear when you reach the title screen instantly gets you pumped. It works so well because you could be on the title screen for like 2 seconds and the music still works perfectly.

Open Your Heart is also something I've heard way too much.

Can I nominate Live and Learn as the greatest title screen theme in the series? The blast you hear when you reach the title screen instantly gets you pumped. It works so well because you could be on the title screen for like 2 seconds and the music still works perfectly.

This is all very true. I agree, best title theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom