• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

mm04

I ordered a white one. It's funny because when I tried to make an account, it said my address was already in use. After signing on, I noticed in my order history that I imported Wonderful Days dvd back in 2004 heh. I still have the dvd.

Captain N

I wasn't sure if I wanted to import it, but now with Uncharted having rumble I think I'll have to pick that bad boy up.

Loving this new Canadian dollar. Pre-ordered a ceramic white DS3 from yesasia and since the price was in US dollars and converted to canadian, I got a deal online for the first time instead of getting raped.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just noticed that yesasia still has both versions for pre-order. Their policy is to give you those early pre-orders on the release date, but it seems a bit odd to me that play-asia would run out so quickly and yesasia wouldn't. Guess we'll see.

andy_lhc

AstroLad said:
Just noticed that yesasia still has both versions for pre-order. Their policy is to give you those early pre-orders on the release date, but it seems a bit odd to me that play-asia would run out so quickly and yesasia wouldn't. Guess we'll see.
The thing with yesasia is they just open the booking for preorder without actually counting the allocation that they are getting....Meaning there is a chance you may not be able to get it..I have some bad experience with them before regarding the preorders of certain games...:(

El-Suave

I preordered (and prepaid) a white one from a reputable Ebay seller. It's not easy getting Asian Sony stuff from the usual sources (Playasia etc.) when you live in Europe.
YesAsia is OK (got my two Kill Bill Limited Editions from them) but from my experience expensive.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
andy_lhc said:
The thing with yesasia is they just open the booking for preorder without actually counting the allocation that they are getting....Meaning there is a chance you may not be able to get it..I have some bad experience with them before regarding the preorders of certain games...:(

I see. Well I'll just take my chances I suppose. Pre-ordered pretty early and it's not exactly something I'm dying to get my hands one DAY ONE so hopefully it works out.

kaleii

Just placed my order on a white one (thanks for the coupon). Gawd, I just hope I don't get shafted by the Swedish customs.

Flek

Banned
just got a mail from yesasia

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for your support to YesAsia.com.

With reference to your order --------- containing "PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller (Ceramic White) (Japan Version)" we would like to inform you that the manufacturer, Sony, has confirmed that this product will not be available in sufficient quantities on its release date due to high market demand. Further quantities will be produced daily after the release date, and we will fulfill outstanding orders as we receive stock. However, we cannot anticipate how long this will take, and currently hope to fulfill all orders by the end of December 2007.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused from the delay and we assure that we will do our best to ship all orders quickly and safely once they are ready for shipment.

Please do not reply to this email directly. Should you have any further inquiry, please kindly refer to our Customer Support Section at http://www.yesasia.com/help/Enquiry.aspx? lang=en.

Best regards,
Customer Service Department
YesAsia.com
Within Continental US:
+1 866-440-8388 (Toll Free Phone)
+1 866-451-8388 (Toll Free Fax)
Within Canada: +1 866-468-0889
Within UK: +0800-051-6800
Other Countries: +852 2522 1227(Hong Kong number)

omg FUCK

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Flek said:
just got a mail from yesasia

omg FUCK

Yep, I got that message too. Screwed as predicted. There's something to be said for pre-selling only what you reasonably expect to get at release. Well I got my order in quite early so maybe I'll get it a decent time after release.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Flek said:
i ordered it on october 20th but damn i hate this shit .....

Oct. 11 here, but we'll see. There were a lot of people pre-ordering from them since Play-Asia ran out instantly.

Nightz

Wow, glad I got in on Play-Asia's deal before they stopped taking pre-orders. I do regret getting the black one over a white one though. Would anyone be willing to trade their white DS3 for a black DS3? :D

I've ordered 8 Dual shock 3 controllers...4 Black and 4 White.
I'll ship them to Europe, so if anybody is having problems importing them just PM me...

Nightz

DJmizuhara said:
I've ordered 8 Dual shock 3 controllers...4 Black and 4 White.
I'll ship them to Europe, so if anybody is having problems importing them just PM me...
Would you ship to the US? :|

Elios83

I'm quite surprised to hear that there will be shortages on the controller :lol :lol I thought they were delaying the DS3 in Europe and US to get rid of Sixaxis before making DS3 the new standard controller but it seems like things aren't this way.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
careful said:
Same here. :(

Everyone got it. They're just saying that they way oversold their pre-orders, which was obvious from the fact that they were still selling them for weeks after Play-Asia stopped taking them. Of course they could have mentioned this beforehand, but :lol.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
:/, no credit card means no import for me. my friend is in japan from tomorrow until the 9th, hope it becomes available and he can pick one up for me

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Maggot9 said:
NOVEMBER 11TH

wow, i got owned hard then :( oh i just remembered, after that he is in Hongkong till the 19th, dunno if hongkong will get it the same time as japan tho -_-

I ordered mine on the 12th October, I'll probably just get my cousin who lives in Osaka to send one back. :D

That's if he's still there then, works/worked for Nova.

marwan

Banned
so.....is there any site i could order the controller from? or is it out of stock due to limited supply? ...i can't believe we're getting excited about a vibrating controller! :lol

Dante

Please come before Uncharted. Please come before Uncharted. Please come before Uncharted. Please come before Uncharted.

Well I fucked up. I jumped on the DS3 the day playasia started taking preorders, so its shipping out Nov 12 and will take 7-10 days. I ordered it so that i could better enjoy R&C but I beat it. Is Uncharted the only other major game that will have rumble this year? The only games I'm looking at from here til school starts again is Uncharted, GT Pro, AC, and maybe kane and lynch

careful

BelligerentOC said:
Well I fucked up. I jumped on the DS3 the day playasia started taking preorders, so its shipping out Nov 12 and will take 7-10 days. I ordered it so that i could better enjoy R&C but I beat it. Is Uncharted the only other major game that will have rumble this year? The only games I'm looking at from here til school starts again is Uncharted, GT Pro, AC, and maybe kane and lynch
Yeah, wanted to get the DS3 before playing R&C, but I couldn't wait any longer, so I started it without rumble.. :(
I'm only on the third planet so far, so I might just stop for now and get a rumble-less game like COD4 for stop-gap.

kikonawa

what ya expect actually? its just a dualshock2 with sixaxis support...

btw, i have 16 DS3s coming over next week .. muhuhaahuaha

Top Bottom