• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pictures confirms ‘UNCHARTED 2’ is happening.

Also mentioned were Jason Reitman’s “SNL 1975,” about the build up to the premiering of “Saturday Night Live,” the sequel to the Tom Holland-starring action-adventure “Uncharted,” and the much-hyped live-action adaptation of Nintendo’s hit video game franchise “Zelda,” coming off the phenomenal success of last year’s “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” with Universal.

Last edited:

Killer8

Missing a boatload of money not having a game coming out alongside this, like The Last of Us did with the remake coinciding with the TV show.

At least put out a 4K update of the Nathan Drake Collection.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
First one wasn't bad. If you forget it's based on the Uncharted games and turn your brain for the final act then it's an average action film.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
giphy.gif

Švejk

Banned
I watched it expecting the worst, I was shocked to find that it was dumb fun for me. I didn't hate it.

But now, DEFINITELY expecting the worst.

Place your bets.. I'm going all in...

Elena will not be White.. But if she is, they'll shoehorn something else in there; she's bi, or has a gay brother/sister .. It'll be impossible that they do the pseudo love triangle between her and Chloe in this clown age. God forbid a White man actually be in love with a White woman over another race. How dare they. 🙄

I'm really happy gamers ususally don't buy games if they aren't at least somewhat good. The same cannot be said for movies. Mark Wahlberg is terrible in action movies. I can't think of one that i like. Shooter is probably the closest to being watchable

Last edited:

Zannegan

It's the same lads who made Morbius and Madame Web. That will explain any logic gap you have
Aww man. I just saw Madame Web, and I don't think I've ever seen a less coherent mess of an origin story in my entire life. It made Catwoman look competent.

nial

Missing a boatload of money not having a game coming out alongside this, like The Last of Us did with the remake coinciding with the TV show.

At least put out a 4K update of the Nathan Drake Collection.
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection was released alongside the movie.

Killjoy-NL

First movie was kinda fun as a sort of lazy sunday movie.
Never gave a shit about Uncharted, so the bar was low for me.

So, I'm cool with a sequel.

MrRenegade

Banned
It's the same lads who made Morbius and Madame Web. That will explain any logic gap you have

Aww man. I just saw Madame Web, and I don't think I've ever seen a less coherent mess of an origin story in my entire life. It made Catwoman look competent.
Madame Web was quite ok. I don't know why they hammered that movie so hard. Dakota Johnson carried the whole movie on her shoulders and it worked, plus the visuals and cinematography was purrfecto.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I'm really happy gamers ususally don't buy games if they aren't at least somewhat good. The same cannot be said for movies. Mark Wahlberg is terrible in action movies. I can't think of one that i like. Shooter is probably the closest to being watchable
Big Hit was kind of funny like 30 years ago.

Big Hit was kind of funny like 30 years ago.
I was so close to writing, except The Big Hit. I didn't because it is such an underrated movie. Lou Diamond Phillips is amazing in that movie. Plus, Wahlberg is good in that role because he plays it funny. He weirdly has good comedy chops(Ted, The Other Guys, Pain and gain). Terrible at drama or anytime he has to be taken serious

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I was so close to writing, except The Big Hit. I didn't because it is such an underrated movie. Lou Diamond Phillips is amazing in that movie. Plus, Wahlberg is good in that role because he plays it funny. He weirdly has good comedy chops(Ted, The Other Guys, Pain and gain). Terrible at drama or anytime he has to be taken serious
He crushed it in The Departed though! It's a good mix of comedy and drama in that role.

Milquetoast is the definition of the story in the first and second games.
For sure. Just in terms of being entertained though. Like that most recent D&D movie; Totally predictable but it was just a fun watch in the theater (at least to me it was). Rarely do I expect greatness, just want to be entertained. I totally get it if people enjoyed the Uncharted movie but growing up with Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Romancing the Stone, etc. Uncharted movie was bland as hell in a bad way for me.

Boss Mog

In today's agenda shoving landscape, the first movie was a breath of fresh air, it reminded me of action/adventure movies in the 90s, you know, when they were fun.

I'll go see the 2nd one for sure.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
I found the first surprisingly enjoyable. Since Indiana Jones is basically dead now, good for Sony to take its place with Uncharted.

Top Bottom