• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Lot of questions there. I'll try my best but most of what I'm telling you is stuff I've kind of figured out myself so not 100% sure if it's true or just me imagining things.

-Each element seems to have its own diminishing returns for Hell status

-I like to think that inflicting hell status is easier with an element the boss is weak against rather than harder with an element that it's not weak against :)

-Not sure whether ally element interference exists, I've stopped using them :/

-Using evasion offerings and it replaces the roll animation with w/e animation the evasion is. e.g: wing feather thingy makes you teleport instead of roll.

-Single Homing spells have a significantly longer range than tri, at the cost of less damage. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether this is more useful or not for yourself.

-Not sure about golems since I don't use them much, but I think you need to start trying to obtain higher level ones to make them last

For a list of all offerings and SE/LEs go to this site and type in w/e you need.

SE/LE + and ++s are a pain but later on you'll get a sigil that will increase the likelihood of gaining these. The effect is called Sacrifice/Save Amp. Very useful

And that's all I have. All of this I've figured out myself, so it's not 100% certain.

Thank you! very usefull, especially the seperate diminishing returns. The single homing spell range makes sense too:)

I still don't get the use of the evasion ones, since roll gives you several invincibility frames anyhow, so I wonder what makes the burrow anything other than just a token animation change.

dkoy

Thank you! very usefull, especially the seperate diminishing returns. The single homing spell range makes sense too:)

I still don't get the use of the evasion ones, since roll gives you several invincibility frames anyhow, so I wonder what makes the burrow anything other than just a token animation change.

The burrow animation increases the invincibility frames by a small amt of time
i think
while the teleport evasion has almost no recovery time and you can spam it for greater mobility, which is what i do :)

How do you... communicate in coop

the whole going through pages of preset lines thing is far too obtuse, akward and slow for the pc gamer in me :(
Sigh, I never end up playing coop or online in in console(and now vita) games because it's hard to communicate.

Is there no voip or something:\

How do you... communicate in coop

the whole going through pages of preset lines thing is far too obtuse, akward and slow for the pc gamer in me :(
Sigh, I never end up playing coop or online in in console(and now vita) games because it's hard to communicate.

Is there no voip or something:\

Not sure if the game supports it (for the randoms) but you can do it natively through the vita with the Party app

Ok my gamefly copy came today. I did the first mission where I had to kill 5 things. It really didn't explain the combat system at all so I'm just hitting random buttons from the bottom right >.>

Alric

I played a lot of the Demo but for some reason I am just now getting back to playing. Oh man did I forget how dark and amazing the story is. I love listening to every word the narrator says.

PSN - Myrkridian

Add me and hopefully once I start upgrading my spells I can play online some.

Ken

someone please tell me that in delta they make it so you dont get forced into an appearance when you go heavy into one side alignment

Still making my way through the SP. Just fought
final form Illecebra
. Shit took me like 20 minutes!
Toughest fight thus far...

Grinchy

Banned
The dual illecebras fight is the only reason I don't have a plat for the game. I only actually tried it a few times but I could see it was going to be frustrating and just didn't feel like going through with it.

I really wish I had done the easy trick before the patch took it away.

ZeroAKA

The dual illecebras fight is the only reason I don't have a plat for the game. I only actually tried it a few times but I could see it was going to be frustrating and just didn't feel like going through with it.

Luckily, the next easiest trick is probably never going to be patched. People underestimate the tanking abilities of a 99/1 build.

cyborg009

Banned

You have to fight her twice.

I think I added you on PSN but I'm not sure. Me frost and agent fought her like 6 times because of the branching paths.

Grinchy

Banned
Luckily, the next easiest trick is probably never going to be patched. People underestimate the tanking abilities of a 99/1 build.
Yeah I could do a defense build like that, but I did a 1/99 build already and took it down to 11/89 or something. Switching completely to 99/1 would be quite a grind.

I think I added you on PSN but I'm not sure. Me frost and agent fought her like 6 times because of the branching paths.

Probably did, but I end up trimming down my friend list from time to time, especially when I buy a new game and am more active on it. I still have a list full of TLoU people I used to play with that I need to trim down haha. I can't imagine going through that fight more than twice. You guys are nuts lol

cyborg009

Banned
Yeah I could do a defense build like that, but I did a 1/99 build already and took it down to 11/89 or something. Switching completely to 99/1 would be quite a grind.

Probably did, but I end up trimming down my friend list from time to time, especially when I buy a new game and am more active on it. I still have a list full of TLoU people I used to play with that I need to trim down haha. I can't imagine going through that fight more than twice. You guys are nuts lol

That feel when you fail the mission after 30 minutes of fighting .... and my Excalibur didn't hit :(
edit: need art book

tumblr_mtr6j2rnkv1rmyt8ho1_1280.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So, finally playing this.. just getting done with the 1st part of the game.. but I'm not liking this whole book tutorial thing.. the writing is atrocious.

What point does it get better? I just sacrificed that girl.

It get's better right?

leroidys

So, finally playing this.. just getting done with the 1st part of the game.. but I'm not liking this whole book tutorial thing.. the writing is atrocious.

It get's better right?

I would say it get's better, but not by magnitudes.

What problems are you having with the writing?

hurzelein

It get's better right?

If you don't like it, stop playing it.

I think it gets better and the story in its whole is varied and very enjoyable. But if you don't like it at all right now, I don't think you will have a lot of fun.

ZenaxPure

Calling the writing atrocious is a tad hyperbolic, it's not bad... it's just there. Honestly I think the way they frame the story (prisoner reading a diary) is really interesting. I am actually interested in the characters as they rolled them out, and, I especially love the other heroes section which is basically a bunch of different short stories focusing on other characters. They've all been interesting so far.

I've been playing this A LOT over the past week (broke my ankle and am not at my consoles/pc very much) and I am really enjoying it myself. The gameplay started out a bit rough (felt/looked like a button masher to me) but once I started getting abilities and seeing the possible synergies between them all I've been hooked. Almost ready to fight to big bad dude I'm pretty sure.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Calling the writing atrocious is a tad hyperbolic, it's not bad... it's just there. Honestly I think the way they frame the story (prisoner reading a diary) is really interesting. I am actually interested in the characters as they rolled them out, and, I especially love the other heroes section which is basically a bunch of different short stories focusing on other characters. They've all been interesting so far.

I've been playing this A LOT over the past week (broke my ankle and am not at my consoles/pc very much) and I am really enjoying it myself. The gameplay started out a bit rough (felt/looked like a button masher to me) but once I started getting abilities and seeing the possible synergies between them all I've been hooked. Almost ready to fight to big bad dude I'm pretty sure.

So far, it's not hyperbole to call the writing atrocious. The idea of the book, and the prisoner thing is interesting.. but man.. the writing in the journal.. so bad.

I'm enjoying the combat.. so I'll stick with it. But, no I'm not using hyperbole with regards to the writing. I actually real life cringe at the writing... and I can forgive a lot.

Shengar

The only lore that I actually really like and appreciate is Cerberus. It is probably the most well written lore in the game. Unlike most other archfiend, the guard captain have reasons behind his wrongdoing or vice. He feel treathened about his own existence and feel of belonging to the town because he is a guard captain there, proud one at that, and there is no point protecting a ghost town. The irony of being killed by his own citizen he supposed to protect is what make the Chalice appearance feels more appropriate and sinister, as it let the guard captain to ignore his own fault, and continue to indulge in his fantasy of "protecting" little town.

Foofaraw

Is this still the PS plus game for vita? If so, I need to track down a new PS plus code. I am excited to get some Vita hunting going on.

Baliis

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92440714 said:
I know this might be a stupid question to ask, but how do I do that awesome dash move (like delsins) that everyone online is doing? Is it a spell, sigil or what?

It's probably the Evasive spell you get from the Elven Queen, makes you do a sort of teleport instead of a roll when you dodge.

It's probably the Evasive spell you get from the Elven Queen, makes you do a sort of teleport instead of a roll when you dodge.

thanks, I'm at cerberus right now (can't beat him) should I have gotten it by now or is there still a bit to go? Also, how the fuck do I beat cerberus, Magusar is completely useless in that fight.

ZeroAKA

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92447284 said:
thanks, I'm at cerberus right now (can't beat him) should I have gotten it by now or is there still a bit to go? Also, how the fuck do I beat cerberus, Magusar is completely useless in that fight.
Put up a shield when he charges up to you. That will knock him over for a few seconds, giving you a chance to spam your attacks.

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92447284 said:

use your shield when he charges at you and it will knock him down so you can pummel him a bit. Note that as his life gets weaker he recovers way quicker from that so you have to find other openings as well (eg the attack where he stands still for a bit, just stay out of his range.).

Also AIs are mostly useless in the game (especially against monsters that are aggressive and do a shitton of damage like Cerberus) and they add more life to a monster due to their presence so don't carry them if you think you can handle it.

Finally got around to playing this game, courtesy of PS+....

About 3-4 hours in so far, and I've got to say: the story is unbelievably good--much better than I was expecting. I haven't really sifted through the past 100 pages of this thread, but surely there are others who've loved this story as much as I have(?). In fact, I'm surprised I hadn't seen any nods to the story elements back when the game first came out. It's been like a cross between Crisis Core and Dark Souls for me, what with the music, emotion, and gameplay of the former, and style/tone of the latter--and it's just as compelling as those two had been for me.

That said, does the story begin to decline after everything with Sortiara, or something? What can I expect? Also, in terms of length (excluding filler content), what am I looking at?

leroidys

Finally got around to playing this game, courtesy of PS+....

About 3-4 hours in so far, and I've got to say: the story is unbelievably good--much better than I was expecting. I haven't really sifted through the past 100 pages of this thread, but surely there are others who've loved this story as much as I have(?). In fact, I'm surprised I hadn't seen any nods to the story elements back when the game first came out. It's been like a cross between Crisis Core and Dark Souls for me, what with the music, emotion, and gameplay of the former, and style/tone of the latter--and it's just as compelling as those two had been for me.

That said, does the story begin to decline after everything with Sortiara, or something? What can I expect? Also, in terms of length (excluding filler content), what am I looking at?

I thought the lore and the story were great. I think it would be really cool if Sony tried to make a coherrent "Souls" universe for their first party high fantasy titles.

Story gets different after Sortiara. There are side-story missions, the main story takes a different bent, and there is a legitimate twist.

ZenaxPure

Story gets different after Sortiara. There are side-story missions, the main story takes a different bent, and there is a legitimate twist.

What twist are we talking about? I feel like there are a couple different ones that are pretty good. The final "revelation", though, at the end of the game was really obvious, I figured as much from about halfway through the game or so.

Still, I finished it a couple of days ago and I thought the story was very cool as well. More than anything they did a really good job at making this world that just seems like the shittiest place to live. People turning into monsters and magic that is controlled by sacrificing others, but it forces you to absorb their memories/feelings that has negative effects on the body. Not to mention the whole black rite thing which is just physically fucked up.

This ended up being another one of those cases of "thank god I had PS+" because there is no way I would have ever bought this game in a million years, but it turned out to be one of the better games I've played in a while. I'm working on the platinum now.

What twist are we talking about? I feel like there are a couple different ones that are pretty good. The final "revelation", though, at the end of the game was really obvious, I figured as much from about halfway through the game or so.

Still, I finished it a couple of days ago and I thought the story was very cool as well. More than anything they did a really good job at making this world that just seems like the shittiest place to live. People turning into monsters and magic that is controlled by sacrificing others, but it forces you to absorb their memories/feelings that has negative effects on the body. Not to mention the whole black rite thing which is just physically fucked up.

This ended up being another one of those cases of "thank god I had PS+" because there is no way I would have ever bought this game in a million years, but it turned out to be one of the better games I've played in a while. I'm working on the platinum now.

*High-five*

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but can I get the "Thy Strength Runneth Over" trophy using a neutral build? I want to make a 50/50 build and if I need to go 99/1 or 1/99 to get all the trophies I'm going to be bummed...

Aaaand I finally defeated Magusar (^___^)

I
saved. What happens when you sacrifice?

Been playing it nonstop since October. Need a bit of a break :)

Vamphuntr

Playing this thanks to PS+. Had my Vita for about a month. I really like the lore and the plot. Game seems a bit grindy and pits you against the same monsters again and again..

Online multi is also a graveyard unfortunately. I'm having fun so far but hopefully there will be more diversity later on.

Vlodril

Playing this thanks to PS+. Had my Vita for about a month. I really like the lore and the plot. Game seems a bit grindy and pits you against the same monsters again and again..

Online multi is also a graveyard unfortunately. I'm having fun so far but hopefully there will be more diversity later on.

Also got it with plus and started playing it. Sortiara is kicking my ass if i decide to save her unfortunately. guess no option like that.

Does the online part start afterwards? If any new folks are european or get up early i guess in us add me. Same psn as my nick.

Wanted to add i really like the world building so far and the music is top notch.

Top Bottom