• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

IvorB

Don't worry too much about rankings. Just play through the game normally and consult the wiki if you're looking for specific offerings that require Legendary/Divine Sorcerer. Remember that most offerings can be fused together to form a higher tier.

You know what? You're right. I went and picked on a boss with obvious elemental weaknesses (Jack Frost) and tried for that elemental hell. I got counters, chain attack, fast quest, attack cursed part, destroy cursed part etc etc but still second rate :-(. *Sigh* I'm just going to keep playing how I was playing as I was enjoying it and don't care about rankings but my offerings needed updating. I will check the wiki to see what I need to get the new offerings I want. I've been rocking the same golem for ages now...

IvorB

Cerberus is really pissing me the fuck off. I know how to dodge all of his attacks but I still keep dying for some reason.

Cerberus is the man. A Boss among bosses. It's all about the shield with him though. If you block his charge that can be your only opening.

You know what? You're right. I went and picked on a boss with obvious elemental weaknesses (Jack Frost) and tried for that elemental hell. I got counters, chain attack, fast quest, attack cursed part, destroy cursed part etc etc but still second rate :-(. *Sigh* I'm just going to keep playing how I was playing as I was enjoying it and don't care about rankings but my offerings needed updating. I will check the wiki to see what I need to get the new offerings I want. I've been rocking the same golem for ages now...

The two biggest ones for me which make everything a lot easier were unscathed (150) and godspeed quest (100). Lump on some obvious ones like archfiend vulnerability (50) and archfiend sacrifice (30) and you're already at 330.

I have a falcon feather (M) which I pretty much always have active - makes it far, far easier to avoid damage. Combine that with heavy use of explosive and throw spells and I can hammer away at enemies with little to no risk.

I have a sigil that restores some of my health when I sacrifice something, is there a sigil that renews my offerings when I save something?

Technically, the sanguine offerings fill that. Apparently they're really good if you can dump a lot of health into them - and the health loss from those don't count against the no-damage / etc. bonuses.

I have a sigil that restores some of my health when I sacrifice something, is there a sigil that renews my offerings when I save something?

IIRC their is a sigil but it will just give you more health when you save instead and another sigil that heals both ways (save and sacrifice). I don't remember if any renews offering though

Mondriaan

IIRC their is a sigil but it will just give you more health when you save instead and another sigil that heals both ways (save and sacrifice). I don't remember if any renews offering though
It probably wouldn't make thematic sense for such a sigil to exist. Being able to recover health while renewing offerings makes the abyssal path the easier path, but that does make a kind of sense given a world where black magic is basically king.

Eccocid

Anyone at euro zone who are new to game?
I got vita last week and don't have any friends :(
L 9/ M 12 right now
Add me! Psn id GimmeCat

Cha

Still a long time before people in EU and US regions get this, but more DLC trailers are up.
Iron Maiden (4 July 2013, Japan)
ibXQ71Hkc3ffC.jpg

iLrooXE3AmHXb.jpg

That covers all of the Silhouettes for the dlc roster

Romulus and Cert
Romulus Trailer (18 July 2013, Japan)

Cert Trailer (18 July 2013, Japan)

Gameplay against Cert>
Gameplay against Romulus and Cert>

Also, don't know if the Toukiden and PSO2 costumes are old news or not.
Heres a vid announcing it> http://youtu.be/2q5JoeTGFjw?t=7m38s (One of the players is using the PSO costume too later in the video)
ibnKJ4Xv3LfoPw.jpg

repeater

Hi guys, could someone give me some pointers on what offerings to use on Illecebra
in her archfiend form in the story
? I tried searching the thread but most discussions seemed to be specifically on how to beat dual Illecebras (gulp) in the Avalon Pacts. I've figured out how to avoid her attacks fairly OK, but I feel like my offerings just aren't hitting hard enough to kill her before I slip up somehow. Damn Magusar is worthless as well, I wish I could at least sacrifice him..

Hi guys, could someone give me some pointers on what offerings to use on Illecebra
in her archfiend form in the story
? I tried searching the thread but most discussions seemed to be specifically on how to beat dual Illecebras (gulp) in the Avalon Pacts. I've figured out how to avoid her attacks fairly OK, but I feel like my offerings just aren't hitting hard enough to kill her before I slip up somehow. Damn Magusar is worthless as well, I wish I could at least sacrifice him..

Try get the M versions of your offerings if you can by boosting your extras or fusing.

Use Eggs and if you have one somehow a Blanket (can cause the various elemental hells if the creature gets enough damage) though I don't think you will since one drops after you beat her. Also you can use a shield to block her charging attack plus use your black rite if you got her life down enough.

Overall just keep avoid her attacks (use minds eye to block her petrify attack), hit her with yours and try to renew your offerings when you can (either from the field or the enemies since she can kill the mooks pretty easily for you).

Abylim

Gaf, i beseech thee!
Help me on dual illecebra, or atleast the two missions she is blocking. I have been patiently waiting for my bestie to level up and help, but he isnt.

PSN : Abylim add me if you can.

Abylim

Well, not that anyone probably cared, but got the plat! Went 50/50, got some nice force sigils, and I did it! Took me about 15 minutes to defeat dual illecebra, but I did it, twice!

Much easier to play this game when you can take a few hits >_<

Just got my Vita today...together with SS. Haven't even boot up the game yet..still in the midst of downloading.

Tips for a newbie please?

Just got my Vita today...together with SS. Haven't even boot up the game yet..still in the midst of downloading.

Tips for a newbie please?

- Get a good MC.
- Buy PS+. Download all the freebies.
- There are many good games which could be had for cheap nowdays.
- Get $50 and download some of the DD only games.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was looking for Soul Sacrifice tips for a newbie...
Focus on boss enemy weak points (for breaks, and chance at boss offerings), counter attack enemy grunts by waiting until they're about to strike (for bonus points), and level your arm to 40/40 before you commit to any one side (for the Black Rite spells).

blackflag

So after playing and not liking the demo several months ago....must have been in a weird mood....I recently replayed it and bought the game.

How do you guys recommend I start playing online? Last night I could find no rooms with noobs in it and it seems like quick match doesn't even attempt to group you with other low levels.

ZeroAKA

So after playing and not liking the demo several months ago....must have been in a weird mood....I recently replayed it and bought the game.

How do you guys recommend I start playing online? Last night I could find no rooms with noobs in it and it seems like quick match doesn't even attempt to group you with other low levels.
Host your own room and name it something like "Avalon 3" or "Level 15" to let people know you're a new player.

Cha

Was wondering, has anyone here ever heard any whispers from the Peddler? I've never acquired any information from that option in the menu. Does it work at all?

On another note, Chapter 9 - Gemini Illecebra has handed my ass to me so many times now ;_;

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Patch 1.20 up for U.S.
Changelog was posted in a Gamefaqs thread. I bolded and italicized my favourite changes:

New Fellow Sorcerer Chapter

MP updates:
You can now check players 'Magic and Life level" from the online room list.
Online room names can be longer.
You may now change an online room's settings from within the room itself.
You will now receive a notification when you become the host in a new room.
You may now check the pacts page from within an Online room, even if you are not the host.
You may now check other players' details even after readying for a quest.
Added more quickly selectable phrases to use in chat during quests.
The chat display will now open automatically when a joint cast spell or an area healing spell is initiated
In quest functionality: During quests, a compass will now display the general direction of enemies, allies, and archfiends.
You can now skip the animation that plays at the start of a quest by tapping the screen
When a joint cast spell or an area healing spell is initiated, all players will be notified with an icon.

Portraiture changes:
The "select offerings" menu layout has been changed.
A warning message will now appear when consuming boosted offerings in the "fuse offerings" menu
You may now check offering rewards, in addition to the pact title and monster name, from the list of phantom quests. use the triangle button to toggle the info.

Lore:
"sanctuarium" has been added as an entry in "history and myth"

Other:
The version of the game can now be seen on the title menu
Other minor changes have been implemented

Bug fixes
Other minor bugs have been fixed

Took a few screens of this week's Soul Sacrifice update. The new Fellow Sorcerer quest (which goes from 7-9 stars in difficulty) line includes the Luna Wastes stage. It's a nice looking area. The spinning orbs in the middle of the stage activate a pulling field every once in awhile that lasts a good 30 seconds.

Friendly AOE spells now appear on screen, which is incredibly handy. My SO is full Divine so that's a huge boon.

An unmentioned change - they fixed the rating system for North American versions. Divine rank is gone, Legendary is now the top rank and they added Third-Rate. I think it's now in line with every other version, and matches the trophy requirements.

ajim

The update is nice!

Quick question - I think I'm maxed out on Offerings. When I finish a quest it tells me the offering rewards I have will be discarded because I have no space, or something to that effect.

How do I free up Offering space or something?

ZeroAKA

Quick question - I think I'm maxed out on Offerings. When I finish a quest it tells me the offering rewards I have will be discarded because I have no space, or something to that effect.

How do I free up Offering space or something?
Fuse the offerings. Just so you know, that doesn't mean you're completely out of offering space in your inventory. It only means that you've reached the max number (99 IIRC) for that specific offering, and only that will be discarded.

J0dy77

I'm having a hard time getting into this game but not for lack of trying. It may be that I'm just missing some key mechanics and could use some help figuring it out. Most of the time I find myself running around spamming heal in a corner, constantly getting caught loading a weapon and spamming the same thing over and over. Then looking for recharge to avoid breaking weapons.

Right now I am pretty balanced, 10 health 11 magic power up. Should I be going one way or the other? Why are most of the right arm power ups that I have greyed out? I can't seem to understand the requirements.

Not sure if there is a noobie guide that I am missing. I usually enjoy figuring games out for myself but it is becoming tedious to find myself logging in.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stay balanced until 40/40 to get the final Black Rites.

Press triangle on the arm sigil you can't equip to view their requirements. SE are earned from sacrificing, LE from saving.

Changelog was posted in a Gamefaqs thread. I bolded and italicized my favourite changes:

New Fellow Sorcerer Chapter

MP updates:
You can now check players 'Magic and Life level" from the online room list.
Online room names can be longer.
You may now change an online room's settings from within the room itself.
You will now receive a notification when you become the host in a new room.
You may now check the pacts page from within an Online room, even if you are not the host.
You may now check other players' details even after readying for a quest.
Added more quickly selectable phrases to use in chat during quests.
The chat display will now open automatically when a joint cast spell or an area healing spell is initiated
In quest functionality: During quests, a compass will now display the general direction of enemies, allies, and archfiends.
You can now skip the animation that plays at the start of a quest by tapping the screen
When a joint cast spell or an area healing spell is initiated, all players will be notified with an icon.

Portraiture changes:
The "select offerings" menu layout has been changed.
A warning message will now appear when consuming boosted offerings in the "fuse offerings" menu
You may now check offering rewards, in addition to the pact title and monster name, from the list of phantom quests. use the triangle button to toggle the info.

Lore:
"sanctuarium" has been added as an entry in "history and myth"

Other:
The version of the game can now be seen on the title menu
Other minor changes have been implemented

Bug fixes
Other minor bugs have been fixed

Took a few screens of this week's Soul Sacrifice update. The new Fellow Sorcerer quest (which goes from 7-9 stars in difficulty) line includes the Luna Wastes stage. It's a nice looking area. The spinning orbs in the middle of the stage activate a pulling field every once in awhile that lasts a good 30 seconds.

Friendly AOE spells now appear on screen, which is incredibly handy. My SO is full Divine so that's a huge boon.

An unmentioned change - they fixed the rating system for North American versions. Divine rank is gone, Legendary is now the top rank and they added Third-Rate. I think it's now in line with every other version, and matches the trophy requirements.

never understood the ranking change in the first place, especially since it fucked with the other regions and the trophy info.

Also another change is that the picture when you start/boot the game is different now (shows a group of players fighting a Valkyrie(?) )

Haven't fully tried the new sorcerer path yet but with the small story so far its interesting to finally see the other side of the coin making an appearance.

Novocaine

Maybe someone can help me out here. I played a few missions online a while back and I'm stuck with this problem

Those 2 maps I played below Royal Riposte were done online and totally out of order. Now I can't access them. Anyone know if I can fix that? Ugh, Maybe I should just start again.

repeater

How the
FCUK
am I supposed to beat dual Illecebra? I had decided on plating this game (which I very rarely do) because I've enjoyed it so much, but now both my dedication to plating it and my enjoyment of the game is vanishing rapidly. It just feels like a hugely unfair fight.

ZeroAKA

How the
FCUK
am I supposed to beat dual Illecebra? I had decided on plating this game (which I very rarely do) because I've enjoyed it so much, but now both my dedication to plating it and my enjoyment of the game is vanishing rapidly. It just feels like a hugely unfair fight.
If all else fails, you can always level to 99/1 (or close to it) so that you're basically invincible. My battle using a 90/10 build took about 40 minutes though.

Cha

Wow, this thread moves at a snails pace :p Just completed all of the numbered Avalon Pacts. Saved Leviathan for last, and went in with a 65/30 Divine. Really enjoyed that fight! Felt like such a badass, taking that monster head on, while the 1/99Dark Arm players I was with kept on dying and hiding most of the time.

While Leviathan was an awesome battle, I still rank the 2x Illecebra as the most challenging pact to complete (that I've come across so far). What's everyone elses worst nightmare pact?

DigitalOp

Banned
I need some stronger offerings.

But to get them you have to beat harder pacts.

But you can't beat harder pacts if you have weak offerings....

Anybody have a way around this??, I go online when I can and that helps sometimes.

played dual illecbra online and god damn it we were close :(

I honestly fucked up on my contribution (one of my important offering was broken from the start of the match and I used the eye Black rite too early and had to suffer the consequences) but was making it still work with the crew until it finally went to shit.

I need some stronger offerings.

But to get them you have to beat harder pacts.

But you can't beat harder pacts if you have weak offerings....

Anybody have a way around this??, I go online when I can and that helps sometimes.

- try to boost and fuse your offerings to make new one and/or stronger versions of existing ones. Grind older pacts if need be to get more dupes

change your build type by removing levels from either side

high save: damage sucks but you have plenty life/defense (can win with pure attrition)
high sacrifice: attack/damage ridiculous but your defense is shit (can win by not getting hit too much plus a defensive spell to help eg Stone armor)

learn everything you can about a monster so you can defend yourself properly

use your sigils to give you buffs and other stuff (you might have some decent ones that could help)

cyborg009

Banned
Wow, this thread moves at a snails pace :p Just completed all of the numbered Avalon Pacts. Saved Leviathan for last, and went in with a 65/30 Divine. Really enjoyed that fight! Felt like such a badass, taking that monster head on, while the 1/99Dark Arm players I was with kept on dying and hiding most of the time.

While Leviathan was an awesome battle, I still rank the 2x Illecebra as the most challenging pact to complete (that I've come across so far). What's everyone elses worst nightmare pact?

phoenix X Griffin was just awful for me

Grinchy

Banned

1/99 is a pain in the ass

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
phoenix X Griffin was just awful for me
I think this was the worst for me too. I was able to split dual Illecebra in co-op pretty easily, but the Phoenix X Griffin stage is so damn small that you can't avoid their attacks (and Griffin's blind) without good communication.

Grinchy

Banned
I think this was the worst for me too. I was able to split dual Illecebra in co-op pretty easily, but the Phoenix X Griffin stage is so damn small that you can't avoid their attacks (and Griffin's blind) without good communication.

My brother was actually at my place one weekend with his Vita when we did that mission. Being able to talk to each other so directly over adhoc was so key for that fight.

cyborg009

Banned
My brother was actually at my place one weekend with his Vita when we did that mission. Being able to talk to each other so directly over adhoc was so key for that fight.

I always use party chat when playing soul sacrifice its just that the mission took over a hour and we didn't beat it on that try.

Top Bottom