• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Cha

phoenix X Griffin was just awful for me

I think this was the worst for me too. I was able to split dual Illecebra in co-op pretty easily, but the Phoenix X Griffin stage is so damn small that you can't avoid their attacks (and Griffin's blind) without good communication.

Also had problem with these guys. Matches took forever until I discovered that both of them are suckers for (Spoilering in case people don't wanna know)
Lure magic.
To keep Phoenix hovering low, have someone constantly use Blue Fruit of Lust. You can have a Golem hammering away at phoenix when it's distracted, while others throw ice magic like crazy to try and freeze it.
The Griffin can be brought down from flight by using the Miserly Coinpurse lure offering. Keep a Golem close, and attack with throw magic from far, because the griffin will send a force blast with its wings after picking up the gold.
These lure offering don't last long once an archfiend gets to them, so you'd need to roll in and recast these offerings (close to your golem) as soon as these lures disappear if you want to keep archfiends from attacking. Takes some co-ordination, but not impossible to do online with a few SMART random teammates.
Cuts down the time of these battles greatly.

Edit: Oh hey, Top of page - Here's an image of an AI character being sacrificed for being utterly useless. Fun times.
ibraIhw3xTH4cQ.jpg

Tailzo

I'm in Europe, and I'm having troubles connecting online. Sometimes the game will just load for a while after I search for rooms, then quit and I have to restart. Sometimes I create my own room, I'm waiting and after some time loading, the game sends me back to the main menu.

Is this a common problem?

Cha

I'm in Europe, and I'm having troubles connecting online. Sometimes the game will just load for a while after I search for rooms, then quit and I have to restart. Sometimes I create my own room, I'm waiting and after some time loading, the game sends me back to the main menu.

Is this a common problem?

I've had minimal issues online. Very rarely do Network errors occur. Sometimes it happens when I stray too far from my router. But it's usually when I am joining a room, not when searching for one. Can you not get into matches at all, or just frequently? If you could connect perfectly fine before, than maybe just a temporary connection issue. Do other games work fine online (on Vita)?

Just finished that Phoenix X Griffin quest online and holy shit!!!!! I don't think I would bother try that shit solo :/

took us over an hour with a man short, but the victory was so damn sweet.

I'm seriously having trouble getting into this game.

-So many spells and I have no idea which ones are best.
-No idea how to farm for a decent sword. I have a decent idea how I want to play my character. I want one main heal, 2 melee weapons. 2 ranged, and 1 armor. Yet I can't for the life of me figure out which are the missions I should farm for these items. I have a 4 hour a day round trip commute via train so time isn't even a factor. It's just no idea what to do.

-Multiplayer seems empty as hell. Or everyone outlevels me.

Any suggestions? Should I not even worry about spells and just grind levels? I'm 17 light/12 dark

I hate fighting in Luna Wastes. If you get knocked down it's basically over. Get to watch the AI run in place until they get killed when the suction is on.

rCIZZLE

Are there any guides that explain how to correctly play this game? I'm on "Destinies Past" yet have no idea what sigils mean, how to get them, and what effect they have on the game. Also no clue about how to grind, whether I should be leveling life or magic, or much else. Guess MH type games are really that different from what I've ever played before lol.

I'm obviously unequipped for the current missions since they take 15-20+ minutes at least to complete. Plus I can never use any "short" offerings on bosses since I get insta-knocked down.

ZeroAKA

Are there any guides that explain how to correctly play this game? I'm on "Destinies Past" yet have no idea what sigils mean, how to get them, and what effect they have on the game. Also no clue about how to grind, whether I should be leveling life or magic, or much else. Guess MH type games are really that different from what I've ever played before lol.

I'm obviously unequipped for the current missions since they take 15-20+ minutes at least to complete. Plus I can never use any "short" offerings on bosses since I get insta-knocked down.
This one seems decent: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/05/soul-sacrifice-the-ultimate-guide/

Don't use melee attacks. Stick to the ranged offerings instead.

Err... use those dandelion bombs and range attacks

If wraith is hard for you then cat sith is going be hell.

Crap, haha. Well I am probably really underleveled. I was purposefully not getting any DLC until I beat the main game, but apparently Wraith is DLC? It must have come with a version update.

Regarding melee, I still find it really useful against human enemies because they can be knocked down repeatedly.

I have a question for you guys.

I like the look of the game. I love Japanese dark fantasy and action games. Plus, I'd like to have something to play on my Vita. But the thing is, I really don't care for online multiplayer. Pretty much the only games I play online are the two Souls games.

So is Souls Sacrifice still fun if you play offline? Also, does it have tons of time wasting grinding?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I have a question for you guys.

I like the look of the game. I love Japanese dark fantasy and action games. Plus, I'd like to have something to play on my Vita. But the thing is, I really don't care for online multiplayer. Pretty much the only games I play online are the two Souls games.

So is Souls Sacrifice still fun if you play offline? Also, does it have tons of time wasting grinding?
Yes, it's a ton of fun to play offline. Sometimes more so (it's a fun challenge to not have NPC or player allies for some fights). It has grinding, for essences (boss drops which are used to apply sigils [stat boosts]).

Dragoshi1

Redownloaded the demo.

The first time I played the demo, I didn't grasp the mechanics behind combat and the save/sacrifice system. I left off against the 2nd harpy fight, when it took me 54 minutes to kill.

Now, I took time to embrace everything, and the same Harpy went down in 12 minutes. Now, I'm genuinely enjoying myself.

So I'll be picking this up this weekend. Does it have an online pass or something? My local Gamestop doesn't have it new, only used.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Redownloaded the demo.

The first time I played the demo, I didn't grasp the mechanics behind combat and the save/sacrifice system. I left off against the 2nd harpy fight, when it took me 54 minutes to kill.

Now, I took time to embrace everything, and the same Harpy went down in 12 minutes. Now, I'm genuinely enjoying myself.

So I'll be picking this up this weekend. Does it have an online pass or something? My local Gamestop doesn't have it new, only used.
Yup, it has an online pass. I'm not sure you can even use all the free DLC without it.

Yes, it's a ton of fun to play offline. Sometimes more so (it's a fun challenge to not have NPC or player allies for some fights). It has grinding, for essences (boss drops which are used to apply sigils [stat boosts]).

Ok, I might give it a try. Thanks. :)

Kurod

Banned
The news of the new SS has got me hyped enough to start playing again. Gotta get that plat before delta comes out. Hehe

The news of the new SS has got me hyped enough to start playing again. Gotta get that plat before delta comes out. Hehe
I had a recent resurgence of interest for it as well, oddly enough a day or two before the SSD (oh crap, not two SSD games! Super Stardust and now Soul Sac!) comes out. My friend limit is maxed I believe, at least until the "upgrade" comes, if it ever does. That plat doesn't seem too unreasonable.
i guess it's time I got back to this. but lol I think I am really bad at this game
I know we are friends, feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me on! I'm 36/44 right now, once I hit 40/44 I plan on going all Dark, get that trophy, then backing down to11/89. But let's go!
Brah we can play together!
Catch me on steam, two bad soul sacrifice players are better than One!
I have maybe 3 games on steam, but I'd sure like to be a part so I can have a much larger friends list of Gaffers..

FINALBOSS

Banned
So.....I just bought this. Been debating it for a while and it's the second game I've bought for my Vita (which I've owned since day 1--haven't really been playing since I mostly wanna play at home. And then when I'm finally home I end up dicking around on the consoles or PC instead, lol).

With that said, I'm excited. And scared.

So...welcome me I guess.

Is the Soul Sacrifice community still active? Both here and online MP?

Final DLC is up on the store. Downloaded it and tried the find the memory quests you have to do to unlock the actual quests, got annihilated on my first attempt at the first one, nearly got annihilated on my first attempt at the second one. Not looking forward to actually fighting these guys.

Kurod

Banned
Final DLC is up on the store. Downloaded it and tried the find the memory quests you have to do to unlock the actual quests, got annihilated on my first attempt at the first one, nearly got annihilated on my first attempt at the second one. Not looking forward to actually fighting these guys.

Yeah these last fights aren't even against monsters but rather the very gods that created the sacred chalice. I imagine it's pretty brutal.

Yeah these last fights aren't even against monsters but rather the very gods that created the sacred chalice. I imagine it's pretty brutal.

Yeah, I fought them and it went about as poorly as expected. One of my AI partners was taken out like four seconds after the quest started.

dkoy

Once I platinum P4G i'll come back to this. Currently at 40 blue 60 red but still deciding on whether to go full red or blue. Any suggestions? I've mainly gotten SE but if going full blue is actually better I wouldn't mind grinding LEs (gotta get that golden costume anyway)

Grinchy

Banned
Once I platinum P4G i'll come back to this. Currently at 40 blue 60 red but still deciding on whether to go full red or blue. Any suggestions? I've mainly gotten SE but if going full blue is actually better I wouldn't mind grinding LEs (gotta get that golden costume anyway)

I'm 1/99 right now and you die if anything even sneezes near you.

Seriously though, I find that I have to be very choosey about my sigils if I want to fight anything that can hit me, and then it feels pointless to have my level structure because my attack isn't high anymore. But I'm sure a pure divine build goes through the same thing (having to use attack sigils).

dkoy

I'm 1/99 right now and you die if anything even sneezes near you.

Seriously though, I find that I have to be very choosey about my sigils if I want to fight anything that can hit me, and then it feels pointless to have my level structure because my attack isn't high anymore. But I'm sure a pure divine build goes through the same thing (having to use attack sigils).

hmm maybe I'll stick with 40/60 for now then but that makes me lean towards going 99/1 and farming the LEs for blood offerings.

ZeroAKA

Siliconera has a bunch of new screenshots for Soul Sacrifice Delta, including new bosses from Grimm's fairy tales.
Three Little Pigs:
souldelta02.jpg

Hansel and Gretel:
souldelta03.jpg

Little Red Riding Hood:
souldelta07.jpg

Snow White:
souldelta15.jpg
The graphics look closer to native-res this time around.

Just got confirmed, and I'd love to get back into SS multiplayer. I'm pretty sure I'm around levels 23/6 (haven't played a lot recently; KZ:M's and Uni have taken up a lot of my time), but I'd love to play with some of you lot.

If my info could get added to OT list, that would be wonderful: Chronology/gmrtom7 (NA)

ZeroAKA

Soul Sacrifice Delta official site is up: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrificedelta/

Just got confirmed, and I'd love to get back into SS multiplayer. I'm pretty sure I'm around levels 23/6 (haven't played a lot recently; KZ:M's and Uni have taken up a lot of my time), but I'd love to play with some of you lot.

If my info could get added to OT list, that would be wonderful: Chronology/gmrtom7 (NA)
Added, although I don't think many people browse this topic anymore. :(

cyborg009

Banned
Sorry Kyleripman didn't reply to your message my vita wasn't charged for the game. But we can do Friday when the next dlc comes out.

Just got this game a few days ago, lots of fun once the game mechanics click, half the fun is figuring out how to try to 100-0 stunlock bosses with elemental hell/knockdown/destroying weak spots in the right order.

I can see how garm junnalists gave this game low scores since you can also blunder your way through every mission slowly and painfully if you play it all wrong. Definitely my favorite vita game so far.

Does anyone who semi recently started need a coop partner?
I'm lvl 23/35 and at 5-6star missions right now.

Question for veterans: Is there any place where I can find tips/advice/detailed mechanics for all the offerings or force/elemental/hell status etc?
These things seem hard to google,it comes up with lots of people with similar questions, very few answers:p

Some example questions:
- does each element have seperate diminishing returns for hell status? I know you can only hell 2 times with one element before it becomes really hard to do a third. But since many bosses seem hard to hell to begin with (using tri spells, the arrow offering from centaur and starting to try blankets) it's difficult to figure out the underlying mechanics.

-related: is it harder to inflict hell status with an element the boss isn't weak against? What about bosses who aren't weak to any element

-also related: do npc allies using different elements mess up my attempts to inflict hell on a boss? say I'm spamming tri frost and the npc is using venom or something else, will it take away from my invisible frost stacks/reset them making it harder to get the boss stunned?

-how on earth do you use the evasion offerings, do they have a purpose (I'm only about halfway in the game but I'm starting to wonder)

-about blood magic, I seem to only have found two types (during the demo... save carried over to full game) and then no other spells whatsoever.
Any advice on using it effectively? I'd feel better about using it if I understood the underlying mechanics.

-Is there any point to using the single homing elemental spells (not the tri ones), they have fairly low damage (70) and I assume inflict hell MUCH slower (3x more casts needed?)
I tend to only use the eggs or the rising punches to shatter hell status since they do much more damage than the single homing spells.

-my golems seem to get destroyed by the boss almost instantly at times?

Since the game has no dmg numbers and no health bars (unless you're sacrificed) it is very hard to figure out the effectiveness/damage/usefullness of each spell and underlying game mechanics.

Thanks in advance

dkoy

Lot of questions there. I'll try my best but most of what I'm telling you is stuff I've kind of figured out myself so not 100% sure if it's true or just me imagining things.

-Each element seems to have its own diminishing returns for Hell status

-I like to think that inflicting hell status is easier with an element the boss is weak against rather than harder with an element that it's not weak against :)

-Not sure whether ally element interference exists, I've stopped using them :/

-Using evasion offerings and it replaces the roll animation with w/e animation the evasion is. e.g: wing feather thingy makes you teleport instead of roll.

-Single Homing spells have a significantly longer range than tri, at the cost of less damage. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether this is more useful or not for yourself.

-Not sure about golems since I don't use them much, but I think you need to start trying to obtain higher level ones to make them last

For a list of all offerings and SE/LEs go to this site and type in w/e you need.

SE/LE + and ++s are a pain but later on you'll get a sigil that will increase the likelihood of gaining these. The effect is called Sacrifice/Save Amp. Very useful

And that's all I have. All of this I've figured out myself, so it's not 100% certain.

Top Bottom