• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park, Metro: LL, Company of Heroes 2 all delayed, THQ looking for cash options

Corto

The crazy thing about South Park being delayed that far is that it already has preorder bonuses
url]

There are pre order bonuses for Company of Heroes 2 also, and that game never had tentative release date even.

Derrick01

Banned
They just said that if they released it on time it would have been a disaster.

A sales disaster maybe. They pussed out of March and let's be honest it'll probably get delayed again. If we assume GTA comes out in May then where's the time frame for them to release it in april-june? Probably only a short window in April.

Crawl

Have we learned anything about Homefront 2 since its been announced? I know crytek UK is working on it. Maybe next gen title?

An entire extra year ? really ? How could it take THAT long to make a south park rpg that plays like a 16 bit final fantasy game.

Fiscal year =/= calendar year.

Damn, no Q&A on the conference call.

And no more revenue guidance, ever. Wow.

Jesus, they cancelled the Q&A session. They are not in a position to answer any questions. Call is over.

Shortest earnings call ever? Sure seems like.

And to think, at one point these guys had SpongeBob and were #3 in the market (I think)...

A sales disaster maybe. They pussed out of March and let's be honest it'll probably get delayed again. If we assume GTA comes out in May then where's the time frame for them to release it in april-june? Probably only a short window in April.

Well yeah but he said that the game wasn't looking to hit their quality targets for the launch date.

Haint

From the conference call:

-Darksiders 2 below expectations
-Saints Row 3 5 million shipped

If they shipped 1.4 million, wonder what they were expecting. My guesstimate was 2-3 million units by the end of the calendar year, they may come somewhat close to 2 million with Wii U and Holiday sales.

Recon

Banned

They said in the release it is early 2014 now...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@mmmfutter 2:17 PM
Anyone else notice that the email from THQ about their 3rd Quarter performance came from someone who is no longer there?

Stuart444

Will they last til the end of this year? Or even til South Park gets released?

All I can really say is that I wish the company and employees luck and hope they can last...

Surely at least South Park would find a new home? It's got a pretty good buzz going for it. I think Last Light and CoH2 will be fucked if THQ dies off, though.

@mmmfutter 2:17 PM
Anyone else notice that the email from THQ about their 3rd Quarter performance came from someone who is no longer there?

Wut?

TriGen

Damn. South Park was one of my most anticapated games. Oh, well. Good thing next year looks good for games.

Glix

Total bummer, but the writing was on the wall big time ever since they announced what they needed Darksiders II to do.

I don't remember the #, I just remember it being preposterous.

Surely at least South Park would find a new home? It's got a pretty good buzz going for it. I think Last Light and CoH2 will be fucked if THQ dies off, though.

Wut?
Nah, all three would be picked up. If the licenses were cheap, and the dev costs relatively low, somebody would step in. Especially if they got the franchises.

Derrick01

Banned

I'm sure a few big guys would be interested in South Park. The question is would they be on board with the way everything's being done now? Like if EA jumped in I'm sure they would try to change something, because they're EA.

I personally hope Square Enix chooses to save it like Sleeping Dogs. South Park has a lot more hype going for it though, the media picked it as one of the few high points of everything at E3.

Kifimbo

So, basically if you want THQ to survive, buy Darksiders II or WWE 13 now.

They should do a 'Save THQ Pack' on Steam. 25$ for all THQ games.

Anth0ny

2014???

holy fucking hell. south park was my most hyped game for next year after Metal Gear Rising. Might as well put it out for PS4/720 as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nah, all three would be picked up. If the licenses were cheap, and the dev costs relatively low, somebody would step in. Especially if they got the franchises.

South Park would definitely get picked up but I don't know about the other two. I want Metro to survive but I'm not sure who would go for it.

Mindlog

I was somewhat taken aback by the circumstances surrounding the CoH 2 pre-orders.
Not even holding a Q&A session!

That's a whole new level of alarmed.

Crawl

So, basically if you want THQ to survive, buy Darksiders II or WWE 13 now.

They should do a 'Save THQ Pack' on Steam. 25$ for all THQ games.

Someone get Gabe on the line stat!

EDIT:

Since i can't make threads, If Thq were to go bust, who would you want to see pickup their developers? What publisher do you think would be the best fit for each developer?

Relic - Square Enix

Southpark - To be finished / published by Bethesda

Vigil - Square Enix

Volition - Hmm maybe 2k?

Maybe someone can save these games once THQ goes bust.

From a business perspective, I don't know who the fuck would want Metro. I think it would be completely fucked. Slim chance for CoH2. Very good chance for South Park.

Surely THQ will do everything it can to get to South Parks release date, and hope those sales would be enough to float by. But, I think it's pretty clear they're fucked in the long run.

They'd already be in the dirt if it weren't for Saints Row. Sure they were hoping Darksiders 2 would keep them going, then it underwhelmed. Now they're fucked again. They can't just keep going game to game hoping to make enough to just get to the next one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm sure a few big guys would be interested in South Park. The question is would they be on board with the way everything's being done now? Like if EA jumped in I'm sure they would try to change something, because they're EA.

I personally hope Square Enix chooses to save it like Sleeping Dogs. South Park has a lot more hype going for it though, the media picked it as one of the few high points of everything at E3.

Quick, someone phone Iwata!

I'll support a South Park kickstarter if they want money up front.

AHA-Lambda

I wonder what the 10 in-development games are?

Homefront 2
Turtle Rock Studios game
South Park
Metro: Last Light
Company of Heroes 2
Saint's Row the Fourth
next WWE game (?)
Dawn of War 3 (?)
the former Warhammer MMO (?)
??

The Patrice Desilet game?

This is certainly disappointing news but not unexpected in the case of South Park given it's lack of media since E3. Will THQ even survive until the end of 2013? =/

EDIT: woah forgot that, reading this thread, I'll be amazed if these 3 games come out the way some of you are all talking D:

Certainly sounds like Darksiders is a dead IP now too. No recording of the webcast available? I missed it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I want Metro to see the
last
light. :(

Goddamn, I want to see what idiots are funding them so badly. They cannot possibly last for another year with their current market position.

Top Bottom