• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

h3qQrXB.jpg

Those faces say New York City to me. Raimi's high school scenes just had a bunch of white people. Granted, those movies never focused on school life, but still, it's nice to see a wide range of faces.

http://i.imgur.com/h3qQrXB.jpg

Those faces say New York City to me. Raimi's high school scenes just had a bunch of white people. Granted, those movies never focused on school life, but still, it's nice to see a wide range of faces.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! And Queens itself is one of the most diverse areas in the world.

Edwins

Any given Harry Potter movie had dozens of credited actors. As many of the actors we've heard about are probably students and teachers, that's probably a reasonable franchise to compare this movie with. Bloated? Way too early to say that. A couple of classroom scenes alone would require more than a few actors to be cast.

Any given Harry Potter movie had dozens of credited actors. As many of the actors we've heard about are probably students and teachers, that's probably a reasonable franchise to compare this movie with. Bloated? Way too early to say that. A couple of classroom scenes alone would require more than a few actors to be cast.

Seriously. Marvel has compared this to John Hughes movies and on the last page we already have Kenneth Choi playing what looks to be a teacher. If Parker is in class for good chunks of this film then his teachers and classmates are going to be more than just extras.

Mando = Kraven?

I like it

oh shit dollar store tom hardy too, he was aiight in prometheus. pretty interesting cast overall. i pray hannibal and martin starr are teachers at the school or something.

Just a note about Logan....I thought he was just another handsome face (Worthington, Jai, etc) until I watched him in Alamo Films "The Invitation".

Dude fucking knocked it out of the park.

Whatever you think of that movie, I for one loved it, the whole thing rested on his performance as a possibly crazy, grief stricken man and he stole the show. I'm really looking forward to some meatier roles from him in the future

Nesotenso

so are we going to see Spidey's cast as we know them or is this thing going to completely change everything? Spidey's supporting cast is one of the best things about the character.

number11

It's gonna get to the point where it's gonna be a struggle to find an actor who isn't part of the Marvel / DC / Star Wars universe

El Topo

At the rate they are casting this will change quick but I just threw this together to try and get an overall picture of the cast lineup

A bit of a sausage fest, almost like DeutschGAF. Wonderful to see such an ethnically diverse cast though. That is one great cast.

His major supporting cast didnt come until he was in college

Theyre not changing anything. Simply filling in blanks with new characters.

Thats what people wanted all these years right? Less raceswaps, more original characters

Edwins

I imagine they're aging down some of his supporting cast to now be in high school with him ("Michelle" may in fact be Michelle, for example).They may also use some characters that originated in other continuities (Kong).

Edwins

Which John Hughes movies are the best and will probably resemble this the most? I want to watch one.

This movie is about a science whiz that (in traditional versions, at least) has trouble with the ladies because of the other things he has going on in his life.

Which Hughes film does that resemble? It has to be Flubber. Watch it now.

Aunt May is "way too young." By a greater margin.

I'd still peg him as Miles.

They're going to sit on Miles until Peter is a 35 year old tech billionaire bankrolling the Avengers and he needs to take on a protege.

Then Miles will pass the mantle to Mayday Parker. Then it will likely actually be 2099, so Miguel O'Hara will get his turn.

Pachimari

I don't know if it'll resemble it all that much but Ferris Bueller's Day Off is his best film.

This movie is about a science whiz that (in traditional versions, at least) has trouble with the ladies because of the other things he has going on in his life.

Which Hughes film does that resemble? It has to be Flubber. Watch it now.

Weird science. It has a young Tony Stark.

The vibe will probably end up being a combination of Ferris Bueller and Breakfast Club. I'd recommend watching both since they are great films

Thanks for these suggestions guys! I'll check them out.

Top Bottom