• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

How would the Daily Bugle work this day and age? I think it would have to be modified a bit to fit in since not a lot of people read newspapers anymore. I think something like from Fox News, TMZ, or something like the many late night TV shows could work.

Daredevil had a newspaper that seemed to still be influential. Maybe print readership isn't down in the MCU for whatever reason.

Pachimari

Keep it a newspaper really, they got newspapers in Daredevil, why not here. And I don't know if it's only in Scandinavia but newspapers are free here so they are everywhere.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Keep it a newspaper really, they got newspapers in Daredevil, why not here. And I don't know if it's only in Scandinavia but newspapers are free here so they are everywhere.
I mean, The Times and The Wallstreet Journal and Co. are still a thing and Inuniverse the Daily Bugle competed with them on a good level on a regional level.

SpaceWolf

Banned
You know I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpion as a Villain or Shocker

Put Kraven in the sequel

Then Hobgoblin or Mysterio in the third.

I don't want to see Kraven anywhere near this series.

The character is too damn silly, even for a universe that revolves around a teenager with radioactive spider powers.

DKHF

I want Kraven to be a villain in one of Holland's movies. If not this movie (which I'm guessing he won't be) then the next.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Whats the problem with a guy who always wants to up the last thing he hunted?

Because this is that guy....

KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif

This dude running around the New York suburbs, trying to catch himself a Spiderman because he's the ultimate hunter...would not make for a very engaging superhero movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because this is that guy....

KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif

This dude running around the New York suburbs, trying to catch himself a Spiderman because he's the ultimate hunter...would not make for a very engaging superhero movie.
You mean not engaging like a movie about a tree and a talking racoon?

SpaceWolf

Banned
You mean not engaging like a movie about a tree and a talking racoon?

Groot is an interesting, engaging character with a varied comic book history to draw from.

Rocket Racoon is an interesting, engaging character with a varied comic book history to draw from.

Kraven the Hunter is a one-note gimmick and a flat dimensionless character who people only still remember on account of him killing Spiderman in a really weird, not to mention over-rated comic book storyline from the 1980s, which by the way it totally unfilmable.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Who has greenlight authority?
Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Man in Atlanta [in mid-June].

lol, what a comment.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
By all means dude, if Dean Jeffrey Morgan or somebody delivers an Oscar winning turn as Kraven the Last Hunter in the upcoming sequel Spiderman 4: Manhattan Hunt! , feel free to rub it in my face. :)
I thought we reached the point where the consensus is that Marvel knows how to change stuff to make it work.

Also, I can declare Rocket and Groot as overhyped, too, because IMO. Doesnt make it the truth.

oh shit dollar store tom hardy too, he was aiight in prometheus. pretty interesting cast overall. i pray hannibal and martin starr are teachers at the school or something.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
At the rate they are casting this will change quick but I just threw this together to try and get an overall picture of the cast lineup
Seeing them all together is neat, but it's a bit weird that there's a noticeable lack of main females when you see that image.

At the rate they are casting this will change quick but I just threw this together to try and get an overall picture of the cast lineup

Missing a few but so far based on rumors/confirmed
Tom Holland-Spider-man/Peter Parker
RDJ- Ironman
Marisa Tomei - Aunt May
Keaton - Vulture(rumor)
Zendaya - "Michele" classmate
Martin Starr - unknown
Donal Glover - unknown
Hannibal Burres - unknown
Logan Marshall Green - villain
Kenneth Choi - principal
Selenis Leyva- teacher(?)
Tony Revolori- classmate(?)
Bokeem Woodbine- villain
Michael Mando- unknown
Michael Barbier- classmate(?)
Laura Harrier- classmate(?)
Abraham Attah- classmate(?)
J.J. Totah - classmate(?)
Isabella Amara -classmate(?)
Jorge Lendeborg Jr. - classmate(?)

icespide

Banned
Missing a few but so far based on rumors/confirmed
Tom Holland-Spider-man/Peter Parker
RDJ- Uncle Tony
Marisa Tomei - Aunt May
Keaton - Vulture(rumor)
Zendaya - "Michele" classmate
Martin Starr - unknown
Donal Glover - unknown
Hannibal Burres - unknown
Logan Marshall Green - villain
Kenneth Choi - principal
Selenis Leyva- teacher(?)
Tony Revolori- classmate(?)
Bokeem Woodbine- villain
Michael Mando- unknown
Michael Barbier- classmate(?)
Laura Harrier- classmate(?)
Abraham Attah- classmate(?)
J.J. Totah - classmate(?)
Isabella Amara -classmate(?)
Jorge Lendeborg Jr. - classmate(?)

FTFY

Edwins

I wonder if one of the minor villain roles is Blackie Drago. He was the second Vulture in the comics for those unfamiliar with that name. While the primary Vulture will certainly be Toomes, Drago's the kind of guy I could see Marvel turning into a henchman. They pulled that trick in Iron Man 3 (a few of the Extremis soldiers were named after Iron Man/AIM villains in the comics), and they also did it in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the Scarlotti Whiplash, who was basically unusable in the films due to Vanko Whiplash, was used as a Hydra villain in an episode).

Top Bottom