• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Oh shit

It's happening?

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/status/747591663942459393

Just because you are cracking me up... I call this under exposed Spidey Orthotics.
Cl_6p5nUkAE1VTG.jpg

Damn man

I thought my Spidey hype was under control but these teases are bringing it bubbling to the surface

I'm fucking LOSING IT HERE. GIVE ME THOSE DAMN PICTURES

I WANT SPIDER-MAN.

Pachimari

Why do we wanna see the suit? Haven't we seen it already in Civil War? I doubt they're gonna change that much on it for Homecoming, if anything at all.

DKHF

Yeah I think Zendaya is the love interest in this movie. No MJ or Gwen. We would have heard about important casting like that by now if they were in... They'll almost certainly be in future movies if they don't make small appearances in this though.

EulaCapra

If Zendaya's character is still named Michelle, then I'm sure she'll be MJ Watson no matter what character-wise.

Aunt May is already played by Marisa Tomei so throw any preconceived notions out the door. I'm sure production wanted to reflect New York casting and populate the world with people of color that are not just filler characters. And Mary Jane Watson is a character the executives won't be sweating over too much if racebending backlash affects any sort of toy and merchandising sales [because there probably won't be any for her].

Dalek

I just want one Spider-Man movie that isn't about his love life.

Please. Not every comic book is about Peter Parker's girlfriends.

Kevinroc

I wonder if we'll see the girl Peter is interested in reject him. We haven't actually seen that in a Spider-Man movie yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The nerdy kid not getting the girl doesn't really make much of a story.

Its more Peter beeing involved beeing Spider-Man all the time that he doesnt notices that everyone has the hots for him.
Would be cool if we could see for the first time that a girl is interested in him, but he just dont get it and all small steps for getting closer are beeing interrupted because Peter has to fight a villain.
In the past movies, they just made the problems something that happened after Peter revelead his identity.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope Tony funds them the money that they can back in a own small house. Didnt liked that they lived in appartment, but they can make this is something they had to move because they couldnt afford a house after Ben died.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The nerdy kid not getting the girl doesn't really make much of a story.

The lovestory of the movie is Tony getting it on with May. May sets him up with MJ just to get him out of the house. We'll have a scene with Peter coming home after the date to find a sock on the front door.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Speculation time then... Isn't that the same spider symbol from CW? Also, there are no web lines on the suit? Looks like you can kinda see some lines engraved, but just barely.

Speculation time then... Isn't that the same spider symbol from CW? Also, there are no web lines on the suit? Looks like you can kinda see some lines engraved, but just barely.

Civil War suit's webs were thin and un-raised, so in a blurry pic they won't show up much.

Neoxon

It's the same symbol from Civil War. And yes, there are web lines on the suit. It's just that they're made more obvious to the viewers during post-production. But a live image on a blurry camera will make the web lines (which aren't raised) not as obvious.

I don't know what the rule of spoilers in a production thread is (in my head I imagine it's lax due to the nature of set photos) but I'll tag this just in case

The Atlanta Filming dude says they are about to shoot a
prom or homecoming dance scene indoors somewhere

Slayven

They filming in Atlanta? I could drive up there and see whats what. only about an hour away from me. If you see a sign in the film that says "Spidercide lives!!" That is me

Neoxon

They filming in Atlanta? I could drive up there and see whats what. only about an hour away from me. If you see a sign in the film that says "Spidercide lives!!" That is me
Good luck. Hopefully the Mahvel Ninjas don't get you. And if you get a clear shot, have a decent camera ready.

Top Bottom