• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Krowley

I feel like they're basically modeling this after the Harry Potter progression...

The first movie will be lightweight villains, smaller stakes, a lot of high school drama, humor.

The second movie, we'll maybe get Doctor Octopus or Green Goblin..

Then maybe Venom.And Peter's starting college. MJ, serious relationships.

Escalate the villains gradually. Maybe by the fourth movie, a massive teamup of supervillians, and the fate of the world is on the line, and the Avengers show up to help...

"Synopsis" and cast list that still doesn't list who's playing who:

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Marvel Studios' "Captain: Civil War," begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

Directed by Jon Watts

Produced by Kevin Feige, Amy Pascal

Screenplay by Jonathan Goldstein & John Francis Daley and Jon Watts & Christopher Ford and Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers

Based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko

Executive Producers Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Jeremy Latcham, and Stan Lee

Cast: Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Tyne Daly, Bokeem Woodbine, with Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Also isn't Tinkerer the guy who works on suits and weapons for bad guys? Wasn't he in Daredevil? He isn't a VILLAIN villain guys he's not out there fighting Spidey he's just a guy who builds things for other people.
The one in DD was Melvin Potter (aka Gladiator, reformed criminal). The Tinkerer is a different character called Phineas Mason who usually only works for super-villains.

Platy

I am guessing Tinkerer makes Vulture tech and Shocker is a 15 minutes "just doing random hero work" villain.

Which is the way I would do it .... except I would NEVER choose Vulture as a spidey villain for a movie =P

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I am guessing Tinkerer makes Vulture tech and Shocker is a 15 minutes "just doing random hero work" villain.

Which is the way I would do it .... except I would NEVER choose Vulture as a spidey villain for a movie =P

I doubt it, since a big part of the Vulture's thing IIRC is that he invented the tech and was gypped, someone else taking the patent or whatnot.

I would be willing to bet that the movie opens with Spidey taking out Shocker like a chump if that wasn't how Amazing Spider-Man 2 started with Rhino, doubt Marvel and Sony would wanna retread that.

Also isn't Tinkerer the guy who works on suits and weapons for bad guys? Wasn't he in Daredevil? He isn't a VILLAIN villain guys he's not out there fighting Spidey he's just a guy who builds things for other people.

Melvin Potter AKA Gladiator was in Daredevil.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This Spidey already went toe-to-toe with Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Cap. How are Vulture, Shocker, and Tinkerer going to be trouble for him?

Comic Spidey went toe to toe with literally everyone and anything, including mass-murdering aliens, the Hulk, multiple versions of himself, Thanos, Energy-consuming demons, literally the Devil. And still regular human beings like Osborn, Octavius and Kraven managed to defeat him, even theoretically kill him.

It's all in the writing, not in the characters.

There it is

CoGHJZVVMAASH8u.jpg:large
Nice!
Love tHt they are respecting the raimi fans with that power rangers ass vulture design
To be honest it is not like the Vulture had a good design to begin with.
I rather have the green ranger look alike than something like this:

Rule of 3s

Oh boy
Can't wait to see Tom dance!

BLACKLAC

This is what I were hoping for. That classic look. But I also think that the concept art look might work much better in a movie.

Absolutely LOVE what they are doing with Vulture. Massive, elaborate wingspan. Smart hover design. Sick head gear with the beady green night vision eyes, and that... fur? feather? collar. Dangerous looking talons. Very intimidating. Can see some great visual things with that design.

They managed to exceed what I was hoping for when I found out Vultures suit was based around chitauri tech.

Pachimari

Absolutely LOVE what they are doing with Vulture. Massive, elaborate wingspan. Smart hover design. Sick head gear with the beady green eyes, and that... fur? feather? collar. Dangerous looking talons. Very intimidating. Can see some great visual things with that design.

What can I say? I like it too..

LewieP

Chris McKenna wrote the episode of Community, Anthropology 101. That was the one that showed Troy in Spider-Man pyjamas.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not the biggest fan but it was kinda safe that they wont go with a true to the original adaption.
But I dont judge things on a artwork.

Renpatsu

Absolutely LOVE what they are doing with Vulture. Massive, elaborate wingspan. Smart hover design. Sick head gear with the beady green night vision eyes, and that... fur? feather? collar. Dangerous looking talons. Very intimidating. Can see some great visual things with that design.
I mentioned this in one of the other threads but that concept art seems to indicate the suit having some connection to fighter pilots what with the helmet design and the fur collar lining of a pilot's bomber jacket.

I had no expectations for this, but after watching the high school footage I was blown away.
Is it true that Tony Revolori is playing Flash Thompson?
Edit : Guess so

According to the filmmaker, Zendaya plays Michelle, Revolori plays Flash, Harrier plays Liz, and Batalon plays Ned. “We constantly refer to ourselves as The Breakfast Club,” Harrier says of their relationship.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/2...?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitterL

Now I realize why I like the look of Vulture so much, as he reminds me a bit of Yoji Shinkawa's designs for MGS.

I also love it because it looks practical and seems to have history to it. Like he took some tech from the army and changed it.

Like, do you think any soldiers would look like the Green Goblin from SM1?

Top Bottom