• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

guek

Banned
you could be onto something there but..she's perfect for MJ

She'd be great for an adult MJ but sadly not for a Peter this young.

Felicia Hardy on the other hand has been portrayed as significantly older than Peter in the past. Daddario has the figure for Felicia too.

2733277-marvel_knights_spider_man__7___page_6.jpg

Loxley

I literally only want to see Mary Jane's actress appear in a single scene in Homecoming and I want it to be this one.

Mjface.jpg

If they do anything else with her for the first MCU Spiderman film, they've messed it up.

The fact that is is one of the single-most iconic moments in Spider-Man's history and it hasn't been replicated on film yet is a massive failure on Hollywood's part. Here's hoping they finally do it in Homecoming.

Kevinroc

I literally only want to see Mary Jane's actress appear in a single scene in Homecoming and I want it to be this one.

Mjface.jpg

If they do anything else with her for the first MCU Spiderman film, they've messed it up.

There's supposed to be a school dance in this, right? Because that would be the perfect set-up for this iconic scene.

The Kree

Banned
The fact that is is one of the single-most iconic moments in Spider-Man's history and it hasn't been replicated on film yet is a massive failure on Hollywood's part. Here's hoping they finally do it in Homecoming.

Raimi recreated the costume in the trash panel though. That was good.

Neoxon

Another look at Spidey's web shooters and utility belt:

c6hcurq.jpg
At least we know where the extra web fluid cartridges go. Notice the hint of red at the bottom of Peter's wrist, which matches up with the red found at the ends of the web cartridges.

Corpekata

Banned
Going to guess we're getting a sort of Tinkerer type story going on in this movie, perhaps combining him with the Vulture. It'll be about a tech villain that's outfitting other villains with dangerous goodies, so we'll get to see minor characters like the Shocker. Will allow them to avoid going to the well of mad scientists mutating themselves / others for a bit.

Which sort of sounds like an Iron Man movie villain, which probably explains him being around (beyond wanting to shag Aunt May).

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I believe this news, but is there a more reliable source than that one?

Unfortunately not. Only other mention is from Marvelous Realm last month.

Lastly, how about some info regarding a villain? Not long ago it was reported that Bokeem Woodbine had joined the film as a villain. So what villain? Woodbine is apparently Herman Schultz. Schultz is know as The Shocker, who first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #46. The Shocker is a life-long criminal that uses his gauntlets, that project extremely compressed air, as a dangerous weapon.

Why should he be portrayed as a baffoon? He should be serious but have his goofy moments. Shocker can be so cool.
He was really good in Fargo when played against idiots. I can see him having some henchmen that are completely useless and he's there all cool and collected.

Really inspired casting regardless.

Neoxon

The way I see it, Tricorp was supposed to give the Shocker suit to Herman Schultz in Spectacular Spider-Man. Since Tricorp in Spectacular Spider-Man is Oscorp's main competitor in the super-mercenary business, Norman tipped off Tombstone on Tricorp's shipment for Montana (who was then under Tombstone's employ) to use the Shocker suit instead of Schultz.

maxcriden

Maybe they can go for the late 90's padded Shocker look.

85-1.jpg

They could bring back Paul Stacy:

86-1.jpg

And since it was just a couple issues later, one of my all-time fave covers:

88-1.jpg

Pachimari

I feel like reading a Spidey comic tonight. Which series is best to start out with? I had Spider-Man #1 and read his origin as a kid already.

Top Bottom