• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

She'd be great for an adult MJ but sadly not for a Peter this young.

Felicia Hardy on the other hand has been portrayed as significantly older than Peter in the past. Daddario has the figure for Felicia too.
Christ. I don't think I could quite handle that. I feel like Marvel would tone down her costume a lot though, I don't think they'd go full Suicide Squad Harley.

Surprised we're getting another villain in this. Hopefully they've learned from the prior mistakes of multiple villains.

The 90s cartoon version is the best. Everything from the 90 cartoon show is the best.

The correct answer is the Spectacular Spider-Man version is the best. When we're talking about Spider-Man cartoons at least, Spectacular Spider-Man is always best.

Christ. I don't think I could quite handle that. I feel like Marvel would tone down her costume a lot though, I don't think they'd go full Suicide Squad Harley.

Not sure you should expect a black cat design to be remotely similar to the comics. I can see a variation on Anne Hathaway catwoman but far more flirty.

dankir

The 90s cartoon version is the best. Everything from the 90 cartoon show is the best.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone knows that the greatest spider-man cartoon was the mtv animated series version.

1280x720-uL5.jpg

I really liked it as well, but no, not even close to "best". That's still Spectacular.

Michael Chernus Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ As The Tinkerer

http://deadline.com/2016/08/michael-chernus-spider-man-homecoming-villains-1201801646/

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Chernus has joined Sony Pictures and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming as one of the villains in the reboot of the franchise. Chernus will play Phineas Mason the Tinkerer in the film which is being directed by Jon Watts and stars Tom Holland in the lead role. Chernus, whose credits include Captain Phillips, Aloha, Bourne Legacy and Orange is the New Black, will play opposite villain Michael Keaton.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I guess Vulture will be the main villain but Shocker and they will get supplied by the Tinkerer. Spidey busts Hermann, finds a Insignia, fights Vulture, find the sams insignia, he will get Tony for help, Tony will say, yeah, its from an old competitioner, Spidey tracks him down and gets advice how to beat Adrian. Boom, final fight.

Sorry for Spoiling the movie :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How many villains is this film going to have?
Comic book movies are always great when they have lots of villains. It's like a sure thing. Like, extra scoops of ice cream. Fills me with confidence.

tomtom94

Marvel proofed that they can put tons of Villains in a movie and it works out. They had most the time at least two.

Cleary they've taken the criticism about memorable villains to heart and this movie will be nothing but villains

I am not sure I agree with your assessment given Iron Man 2 but sure

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Cleary they've taken the criticism about memorable villains to heart and this movie will be nothing but villains

I am not sure I agree with your assessment given Iron Man 2 but sure
Yeah, but there is Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, maybe Dr. Strange. The additional villains at least didnt hurted the movie in regards of making them overfilled

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Which is the best Spider-Man comic to read to learn about the Tinkerer?
I think he has never been really relevant, he is just there and gives tech away for the tech based villains.
Cant think of a single issue beside the one where he is revealed as a alien who spied on the us army

I guess all that leaves then is the question of Logan Marshall-Green is playing?

We've got Tinkerer, Shocker, and the Vulture, which were the ones leaked from the Comic-Con Minimates presentation.

Which Spider-Man villain looks like a discount Tom Hardy, again?

Platy

Why is it always Spider Man movies that feel the need to have more than one villain ?

Shocker on an intro to show spidey dealing with regular thief and crime is ok till Vulture appears but what the fuck is this thinker dude will do ?

Corpekata

Banned
Why is it always Spider Man movies that feel the need to have more than one villain ?

Shocker on an intro to show spidey dealing with regular thief and crime is ok till Vulture appears but what the fuck is this thinker dude will do ?

He's just a builder type. He won't be a straight up villain as much as likely a supporting character working for them. Think like Toby Jones' role in the Captain America movies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Cap 2 had three villains and it worked, AoU had two Villains and it worked, this will work, too.

Tinkerer is an inventor. His whole thing is making the gear that other villains use.

Marvel proofed that they can put tons of Villains in a movie and it works out. They had most the time at least two.

Marvel treats secondary villains like henchmen instead of Big Bads, which is always the problem with multiple villains in film.

Cap 2 had 5 villain, Batroc, Winter Soldier, Zola, Crossbones, Pierce.

That's really stretching the use and the concept of "villains".

You're confusing villains as in "Big Bad" with "cameos" and "supporting characters".

Cap 2 only had two main villains: Alex Pierce and The Winter Soldier. Batroc was a cameo villain, Zola and Frank Grillo (not even Crossbones in this film) were supporting.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel treats secondary villains like henchmen instead of Big Bads, which is always the problem with multiple villains in film.

I think thats fine considering there will never be big movie stories about Guys like Batroc, etc. I just hope Claw gets a bigger role in a upcoming Black Panther movie.

I think thats fine considering there will never be big movie stories about Guys like Batroc, etc. I just hope Claw gets a bigger role in a upcoming Black Panther movie.

That was the only reason why he was in Ultron. Or, that should be. I mean, otherwise it's ridiculous. He's too big a character to waste.

But wasn't Killmonger or whatever already confirmed?

The Kree

Banned

I like what Batman Begins did with the villains. Batman had to peel them back like layers in an onion. It was Marconi < Scarecrow < Ras. The man behind the man behind the man.

Multiple villains was never a problem, bad filmmaking was. Seriously, how when we have films that balance characters like Avengers and Civil War can you say that "multiple villains" is a unilaterally bad idea?

The casting is spot on, I love the guy in OITNB so will be interesting to see a villainous side.

georly

Multiple villains was never a problem, bad filmmaking was. Seriously, how when we have films that balance characters like Avengers and Civil War can you say that "multiple villains" is a unilaterally bad idea?

The casting is spot on, I love the guy in OITNB so will be interesting to see a villainous side.

Yup. They could also be used for a montage scene to show spidey gaining fame/acclaim by defeating multiple baddies. Common thug? Down. Group of thugs? Down. Bank robbers? Down. Tinkerer? Down! Shocker? Also down. Spidey is getting good at this, nothing can stop him.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
RUMOR: New Details About The Tinkerer’s Role In ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Just yesterday we learned that Michael Chernus (Orange Is The New Black) had joined the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming as the villain Phineas Mason aka The Tinkerer, who had been rumored for some time to appear in the film. Following that bit of casting news, we’ve now got some new details about the character’s role in the upcoming Jon Watts directed film. Going to give you a warning though, there are some mild-spoilers below. So, if you’re trying to go into the film fresh, there’s a chance that you may not want to continue reading any further.

Now that we’ve got the spoiler warning out of the way, let’s get into these details. Sources have revealed to us that in the Marvel Studios release, The Tinkerer will be an ex-Stark Industries employee who was personally fired by Tony Stark a few years back. Mason will be providing tech to both The Vulture (Michael Keaton) and The Shocker (Bokeem Woodbine) in an attempt to prove to Stark that it was a mistake firing him. Previous rumors would point towards these items being built from repurposed Chitauri technology. It’s currently unclear if Logan Marshall-Green’s villainous character, who remains a mystery at this time, will have any connections to Mason as well. As always, let us know you think about the above in the comments section below.

Top Bottom