• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

BLACKLAC

tumblr_inline_npcplkWag61qcuyym_500.png

I understand your point.

I still win :p

SpaceWolf

Banned
Speaking of the ending of the first Captain America film, I was disappointed when this character....

tumblr_m5ni71zDM11rrwrmho4_500.png

...didn't turn out to be Sharon Carter as I first thought when I first saw the movie in the cinema. I really liked the actress, and based on how slightly emotional the character got after Steve Rogers escaped from his cell, I thought they were doing a subtle bit of groundwork for the characters meeting up in the sequel. Alas, I never really dug the actress they got for Sharon in the sequels. I grieve for what might have been.

EDIT: She even LOOKS like Peggy!

Xion385

Speaking of the ending of the first Captain America film, I was disappointed when this character....

...didn't turn out to be Sharon Carter as I first thought when I first saw the movie in the cinema. I really liked the actress, and based on how slightly emotional the character got after Steve Rogers escaped from his cell, I thought they were doing a subtle bit of groundwork for the characters meeting up in the sequel. Alas, I never really dug the actress they got for Sharon in the sequels. I grieve for what might have been.

I always thought Hayley Atwell should've played Sharon Carter also. Atwell should've just dyed her hair blonde.They always mentioned in the comics that she's a splitting image of Peggy and Steve always reminded her of Peggy.

The OP is super out of date, I'm sorry guys. Been busy

I will add a bunch of stuff this weekend including the poster and updated casting information

guek

Banned

I always figured they deliberately chose a shield agent that resembled Peggy for Steve's sake, figuring it'd be easier to take the news if it came from someone who looked familiar. I wouldn't have minded at all though had she turned out to be Sharon.

They always mentioned in the comics that she's a splitting image of Peggy and Steve always reminded her of Peggy.

That's not creepy at all...

I see Ultimate Spider-Man would be a great read, since they're taking a lot of inspiration from that series?

I read Ultimate from beginning to end and it's absolutely fantastic save for a stumble maybe 80% through (but it rebounds nicely for the final arcs)

You should definitely go for it.

I would get kidney failure from the combined Mary Jane/Flash casting choices.

And they're both gonna be AMAZING. Also, that picture with Tom in the suit with his mask off really sells it for me.

Who is Donald Glover playing though, no one seems to have a clue.

There's a theory circulating that he's the Prowler based on there being an Ultimate Spider-Man story where Tinkerer made Vulture a suit and Prowler stole and used it (as well as Shocker's gauntlets), as well as Ultimate Prowler being Miles' Uncle and Miles exists because of the "Glover for Spider-Man" campaign.

There's a theory circulating that he's the Prowler based on there being an Ultimate Spider-Man story where Tinkerer made Vulture a suit and Prowler stole and used it, as well as Ultimate Prowler being Miles' Uncle and Miles exists because of the "Glover for Spider-Man" campaign.
Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

There's a theory circulating that he's the Prowler based on there being an Ultimate Spider-Man story where Tinkerer made Vulture a suit and Prowler stole and used it (as well as Shocker's gauntlets), as well as Ultimate Prowler being Miles' Uncle and Miles exists because of the "Glover for Spider-Man" campaign.

#itsallconnected

Miles is happening

well there it is

CqL98m1WEAAZrQ9.jpg:large

Wait, Jim Morita is still alive and young??? Did he get frozen somewhere too and decided to become a principal?

Probably his grandson or something...

(For those who don't remember Kenneth Choi played Jim Morita in Cap1)

Yep, especially Gwen. Silk is decent (great art) but has lost focus a bit.
I'd say Silk has been more focused than Gwen, especially as far as plot's concern. Gwen is relying a bit too much on the "let's see how much we can change Marvel characters" schtick too much.

But both have been great. The Spider-Women event was one of the better crossovers in recent history. The haters probably aren't even reading these books.

Top Bottom