• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

I thought Donald Glover was a bit older for some reason. He's in a weird spot where he's too old to play a classmate of Peter's but too young to play the big bad adult. Then again, Abraham Attah is 15, so he's 17 years younger than Donald Glover, making him playing Donald's child feasible. I'd like it if he played Peter's little buddy for a while who goes off on a dangerous path later.

So...another thing I just thought of.

What's the state of Sony's Venom movie(s)? Last I heard they were still planning to move ahead even after the MCU deal, but having Brock in this film would make things even more confusing since the Venom ones wouldn't be in continuity with Homecoming.

Did they finally scrap that like they did Sinister 6?

Edit: Lol nvm it's totally still alive. God damnit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-venom-revived-872844

Holy shit is that going to be a mess for the casual fan to understand

"Wow that new Spider-Man movie was great! Can't wait for him to fight Venom"
"Spider-Man won't be in the Venom movie"
"Oh so Venom will be in the next Spider-Man movie?"
"No they are different universes"
"But they're both from Sony?"
"One is a Sony/Marvel collaboration"
"So why don't they collaborate on Venom"
"¯_(ツ)_/¯"

Pachimari

Yeah, also James Franco probably wouldn't be on my casting List for Harry.
James Franco was the best Harry. Although I also liked the depiction in ASM.

"¯_(ツ)_/¯"

Fucking LOL! It's totally gonna be like this. Can just picture my conversation with people.

DedValve

Banned

What's the state of Sony's Venom movie(s)? Last I heard they were still planning to move ahead even after the MCU deal, but having Brock in this film would make things even more confusing since the Venom ones wouldn't be in continuity with Homecoming.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-venom-revived-872844

"¯_(ツ)_/¯"

How many spidermen do we have? Peter, Gwen & Miles who else (that doesn't suck)?

It would be cool if Marvel got Peter and Sony did Miles Morales movies. Though I have no idea if Sony is even allowed to do that.

How many spidermen do we have? Peter, Gwen & Miles who else (that doesn't suck)?

It would be cool if Marvel got Peter and Sony did Miles Morales movies. Though I have no idea if Sony is even allowed to do that.

No, we need Miles in the MCU :(

But if that's the only way Miles happens, I'll take it. If they wanted to get crazy they could straight up call it an alternate universe and make Peter dead in that one already. Just go full Ultimate

Phamit

James Franco was the best Harry. Although I also liked the depiction in ASM.

Fucking LOL! It's totally gonna be like this. Can just picture my conversation with people.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked him, but I don't think he would be the first person in my mind to play him.

I also liked Dane DeHaan, but ASM2 and the character development of Harry are not things I liked that much

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

"¯_(ツ)_/¯"

I think Sony/Marvel are humoring Avi Arad at this point, making sure he keeps out of the MCU.

icespide

Banned

"¯_(ツ)_/¯"
I bet my account that the non MCU venom movies never happen

Lmo911

Why not just go the Agent Venom route? You wouldn't even really need Flash Thompson to make it work. Just have a different agent who gets corrupted by the symbiote every movie almost like a horror franchise. Make the creature the focus ala Hannibal.

I don't see it happening though. People want classic Venom and you can't get him without Spidey.

McBryBry

Having always enjoyed Venom as a kid and just finishing the recent Venom series with Flash.... PLEASE give me Agent Venom in the MCU. Please...

How would a Venom movie even make sense? His costume and powers are both based on Spider-Man, and not just superficially either but because the symbiote was part of Spider-Man for a while. How are they going to explain Venom being able to shoot webs? Why does he have a giant Spider on his chest?

phanphare

Banned
Having always enjoyed Venom as a kid and just finishing the recent Venom series with Flash.... PLEASE give me Agent Venom in the MCU. Please...

remender's run? loved that book. dude actually made jack o lantern an entertaining villain. even managed to sneak in a phish reference lol

PsychBat!

Banned
Wait, Hannibal Buress is in this?
Nkk4jr.gif

Pachimari

So I just started watching The Spectacular Spider-Man, and is this considered the best animation for Spidey? The art is so damn horrible, although I won't judge the plot, as I have only finished the pilot.

Spinluck

So I just started watching The Spectacular Spider-Man, and is this considered the best animation for Spidey? The art is so damn horrible, although I won't judge the plot, as I have only finished the pilot.

The art was made in that style to give us some solid animation.

I don't mind it personally, it grew on me.

Has the idea been floated that maybe Zendaya's character is actually just Michelle Johnson? and they call her MJ for short?
or maybe her middles name(s) Mary-Jane.
Michelle Mary Jane Johnson. and she prefers to be called by her middle name(s)?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Has the idea been floated that maybe Zendaya's character is actually just Michelle Johnson? and they call her MJ for short?
or maybe her middles name(s) Mary-Jane.
Michelle Mary Jane Johnson. and she prefers to be called by her middle name(s)?

MMJJ

Houndi101

Really not sure about this with the Flash Thompson we're getting.. Then again first superhero in MCU who isn't shredded is something..

Edit nvm seems like he's already lost the weight

I hated the art style too at first. It really does grow on you, give it some time. The show is really really good.

I'm about halfway through S2 and I don't want it to end :(

The first two responses to this thread are ironic in retrospect.

Haha....wow.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Miguel.

But its more then fine if they just do Peter. Nobody needs the 500 redudant Spideys of all genders that are currently around.

Speaking of Spectacular I found this on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lYCgC7ToQ

Had no idea there were so many clips/montages from CW online, Marvel/Disney seem to not give a shit about taking them down. Man I saw that movie twice and I still forgot just how much they nailed the movement and action with him

Would be cool if they used that as the end credits song for Homecoming, but I'll also accept a brand new Spider-Man theme song. Just give me like...something original and not a licensed track

Speaking of Spectacular I found this on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lYCgC7ToQ

Had no idea there were so many clips/montages from CW online, Marvel/Disney seem to not give a shit about taking them down. Man I saw that movie twice and I still forgot just how much they nailed the movement and action with him

Would be cool if they used that as the end credits song for Homecoming, but I'll also accept a brand new Spider-Man theme song. Just give me like...something original and not a licensed track

Just use this song again Sony/Marvel- Hero - Nickelback - OFFICIAL VIDEO (Spider-Man Soundtrack)

Peter is dumpster diving for computer parts near the start of the movie, then he finds an old MP3 player. He puts his earphones on it and Hero starts playing to a montage of him saving people as Spider-Man.

The song ends and we get a flashback of him having a conversation with Uncle Ben played by Chad Kroeger

Top Bottom