• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

phanphare

Banned
Yep, especially Gwen. Silk is decent (great art) but has lost focus a bit.

ok cool. I'll probably pick up spider gwen then, I think the colorist and maybe the writer are affiliated with my LCS so that's kind of cool.

Eh. I wouldn't be so hasty.

Silk is a trash character as conceived through Slott, but her current book is okay.

Especially if you compare that to how Peter is being written in his own book.

I am a slott defender ;p

he has overstayed his welcome imo but I absolutely loved big time through superior, though there were a few bumps in the road along the way

well there it is

CqL98m1WEAAZrQ9.jpg:large
Shocker #2? What are you planning Marvel?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so is this MJ news like official anywhere besides The Wrap reporting on it? I'm going to find it hilarious if all this "outrage" is all for nothing and Zendaya is really just a girl named Michelle and there's no MJ or Gwen in this movie.

I also don't understand the production trying to keep this as some huge secret. That call sheet above says Michelle, of course there's no last name either, which is a bit weird.

Wait, so is this MJ news like official anywhere besides The Wrap reporting on it? I'm going to find it hilarious if all this "outrage" is all for nothing and Zendaya is really just a girl named Michelle and there's no MJ or Gwen in this movie.

I also don't understand the production trying to keep this as some huge secret. That call sheet above says Michelle, of course there's no last name either, which is a bit weird.

(James) Gunn commented on it, so take that for what it's worth I guess. No idea if he's in the know but I assume he is kept up to speed

Would be odd if he's publicly defending the casting even though he knows it's not true

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Vulture.com says their own sources say that
the MJ reveal is meant to be a surprise revealed halfway through the film.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Vulture.com says their own sources say that
the MJ reveal is meant to be a surprise revealed halfway through the film.
Ah, I see. Still kinda weird they're trying to hide that. Am I gonna be shocked when she shows up to Peter's door for the homecoming dance and she has her hair dyed red and says her "face it Tiger" line? Nope, and it'll be awesome.

that MJ thread is gross. I'm gonna hide in the comfort of this thread

Real talk

Is Liz/MJ gonna be a thing like Liz/Gwen was in Spectacular, where Peter is caught in a kind of triangle?

I get the feeling they are taking a lot from Spectacular, after just starting to watch it lately.

Real talk

Is Liz/MJ gonna be a thing like Liz/Gwen was in Spectacular, where Peter is caught in a kind of triangle?

I get the feeling they are taking a lot from Spectacular, after just starting to watch it lately.

They definitely are. And that can only be a good thing.

I liked the whole cast in Spectacular so I hope they put a lot of focus on Pete's social circle.

Real talk

No doubt... I do wonder how Ned & Betty fit into this love polygon thing though. I'm guessing the two of them are Peter's friends (replacing Gwen & Harry for now since they are fresh in people's minds from ASM2), while Flash, Liz, and the Untold Tales of Spider-Man gang (Sally Avril, Jason Ionello, Tiny McKeever,etc.) are the "cool crowd"

Wait, Jim Morita is still alive and young??? Did he get frozen somewhere too and decided to become a principal?

Probably his grandson or something...

(For those who don't remember Kenneth Choi played Jim Morita in Cap1)

100% chance his desk is going to have a picture of either the Howling Commandos or a picture of him in military regalia just to connect it. That, or he'll use his grandpa as an example in some speech to Peter.

No doubt... I do wonder how Ned & Betty fit into this love polygon thing though. I'm guessing the two of them are Peter's friends (replacing Gwen & Harry for now since they are fresh in people's minds from ASM2), while Flash, Liz, and the Untold Tales of Spider-Man gang (Sally Avril, Jason Ionello, Tiny McKeever,etc.) are the "cool crowd"

Yeah this sounds most likely

Pachimari

The one on the second left, the black actress, is she Liz Allan and the main interest of Peter during this movie probably?

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Zendaya is MJ, even though it's not confirmed yet. I really hope she's Mary Jane. This film man, it feels so right. And finally I'm getting Vulture and Shocker. Just need Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, Chameleon and Spot for future films.

Jonogunn

Wish there was another ww2 captain America movie. Maybe one with a more grounded and serious tone akin to all the serious ww2 tv shows and movies out there.

I wanna see cap and the howling commandos weary and tired and just chilling out in a fox hole during down time during the cold winter with all their tattered uniforms drinking coffee.

Band of brothers x captain America please

Any word on who Donald Glover plays as?

Still calling him as Norman Osborn, with Abraham Attah playing Harry. If that casting call is right, it would imply that Abraham's role is secret just like Zendaya unless he just happens to be playing a character with his real name.

Still calling him as Norman Osborn, with Abraham Attah playing Harry. If that casting call is right, it would imply that Abraham's role is secret just like Zendaya unless he just happens to be playing a character with his real name.

Oh man, they're gonna add salt to the tears with that if true

Phamit

Hm was there ever an explanation why Harry Osborn is on a public school? Maybe they add him later, after he met Peter at some Oscorp school trip

Hm was there ever an explanation why Harry Osborn is on a public school? Maybe they add him later, after he met Peter at some Oscorp school trip
In the original film Norman says that Harry flunked out of every private school he sent him to. Though Harry's not normally a slacker as he was depicted in that movie.

Don't forget that Logan Marshall-Green was said to be playing "a villain," and Vulture, Tinkerer, and Shocker are all seemingly accounted for now and he isn't any of them.

My absolute shot in the dark is that Logan Marshall-Green is playing Norman Osborn who has a minor role in the film and set up as a future villain and Harry isn't present in the film at all. And Donald Glover is Eddie Brock, or someone. I have no idea.

Top Bottom